Rouge bidding, days off and such

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Rouge bidding, days off and such

Post by KAG »

Hello all
Just wondering if you rouge folks could pass along what type of bidding program you use, how you bid and the days off you normally get.
Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
ratherbee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Rouge bidding, days off and such

Post by ratherbee »

Too bad nobody responded. It's a pretty good gig I understand so most guys over there don't want to talk about it too much about it in case ACPA screws it up on them. Case in point we are voting on a change that if passed will let the company avoid buying a trip trade program like WJ uses. Just voted no.

Dockjock
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Dockjock »

Each pilot gets 50 points per month. Unused/retained points carry over for up to 3 months, so the maximum points is 150 and the minimum is 50.

ie.
2pts avoid work August 13
9 points award pairing T9022/09
4 points avoid work Aug 25

If you are awarded the bid your points are spent, if not they are retained.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

There is no excuse for any mid sized airline to not be subscribed to FLICA. And if a company truly understood the program and had an open flying pick up policy then they would appreciate that it will not cost them $$$ but instead will dramatically increase crew efficiency and productivity (and crew satisfaction).

DH772
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DH772 »

Too bad nobody responded. It's a pretty good gig I understand so most guys over there don't want to talk about it too much about it in case ACPA screws it up on them. Case in point we are voting on a change that if passed will let the company avoid buying a trip trade program like WJ uses. Just voted no.
Where about did it state that? About the trip trade program?

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

ratherbee wrote:Too bad nobody responded. It's a pretty good gig I understand so most guys over there don't want to talk about it too much about it in case ACPA screws it up on them.
LOL. Yah, it's soooo top secret.

If it's a good gig, have you bid it yet? Didn't think so.

Return to “Air Canada”