yup better cut pensions and salary a little more...

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

proper
Rank 4
Rank 4

yup better cut pensions and salary a little more...

Post by proper »

---------- ADS -----------

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Re: yup better cut pensions and salary a little more...

Post by Old fella »

well......... I suppose one can say the general public(like me) likes what your airline has to offer in regards to service, quality etc which contributes somewhat to this bottom line. I am heading out west shortly, going on AC and I anticipate everything will be their usual A+ - at least that has been my personal experience.

:)

Charles the Equestrian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Charles the Equestrian »

Old fella wrote:well......... I suppose one can say the general public(like me) likes what your airline has to offer in regards to service, quality etc which contributes somewhat to this bottom line. I am heading out west shortly, going on AC and I anticipate everything will be their usual A+ - at least that has been my personal experience.

Rouge for you.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

Charles the Equestrian wrote:
Old fella wrote:well......... I suppose one can say the general public(like me) likes what your airline has to offer in regards to service, quality etc which contributes somewhat to this bottom line. I am heading out west shortly, going on AC and I anticipate everything will be their usual A+ - at least that has been my personal experience.

Rouge for you.
Never had the pleasure yet(Rouge) but willing to give it a try, situation permitting so won't comment until I take a flight with them. I know people who have and didn't hear any negative commentary other than FA attire is tacky. Their comment, not mine

:partyman: :drinkers:

Charles the Equestrian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Charles the Equestrian »

Doesn't the prospect of paying for a particular product and getting an inferior one without choice cause you some degree of trepidation? If you heard your favourite steak restaurant all of the sudden started bringing people a hotdog when they ordered a prime cut steak, would you say "oh, well, I'll have to wait and try the hotdog before I cast judgement"?

My travel dollars have made a stand against this. I worked hard to finally squeeze some bucks out of this dumb industry and said industry is going to have to work hard to get those fantastic plastic bills back from me.

I want you to get mad. I want you to say "I'm a human being, goddammit, my life has value, Rouge can kiss my ass"
"I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore"

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

[quote="Charles the Equestrian"]Doesn't the prospect of paying for a particular product and getting an inferior one without choice cause you some degree of trepidation? If you heard your favourite steak restaurant all of the sudden started bringing people a hotdog when they ordered a prime cut steak, would you say "oh, well, I'll have to wait and try the hotdog before I cast judgement"?

My travel dollars have made a stand against this. I worked hard to finally squeeze some bucks out of this dumb industry and said industry is going to have to work hard to get those fantastic plastic bills back from me.

I want you to get mad. I want you to say "I'm a human being, goddammit, my life has value, Rouge can kiss my ass"

Again...... and it's worth REPEATING. I have not flown with AC Rouge so I will not judge their in flight service until I see for myself what their offerings are. If it is as you say - I will tell Rouge(on this forum) to kiss my wrinkled arse

the cool one
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by the cool one »

[quote="Charles the Equestrian"]Doesn't the prospect of paying for a particular product and getting an inferior one without choice cause you some degree of trepidation? If you heard your favourite steak restaurant all of the sudden started bringing people a hotdog when they ordered a prime cut steak, would you say "oh, well, I'll have to wait and try the hotdog before I cast judgement"?

Dear friend;

Not sure what is bothering you but from your comments it seem that Rouge should be your last worries.

I traveled on Rouge twice. They are low cost carrier so keep this in mind. I did.

Personally when I travel I am not "pretending" service. I do expect on time performance and a certain amount or level of courtesy from all staff associated with my trip.

Safety is a given and the highest priority in my book. Since its flown by (as I understand) Air Canada pilots I am not too worried. And yes in a pinch I can open a door somehow........to get out after an emergency landing.

IMO Rouge staff on both flights were surprisingly efficient and courteous.

I am a happy Rouge traveler. No complaint here.

The cool one

The secrets to success is costancy to purpose.

Benjamin Franklin
Genetk44
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Genetk44 »

I've flown 4 flights on Rouge A-319 in Rouge Premium which is the Rouge psuedo-business class. Was it terrible? No...but considering that the cost to me was the exact same as I paid for full-business class on mainline AC for the same routes it was a huge step down in value for $$s paid. The FAs were friendly,courteous and pretty efficient, food was exactly the same as mainline.

The big drop in quality is in seat-comfort and leg-room. The new slimline seats really suck big-time compared to the mainline J-class seats....thinner padding and shorter seat length make it very uncomfortable very quickly...you are continually shifting positions to ease the sore-butt syndrome. The seat-back geometry/design is weird also...no lumbar or shoulder support.....and the seats are narrower also, so a bit tight. I'm 6ft3....the legroom is just manageable for a 3 hour or less flight but no way would I want to do 4 or 5 hours with that kind of tight fit. The other issue is overhead storage....they removed the forward closet....so the first-aid kits,flashlights and other assorted equipment and FAs luggage that used to be in that closet now fills the first 2 overhead bins either side of the cabin...so now way less storage for paying passengers.

Put it simply....I might fly Rouge Premium again if I could do it as a direct non-stop flight of 3 hours or less.....but to have to transit through Toronto for the dubious pleasure of flying on Rouge, at no cost savings to me? not going to happen any more....the value isn't there for me any more.

mikeecho
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mikeecho »

Charles the Equestrian wrote:Doesn't the prospect of paying for a particular product and getting an inferior one without choice cause you some degree of trepidation? If you heard your favourite steak restaurant all of the sudden started bringing people a hotdog when they ordered a prime cut steak, would you say "oh, well, I'll have to wait and try the hotdog before I cast judgement"?
I could see the point if they replaced an AC operated flight (steak) with a Greyhound operated bus (hot dog). They're both foods, but not the same kind of food.

In this case, he went to the steak house (airline) and they're giving him a steak (air travel) that they are preparing a little differently (Rouge) so it would be fair for the consumer to wait until they experience the steak before passing a judgement.

On today's menu, they've run out of NY Strip, and are offering a Rib Eye. I'm guessing 60-70% of people wouldn't even notice the difference. It's still a pretty good steak.

sstaurus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by sstaurus »

snowcone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by snowcone »

Charles the Equestrian wrote:Doesn't the prospect of paying for a particular product and getting an inferior one without choice cause you some degree of trepidation? If you heard your favourite steak restaurant all of the sudden started bringing people a hotdog when they ordered a prime cut steak, would you say "oh, well, I'll have to wait and try the hotdog before I cast judgement"?

You can fly from yyz to vegas, return, air and hotel, 4 nights for 500.00 and less. what more do you want.

Return to “Air Canada”