Free CJ3 or Citation 560 type-rating

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

crew4jets
Rank 0
Rank 0

Free CJ3 or Citation 560 type-rating

Post by crew4jets »

Type rating scholarships available through Women in Corporate Aviation

Only 2 weeks left to apply!

CAE SimuFlite CJ3 Type Rating Scholarship - Value: $22,000

FlightSafety International Citation 560 XL or Citation 560 XLS Type Rating Scholarship - Value: $27,600

The deadline to apply for the 2014 Women in Corporate Aviation scholarships is fast approaching. With over $100,000 in scholarships,

YOUR APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED BY AUGUST 1ST, 2014.

Full details on the scholarships and application forms can be found at www.wca-intl.org/scholarships. Scholarships are open to men and women in corporate aviation. Here are the scholarships being offered:

Corporate Flight Attendant Training by Susan C. Friedenberg - Value: $4,200

Aircare FACTS Training - Value: $4,675

Beyond and Above Corporate Flight Attendant Initial Training - Value: $3,500 (5 Awards Total)

The Corporate School of Etiquette - Value: $1,900

General Aviation Online Food Safety Training Course - Value: $550

MedAire 2-day Management of In-flight & Illness Course Scholarship - Value: $1,040

CAE SimuFlite CJ3 Type Rating Scholarship - Value: $22,000

CAPS Flight Crew Training - Value: $475 (3 Awards Total)

FlightSafety International Citation 560 XL or Citation 560 XLS Type Rating Scholarship - Value: $27,600

Gulfstream Aerospace Corporate Maintenance Technology Scholarship - Value: $5,000 (2 Awards Total)

Universal Weather & Aviation FAA-certified Dispatcher Training Scholarship - Value: $3,000 (3 Awards Total)

WCA Career Scholarship - Value: $3,000 (2 Awards Total)

WCA Leadership Scholarship - Value: Up to $3,000

Full details on the scholarships and application forms can be found at www.wca-intl.org/scholarships. Scholarships are open to men and women in corporate aviation.
---------- ADS -----------

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Free CJ3 or Citation 560 type-rating

Post by leftoftrack »

Is this for real?

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

leftoftrack wrote:Is this for real?
Scholarships are available from various groups in all disciplines in all industries in the world. It's nothing new. It shouldn't be a shock.

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

wallypilot wrote:
leftoftrack wrote:Is this for real?
Scholarships are available from various groups in all disciplines in all industries in the world. It's nothing new. It shouldn't be a shock.
I don't understand the end goal. What's achieved by offering this?

cbty
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cbty »

Is it real or it is just a funny joke ?

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

"Money for nothin' and chicks for free
Now that ain't workin' that's the way you do it
Lemme tell ya them guys ain't dumb....."

looproll
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by looproll »

leave it to pilots to crap on aviation scholarships hahaha WE EAT OUR YOUNG!!!!!!

If you don't see the value of scholarships, I'm guessing you didn't get any when you were young.

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

Nope I worked for what I got. Is there any attachment to any company that will hire you or do you just go screw around in the sim for hours on end. Who does your test, I've never hear of getting typed without being PPC'd and if your not attached to a company you can't get a PPC. Does that mean you can't get a type rating?e

vrrotate
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vrrotate »

leftoftrack wrote:Nope I worked for what I got. Is there any attachment to any company that will hire you or do you just go screw around in the sim for hours on end. Who does your test, I've never hear of getting typed without being PPC'd and if your not attached to a company you can't get a PPC. Does that mean you can't get a type rating?e
Type ratings are not PPCs and PPCs are not type ratings.
Two different distinct things.

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

Never got a type rating without getting a ppc, do you still require a DFE to do the type rating? If You don't have a PPC can you fly for 604 still. If you want to work for a charter company do they have to give you an initial ppc?

vrrotate
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vrrotate »

A type rating is required for certain aircraft based upon the type certificate of the aircraft. A type rating is obtained after completing a training course and a qualifying flight at an approved training organization. General Flight Safety, Simcomm etc. A PPC ride counts as a qualifying flight. So this is why for a pilot flying for a living they seem to be the same thing. But really they aren't. They are just typically done in conjunction one with the other. Hence the confusion.

Transport Canada at some point well before I started flying decided that just a type rating wasn't good enough and began requiring PPCs (or PCCs depending on the operation) to be completed in order to fly an aircraft in a commercial operation.

Any type rating you get is listed on your licence and will always remain listed. A PPC is generally speaking company specific and is listed on a company PPC card.

So an easy way to think of it is the type rating is the training part and the PPC is the company specific ride/flight test.

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

So unless who ever hires you is 604 you have to go back to sim anyway to get the PPC and do 604 operators need PPC's yet or is it still just trained to standard?

vrrotate
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vrrotate »

The type rating is the hard part. Or at least it's the expensive part. A PPC ride is just a fight test. Could be done in the airplane so you wouldn't have to go back to the sim for it. Remember that often you hear of people with less than half a brain going to a sim company and paying out of their own pocket for a type rating then they apply to any operator with said type of plane. Then if they are hired by someone they do a PPC ride with the operator. I certainly don't condone it but merely I am saying it happens.

As for the 604 questions I can't really answer. All of the 604 regulations are in the process of being changed since TC has taken them back from the NBAA. I'm not really in the know of what the proposed regs are so can't help you sorry. But if a PPC will be required then again if you have the type rating already then it's only a ride.

The whole point of this thread was to inform people of scholarships being available to qualified applicants. A noble offer that will hopefully go to deserving candidates. It's unfortunate that some people including you leftoftrack don't seem to think others should get some free training. The women in aviation organization gives out numerous scholarships to deserving female applicants as does this WCA organization to both males and females it seems. Good on them I think. My sister won numerous scholarships and bursaries while she went to UofG because she is very smart, worked hard and simply put the time and effort in to applying for them. Should I turn my nose up at her because using your logic she didn't work for her degree?

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

vrrotate wrote: The whole point of this thread was to inform people of scholarships being available to qualified applicants. A noble offer that will hopefully go to deserving candidates. It's unfortunate that some people including you leftoftrack don't seem to think others should get some free training. The women in aviation organization gives out numerous scholarships to deserving female applicants as does this WCA organization to both males and females it seems. Good on them I think. My sister won numerous scholarships and bursaries while she went to UofG because she is very smart, worked hard and simply put the time and effort in to applying for them. Should I turn my nose up at her because using your logic she didn't work for her degree?
I couldn't get past the front page of the website cause I'm not a fee paying member of the Women in Corporate Aviation, but are you comparing things like the Rutherford scholarshiphttps://alis.alberta.ca/et/fo/pay/schol ... html?EK=11 in Alberta to the requirements on your web site of 250 words and being female?

Return to “Corporate”