Any hiring news??

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

tdp19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Any hiring news??

Post by tdp19 »

No Bid out. I Doubt there will be one.
---------- ADS -----------

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

Just received the memo.. no bid for September. Unsure how this will affect those waiting for groundschools.

razorblade
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by razorblade »

Due to some expected pilot attrition, we have identified a need for New Hires going into 2015. We expect at least one ground school early in the New Year. The CRC and the Company continue to monitor our crewing requirements.
Sometime early next year now, I would think!

metalpedal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by metalpedal »

Thanks a lot for the help and info everyone! Looks like we'll just have to wait a few more months...could be worse.

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

hang in there, it's not the first time they postponed a hiring or kept guys in the pool for few more months!

on the side note, anyone know at what average block hours is Jazz running nowadays??

tdp19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tdp19 »

Average monthly blocking avg from last few months and next month is 82.5, there are maybe 3 positions that show 80, or 81 hours but 85% are blocked at 82.5 hours.

All DAY EVERY DAY
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by All DAY EVERY DAY »

Hello all. Just wondering if anybody can tell me if Jazz would consider a 1200 Hr Dash rated pilot with over 700 hrs on type.

Thanks!

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I would definately apply.

Let’s Go Brandon
Mône
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mône »

I recently talked with the eastern chief pilot, he was saying that lately the requirements were written ATPL, and 250 multi engine. Period. So I would definitly give it a shot!

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by BingBong »

I was hired with 2000 and 1000 dash. The deal breaker was having the ATP at least written...but that
Was 5 years ago...I'm sure with 700 on type and exam written you'd be a shoe in

metalpedal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by metalpedal »

I've got a bit of a dilemma...My contract with my current company is ending soon and I will be going back home. I'm in limbo about finding another job or waiting for Jazz to call. I just don't want to go through all the training with a new company and leave when Jazz calls but on the other hand, I don't want to wait 6 months without a job and get rusty. Anyone who's been in this situation before care to share some advice?

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

metalpedal wrote:I've got a bit of a dilemma...My contract with my current company is ending soon and I will be going back home. I'm in limbo about finding another job or waiting for Jazz to call. I just don't want to go through all the training with a new company and leave when Jazz calls but on the other hand, I don't want to wait 6 months without a job and get rusty. Anyone who's been in this situation before care to share some advice?
What if they never call? Waiting is always a gamble, just because you have certain experience doesn't mean they will call. Tough spot

metalpedal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by metalpedal »

My dilemma is not if they're going to call or not, it's a question of when and if I can wait that long. I've already been through the screening process and got placed in the hiring pool. I got an e-mail from them saying that they will contact me as soon as hiring restarts. My problem is that I will be unemployed as of the end of the month. I'm wondering if I embark on a new journey with another company and turn Jazz down or just wait it out? If hiring resumes in January, it wouldn't be so bad...but since we can't tell, it's hard to come up with a decision.

tdp19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tdp19 »

As CDN said, Just because you are in the pool doesn't mean you will get a call. When I was hired at Jazz, I had a few buddies in the pool that interviewed months before me. I was hired before them, and one of them never got a call. It's a tough situation but from what I have learned in this industry, take the sure thing! If something comes up before Jazz calls (if ever), you should take it, there are no guarantee's in aviation.

Krimson
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Krimson »

A buddy of mine was waiting over a year in the pool. He was pretty much in your position and almost turned down a couple other jobs while waiting. It would have been a big mistake for him to wait for jazz to call. If I was in your shoes I'd take the sure job as well.

metalpedal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by metalpedal »

Thx for the replies guys. It's a weird situation to be in but I appreciate the advice. I guess I misunderstood what the hiring pool meant. I never would of thought that you'd be placed in a pool and never get called! I just find it hard when you finally get in to a company that you really want to work for and heard great things about only to start looking for something else. But then again, smooth seas never made a skillful sailor. I'll start looking for something when I get back home..Let the search begin...again!

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Like someone said above, the only guarantee in aviation is that there are no guarantees. Best piece of advice I ever got was 2 part:
1. don't believe anything to be true until it's over or completed.
2. You only set yourself up for disappointment if you believe any rumour, promise or 'deal' will come true until it actually happens.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

cdnpilot77 wrote:Like someone said above, the only guarantee in aviation is that there are no guarantees. Best piece of advice I ever got was 2 part:
1. don't believe anything to be true until it's over or completed.
2. You only set yourself up for disappointment if you believe any rumour, promise or 'deal' will come true until it actually happens.

Permit me to add to the above:

3. If you had a buck for every rumour, promise, deal, situation etc., there will be a point that you can walk away, in that you will be a wealthy guy/gal.

:partyman:

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

Mig29 wrote:hang in there, it's not the first time they postponed a hiring or kept guys in the pool for few more months!

on the side note, anyone know at what average block hours is Jazz running nowadays??
82.5 in YYZ

https://eresonatemedia.com/
https://bambaits.ca/
https://youtube.com/channel/UCWit8N8YCJSvSaiSw5EWWeQ
Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

teacher wrote:
Mig29 wrote:hang in there, it's not the first time they postponed a hiring or kept guys in the pool for few more months!

82.5 in YYZ
I think Mig meant total block hours for Air Canada. 385k? 390k?

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”