11.6 ATAC MOA regarding AIF

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

stickontheice
Rank 4
Rank 4

11.6 ATAC MOA regarding AIF

Post by stickontheice »

Has anyone at Air Canada seen the ATAC MOA regarding the agreed regulations on applying avaition fees that an airport cna charge and how signatory airlines will collect and retain a commission for the fees?

It's the ATAC MOA and clause 11.6 states that no AIF would collected from ID coded tickets. Meaning anyone on ID90 or ID50 tickets should not have to pay the AIF. Probably millions of dollars have been collected incorrectly from airline employees since 2004.

Wondering if anyone from AC has seen this document or has investigated the way AIFs have been charged to airline employees?
---------- ADS -----------

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: 11.6 ATAC MOA regarding AIF

Post by Fanblade »

Not that I have heard. Where would we find it?

stickontheice
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by stickontheice »

CD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by CD »

The document, if it still is in effect, would not apply to Air Canada as the document specifically refers to "AND WHEREAS member air carriers of ATAC..." Air Canada is not a member of ATAC as it, Air Transat, Jazz, and WestJet are members of NACC. So you would have to see if NACC has such an agreement.

stickontheice
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by stickontheice »

The agreement is still in force between the airlines and airports. I have verified that this is the latest document. Yyz is looking to start charging airline employees as of January next year.

CD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by CD »

Well, the document indicates that it was last amended in January 2004 and the "Signatory Air Carriers" listed in the document include quite a number that no longer exist (e.g. Skyservice, Jetsgo, Zip, Zoom, etc.). So I would again suggest that you might want to contact either NACC or ATAC to determine if such an agreement is still in effect:

ATAC: Contact Us
NACC: Contact Us

Even if this specific 2004 document is in effect, the air carriers that have been represented by NACC since 2008 could be excluded as they ceased to be members of ATAC at that time and would no longer be covered by the 2004 agreement.

In any case, thanks for bringing this up as I hadn't been aware of such an agreement in the past either.

Return to “Air Canada”