Encore GS's

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

music.is.the.answer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Encore GS's

Post by music.is.the.answer »

Does anyone have any info on planned GS's coming up and how many are in a GS with Encore? And has anyone gotten a call for an interview recently?
---------- ADS -----------

bythenumbers
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Encore GS's

Post by bythenumbers »

They are taking June off. Next gs is in July and heard they are running two that month. Usually 10 per class.

With a Q arriving almost monthly I think they will be running a gs almost monthly.

Don't know about interviews currently.

DaveP
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by DaveP »

Hi,
For WestJet we are running courses in: Aug (11th) Sept (1st and 29th) and Oct (20) The more Encore guys for me - the better.
For Encore: July (14th) a class of 20 with about 6 direct entry capt. And basically a class a month of more moderate sizes after that...Interviews are ongoing and I'm planning 3 days a week of interviews for July. Calls go out weekly and we are thinking of trying to do interviews in Toronto now too. For now they are all in YYC.

Sorry, I tried to pull up the actual class dates and proposed sizes for Encore on my iPhone but can't access it here in the bush.

Please keep in mind Marketing plays such a large role in recruiting. We could take two airplanes and not hire a single pilot. On the other hand we could stay status quo with no uplift in tails and hire 30. This is all based on aircraft utilization (what the fleet flies on average per day) and what marketing sees by way of forward bookings.

Cheers
Dave

double-j
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by double-j »

More importantly is, are you coming fishing with us in September Dave??

sorry for the misdirect

jj

ptc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ptc »

Just wondering how many of the people in the upcoming ground schools will be YYZ based?

bythenumbers
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bythenumbers »

ptc wrote:Just wondering how many of the people in the upcoming ground schools will be YYZ based?
Believe it's yyc for everyone as yyz has been filled for now. Unsure when the next bid is.

ptc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ptc »

Thanks for the info.

betster
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by betster »

How often do people fail ground school?

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

Atlas
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Atlas »

Any word on what the current experience levels are of the recruits in the latest G/S classes? I've been pooled since January and coming up on 3500 TT with decent Multi-Turbine PIC. Still waiting for the call...

triplese7en
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by triplese7en »

Atlas... how did you do on the interview? How many hours TT did you have on your application?

Atlas
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Atlas »

I felt pretty good after the interview, but it's always so difficult to tell. When I applied I was sitting at around 2900 TT, but that was last October when I submitted the application.

racer-pilot-rob
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by racer-pilot-rob »

I have over 7000hrs, with more turbine than anything, but not even a call back. I tried calling them and they had a hard time finding my application. So I am starting to think I got electronically blocked argh. Hope not, waited a long time to get a call back, that's for sure.

Return to “WestJet”