Noise Abatement YTZ

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Noise Abatement YTZ

Post by NotDirty! »

How do they expect me to shoot this approach without violating the noise sensitive area???
CYTZ RNAV A.jpg
CYTZ RNAV A.jpg (221.88 KiB) Viewed 1961 times
---------- ADS -----------

Colonel Sanders
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Noise Abatement YTZ

Post by Colonel Sanders »

Feather both props at EBGAP.

jet a1
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by jet a1 »

the wx is basically VFR when this approach is offered. plenty of time to break out and maneuver through the eastern gap.
heaven forbid spoiled island residents should be disturbed.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Here's EBGAP. Can you really not avoid Ward's Island from there?
Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 6.07.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 6.07.09 PM.png (225.4 KiB) Viewed 1918 times

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
justwork
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by justwork »

Your mark of where the noise sensitive area isn't right. The noise sensitive area is from Algonquin Island Park and east. If you look in the CFS the noise sensitive area actually extends INTO the eastern channel. By the book, shooting the visual between the stack and ward island you are just as likely to enter the noise sensitive area

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

From the CFS

photo.jpg
photo.jpg (128.63 KiB) Viewed 1806 times

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

jet a1 wrote:the wx is basically VFR when this approach is offered. plenty of time to break out and maneuver through the eastern gap.
heaven forbid spoiled island residents should be disturbed.
Sorry??? For those of us without the ops spec to do the ILS 26, which approach will be offered with a howling west wind, 500 ovc and 1 1/2 SM vis?

Given those conditions, are you going to turn away from the airport to hit the eastern gap, in a ragged minimums ceiling? If it's 2000 bkn, then sure, get down, aim for the Hearn Stack and avoid the NIMBYs, but if the weather is the s#1ts, I know what I'm going to do! (And it's not say screw it we're going to Pearson!)

SAR_YQQ
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by SAR_YQQ »

Don't let things like noise sensitive areas affect your safety of flight - they are just there for information purposes, if it were regulatory they would be full out CYRs. It's the airport's way of dealing with over zealous NIMBY's - "yes Sir, we have enacted a special zone around your area". If it's dog shit weather and you are shooting the approach - the last I will be doing is looking in the CFS for noise sensitive areas - I will fly the approach the way it is depicted on the chart.

Rookie50
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rookie50 »

SAR_YQQ wrote:Don't let things like noise sensitive areas affect your safety of flight - they are just there for information purposes, if it were regulatory they would be full out CYRs. It's the airport's way of dealing with over zealous NIMBY's - "yes Sir, we have enacted a special zone around your area". If it's dog shit weather and you are shooting the approach - the last I will be doing is looking in the CFS for noise sensitive areas - I will fly the approach the way it is depicted on the chart.
Exactly....like ummm-- I don't care.

On another point -- why exactly is the ILS 26 restricted? So the only approach from the west -- sends me low over lake Ontario in a single engine piston potentially. How is that approach even legal for a SE piston....regarding gliding distances....

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

It's up to you to decide if it's legal; if it isn't legal, don't fly it. The approaches aren't designed with you personally in mind; if you want to fly the approach, get a twin. Or some life preservers.

BTW do you mean "the only approach from the East"?

Rookie50
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rookie50 »

photofly wrote:It's up to you to decide if it's legal; if it isn't legal, don't fly it. The approaches aren't designed with you personally in mind; if you want to fly the approach, get a twin. Or some life preservers.

BTW do you mean "the only approach from the East"?

Deleted.

Valhalla
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Valhalla »

Rookie50 wrote:On another point -- why exactly is the ILS 26 restricted?
The glideslope is 4.8 degrees which requires specific steep approach sim training to get the ops spec.

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

The ILS 26 is on the same freq as the ILS 08, so you could always just tune it in and make up the approach as you go.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

It's not a very difficult approach to fly in a Cessna. I believe Cameron Air have the OPS SPEC for their 206 and Caravan operation.
photo1.jpg
photo1.jpg (107.19 KiB) Viewed 904 times

justwork
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by justwork »

NotDirty! wrote:The ILS 26 is on the same freq as the ILS 08, so you could always just tune it in and make up the approach as you go.
I'm curious. When you "make up" an approach what do you ask for or say to the controller?

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

justwork wrote:
NotDirty! wrote:The ILS 26 is on the same freq as the ILS 08, so you could always just tune it in and make up the approach as you go.
I'm curious. When you "make up" an approach what do you ask for or say to the controller?
Squawk 7600 and do whatever you want! Or turn your transponder to stby and see if anybody notices you.

Return to “General Comments”