Foreign pilots and helicopter operators

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

PointyEngine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Foreign pilots and helicopter operators

Post by PointyEngine »

Gilles Hudicourt wrote:Ok but let's target the employers that use TFW and government policy that gives our jobs to TFW pilots. Targeting individual foreign pilots, especially landed immigrants is not a good idea. This can quickly degenerate into something unfortunate.
+1

Freck, did it ever cross your egocentric pea sized brain there may also be Canadians flying Helicopter in NZ????
---------- ADS -----------

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Gilles Hudicourt »

Deleted. Duplicate

Last edited by Gilles Hudicourt on Mon May 19, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

PointyEngine wrote:+1

Freck, did it ever cross your egocentric pea sized brain there may also be Canadians flying Helicopter in NZ????
PointyEnfine, you mean Canadian Helicopter pilots flying as TFW in NZ?
If you know as fact that there are some please go ahead at state it with name of company etc..
If not, well there probably aren't any in the numbers that they come to Canada.

Last edited by Gilles Hudicourt on Mon May 19, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PointyEngine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by PointyEngine »

He was not talking about TFW, this person had landed status.

As to the numbers, or status of Canadians Flying in NZ I wouldn't have the foggiest. I know of a few guys who have flown in PNG and Australia also. To the best of my knowledge there is no comparable loop hole to the TFW program for people to flood in and work down there. In all honesty, I can't see why it exists. In NZ they put skills on a skills shortage list, a VISA may be granted IF they gov't deems the company and the individual meet a range of criteria (I believe this may be comparable to a LMO method?). Air NZ recently tried to get the ability to bring in non-landed employees and were promptly stepped on by the government.

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

And this is the way it should be here, but in Canada the Industry dictates and does what it wants with absolutely no government oversight. Even when the companies are caught red handed cheating the government regulations here in Canada there are no consequences, not even a halt to the program they cheating on.

Freck
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Freck »

Thats right moron it did enter my pea size brain that you retards come up here and work for nothing and take bad tours in turn ruining our industry! I'm sure any Canadian working down under is doing it for good money and good rotations. Actually I know they are. You are an idiot! This is why I won't hire these morons Gilles citizen or not they are idiots!

PointyEngine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by PointyEngine »

Freck,I can only assume you have had serious issues finding a job (judging from your positive outlook in other posts as well). Correct me if I'm wrong.

There is certainly an issue with TFW, and I think we will hopefully see some changes there soon. But open your eyes and get a reality check. There is no single nationality that we can point fingers at here...

Freck
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Freck »

No problem finding work at all. My problem is the companies that are abusing the TFW program are undercutting the good companies and the root of the problem is the Kiwi and Aussie pilots working for nothing. So yeah it is strictly kiwis and Aussies screwing up our industry. We don't want you here period.

esp803

Post by esp803 »

Freck wrote:and is now a landed immigrant
Problem solved, he seems like he wants to immigrate, I see no reason why he should not compete for Canadian Jobs. It's only TFW's that I have a problem with. If you've been here for long enough to get landed immigrant and pay taxes then you should be allowed to apply to whatever job you want.
Freck wrote:you retards come up here and work for nothing and take bad tours in turn ruining our industry!
I happen to know a Kiwi pilot who was relatively low time when he got here and made a bloody fortune considering his experience. How is your example any different then Canadian low time pilots doing the same thing?
PointyEngine wrote:. In NZ they put skills on a skills shortage list, a VISA may be granted IF they gov't deems the company and the individual meet a range of criteria (I believe this may be comparable to a LMO method?)
This seems like a reasonable system to me.

E

Freck
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Freck »

Jesus you guys just don't get it. I bet your Kiwi buddy had a 2 and 2 shift as well. More like 2 on and 2 on. You guys see only short term gain never the big picture. You are the most slimey snakes in the grass I've ever worked alongside with your me me I attitudes. I don't care if you have been citizens for 20 years you started out screwing a Canadian over at one time or another. Now that you've done what it takes to get where you wanted you want a fair schedule and pay??!! Yeah I'll file your CV in the recycling bin. At least it gives me some comfort in doing my part to weed out the cancer that is you.

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Guys, unity, unity unity.

Let's focus on shady employment practices and government policy please, that is how we will change things. Nothing will change if we attack fellow pilots, quite the contrary, management will exploit that to the fullest and things will only get worse.

Freck
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Freck »

There can be no unity with these guys Gilles unfortunately. They only have themselves in their sights and could care less about what or who they screw over to achieve their own personal interest. I've seen it first hand so I can't help but be put out by their antics. So I will continue to focus on half of the problem. Without them these companies that are famous for their fraudulent practice would simply go away or be forced to tow the line. I'm done here. Fire away rats.

maury
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by maury »

You guys are driving me nuts. Lets sit here and rant and rave at each other when it is the operators that are causing the grief. Why are you not ranting about them or the conservative government.
I don't know how many of you have read my earlier post - obviously with the number of responses, not as many as I would like. Don't the recent posts here convince you that we have to act as one. No one is going to change anything talking on these forums. Do you think the operators care about your rants? They love it because they know that once again we are all speaking as individuals and not as a group, and remember people, they (the operators) have their own little association that they claim represents 80% of the Canadian fleet. They have people employed full time to forward their wants and needs to the powers that be - don't you think that we would be in a better position to affect decisions that affect US as pilots if we could speak as one. Everyone appreciates the efforts of those trying to do something about the foreign workers, but those are just some of the issues affecting the industry.
Like I said in my other post, EVERY professional is a member of some kind of an association, no matter what you call it, except helicopter pilots. I guess my problem is that I always thought of my job as a professional career, silly me.

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

New article on TFW helicopter pilots

http://www.verticalmag.com/news/article ... 444oPmHhEF

Rotorman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Rotorman »

I believe that more and more Canadian helicopter companies are just try to reason about the hiring of much cheaper foreign workers, pretending Canadian Pilots don't have enough experience.....
Its so easy, just put an add online in a local paper or website and also on a government website like jobbank.ca and you got yourself covert. After a couple of weeks if you cant find or don't want to hire a Canadian Pilot your all set, sent it of to your immigration lawyer and your application starts for the foreign pilot to start working.

In the meanwhile experienced Canadian pilots sit at home barely make a income and cant find work.

I am a strong believer that some Companies take total advantage of the foreign worker program, and then try to reason it by saying we need experienced foreign pilots to fill the demanding positions here in Canada.....I guess you can turn the table where ever it works for you and your savings.....

cheers

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

http://www.cbaamatters.com/wp-content/u ... posal1.pdf
Currently, it is extremely difficult to find qualified pilots. So much so that we rely heavily on temporary foreign workers to be able to fill the roster. We currently have about half of our pilots from
Australia or New Zealand.....The fact is, we will not be able to locate the number of pilots
needed to fill the seats if these regs go ahead.

fijdor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by fijdor »

Funny how things are, when I was looking for work at the end of the summer, (high time pilot) I sent resumes out (never got an answer back) and called a couple of companies that I thought might be in need for experience pilots, no luck there for me. About a week after talking to one of the company I saw an Ad by that same company looking for experience pilots that was put up there a couple of days earlier. I called them right away and talked to the same person I talked to the week before, I got the same answer I got a week earlier, meaning, to late in the season, no need for pilots, maybe next summer etc etc.
I said alright but you need to explain to me why you just put up an Ad looking for pilots, the answer caught me completely by surprise. here it is. "the reason why we put that up, was because it was recommended by our lawyer to justified the hiring of Foreign workers." They do have a bunch of them.

Now, I know somebody out there that knows my name and what I think about that dishonest practice.

FD

Last edited by fijdor on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Report the company to EDSC. They have a web page to report Foreign Worker Fraud. This is exactly what you just described......

If you guys who are directly affected by this practice don't defend yourselves, who will ?
Online Fraud Reporting Tool
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/abou ... line.shtml

Wolfhunter
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Wolfhunter »

fijdor wrote:(high time pilot) I sent resumes out (never got an answer back) and called a couple of companies that I thought might be in need for experience pilots, no luck there for me.
Now, I know somebody out there that knows my name and what I think about that dishonest practice. FD

Yup. High time (unemployed) as well but I don't even bother sending out resumes anymore.

Here is a link for anyone interested in S-92 positions in YHZ and looking to fight the good fight : https://www.pilotcareercentre.com/Pilot ... eld+NS/HNZ

I suspect (but don't know) that it is the same old same old. If I had 100 Hrs of S-92 time I wouldn't need to be looking.

Legacy14
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Legacy14 »

deleted

Last edited by Legacy14 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Helicopter Forum”