In Person Interview Results Taking a Long Time

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: In Person Interview Results Taking a Long Time

Post by rspencer38 »

Of course as I rant about the process...

I just received the call for the first interview!!!!
---------- ADS -----------

shoots
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by shoots »

Anyone on here do the in person testing in Mississauga on March 27? Just an update I got my green light for that testing on April 14, did my phone interview on April 24, got my green light from that phone interview May 5 and now getting my docs ready to send to Ottawa and will wait for the in-person call.

Like everyone else it's really hard to know where we are in the process but I've gathered a lot of good information from this board, so I will continue to be patient and work through the process. Hopeful that the in person is sooner then later, however I don't know where I fall in the standings so not hoping for quick results.

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

Glad to hear some people are finally beginning to move again through the process. It gives hope to the rest of us!

rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rspencer38 »

So I spoke with the interviewer today about booking the time to do the actual interview. I was amazed that he wanted to do it in like 2 hours????? I was unable to do it today so its booked for Thursday.

Gives me a chance to prepare my self.

FlyHigh-
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FlyHigh- »

rspencer38 wrote:So I spoke with the interviewer today about booking the time to do the actual interview. I was amazed that he wanted to do it in like 2 hours????? I was unable to do it today so its booked for Thursday.

Gives me a chance to prepare my self.
Congrats rspencer38!! Good luck on your phone interview!

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

I got the green light for my in-person interview today! I've been placed in the YYZ IFR stream, which I'm not thrilled about since I would prefer VFR, but I'm glad I'm finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rspencer38 »

Congrats on getting the green light!

Bonovox
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bonovox »

DHC-1 Jockey wrote:I got the green light for my in-person interview today! I've been placed in the YYZ IFR stream, which I'm not thrilled about since I would prefer VFR, but I'm glad I'm finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Congratulations! I wouldn't worry too much about that. I was also placed in the YVR IFR stream, but was then placed on a VFR course.

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

Thanks everybody! I'll give the recruitment coordinators a call and make sure that they have VFR down as my preference. Now the big question is if I'm offered an IFR course, do I take it or hold out for a VFR one that may never come.. tough decisions ahead!

nfpeanut
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nfpeanut »

Awesome!! Congrats to you DHC-1 Jockey. That's fantastic news for sure. Best of luck to you going forward. Hopefully that also means there is an easing in the back log and more of us will know soon as well.

rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rspencer38 »

Got the green light on my phone interview this morning! Things moving much quicker then the first portion of my application.

Legacy14
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Legacy14 »

Last edited by Legacy14 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlyHigh-
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FlyHigh- »

rspencer - very exciting!! Glad things are moving along for you :)

nfpeanut - haven't heard anything from you in a while! Did you get a response on your in person interview yet??

nfpeanut
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nfpeanut »

FlyHigh- Sadly I did not make it through the final interview. I have some ideas where I went wrong. I had a really good interview, it felt good, and I did have some pretty good feedback while in the actual interview. But...thinking back now a few of my answers I'm sure were red flags, I would say they were mostly in regards to the relocation aspect of the job. It's very disappointing indeed but I can reapply at the start of October again. Knowing what I know now, I do realize some things that I just need to accept about the job if I REALLY want the opportunity. And I need to go in (if I get the opportunity again) with a different attitude about those things. I do worry however how many people ever get a second shot at an interview and actually make it through. I have to keep positive and think that I scored well enough all along to get there, I can probably do it again. Whether or not recruitment will . my application aside because they rejected me once is another story. I will take that chance though.

FlyHigh-
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FlyHigh- »

nfpeanut wrote:FlyHigh- Sadly I did not make it through the final interview. I have some ideas where I went wrong. I had a really good interview, it felt good, and I did have some pretty good feedback while in the actual interview. But...thinking back now a few of my answers I'm sure were red flags, I would say they were mostly in regards to the relocation aspect of the job. It's very disappointing indeed but I can reapply at the start of October again. Knowing what I know now, I do realize some things that I just need to accept about the job if I REALLY want the opportunity. And I need to go in (if I get the opportunity again) with a different attitude about those things. I do worry however how many people ever get a second shot at an interview and actually make it through. I have to keep positive and think that I scored well enough all along to get there, I can probably do it again. Whether or not recruitment will . my application aside because they rejected me once is another story. I will take that chance though.
Aww, I'm sorry that's too bad :( That is true though, relocation is part of the job so you definitely have to consider whether or not you are able to do that at this point in your life. I don't think that they would just toss your application aside because you applied previously, because I do think they understand that people's circumstances can change otherwise I don't think they would let people reapply at all. I wish you all the best whatever it is you decide to do!!

nfpeanut
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nfpeanut »

Yes, I think it especially difficult in the Edmonton FIR, where you may be required to move out of province, not just somewhere else in the province. And really...there is probably a 95% chance if you get VFR in Edmonton region you are going to be posted either in Whitehorse or Yellowknife, or Fort Mac if you are lucky it seems.

Legacy14
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Legacy14 »

Last edited by Legacy14 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
nfpeanut
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nfpeanut »

I was called...Once the recruiter contacted me via phone and scheduled the appointment, only then was there an update on the dashboard on the website. The light turned yellow and there was an email that was generated and sent out with the interview details such as date, time and location.

Legacy14
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Legacy14 »

Last edited by Legacy14 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
rspencer38
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rspencer38 »

Legacy, what FIR are you in? I also did my Telephone interview about 4 weeks ago and got the green light a few days later! Still waiting as well....

Return to “ATS Question Forum”