Courtesy Air Dispatcher

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Illya Kuryakin
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Courtesy Air Dispatcher

Post by Illya Kuryakin »

Courtesy Air
FLIGHT DISPATCHER (FULL TIME)

LOCATION : Buffalo Narrows, Saskatchewan and Lloydminster Alberta

MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES : Flight following, Prepare daily schedules and associated paperwork, weather monitoring and communicate with flight crew and all related duties

REQUIREMENTS : a current Canadian Commercial license, with a valid Class I Multi-Engine instrument rating
500 TT
250 PIC
Multi-engine time, time on king air/1900 and two-crew experience an asset.

ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR
LETTER TO: Curtis Hardes Operations Manager BY FAX: (780)-875-5277 OR
BY E-MAIL AT: Opsmgrcourtesy.air@sasktel.net

Are you people for real? Are you hiring a dispatcher? Or hanging a carrot out for some poor desperate pilot?
Illya
---------- ADS -----------

Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then.
Duffman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Courtesy Air Dispatcher

Post by Duffman »

There are lots of opportunities for entry level ish FO jobs right now so if the poor desperate pilot is stupid enough to accept this job I think he only has himself to blame.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

They are helping new pilots work their way to getting a King Air PPC so they can jump ship and go to Albatross.... :wink:

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
Illya Kuryakin
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Illya Kuryakin »

iflyforpie wrote:They are helping new pilots work their way to getting a King Air PPC so they can jump ship and go to Albatross.... :wink:
:smt040 :smt040 :smt040 :smt040 :partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :supz: :supz: :supz:

Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then.
dahspeers
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by dahspeers »

You mean it isn't a joke?

Changes in Latitudes
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Changes in Latitudes »

Shocking, I can't believe someone out there would try to take advantage of low-time pilot.

I'd suggest a slight wage loss and a bond for the aircraft, once the probationary position of dispatcher is complete.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

I hear they want a $5K bond for the dispatcher training...

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
A346Dude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by A346Dude »

Either way, I'm sure they're not hiring a dispatcher as they are not a 705 operator.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Does Courtesy run the king air or 1900 under CAR 604?

If they do, than this would make sense. The required training for a flight follower is crazy, almost every item that a flight dispatch has to know is covered under a flight follower,
specifically aircraft items.

If they do not run 604, than they must have met tommy chong cause they smokin some crazy shit!!!

andy.air
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by andy.air »

704 you mean? yeah, they run 703 and 704.

To give them a benefit a doubt though, Courtesy used to be a place where you can literally get on with 250 hours, minimum wait time on the ground (2 weeks to 6 months), and being able to fly max hours at the end of the year, and possibly make captain 1 - 1.5 years later. Low-timer heaven.

That said, this was a while ago, and it is likely things have changed.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Illya Kuryakin wrote:FLIGHT DISPATCHER (FULL TIME)

REQUIREMENTS : a current Canadian Commercial license, with a valid Class I Multi-Engine instrument rating
500 TT
250 PIC
Multi-engine time, time on king air/1900 and two-crew experience an asset.
Are there really people with King Air/1900 time who would prefer a desk to another airplane? This sounds like it's just preying on the lazy.

esp803

Post by esp803 »

lownslow wrote:Are there really people with King Air/1900 time who would prefer a desk to another airplane?
Yup, right here.

Provided it payed better, gave me more time off, worked less, had less paper work, better benefits, and I was my own boss.

I doubt that is the case for any of list...

E

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

With alot of movement slowing down right now I would expect the wait on the ground to be longer. Like previously said by other members on this site, things in that company are not set in stone so there is no specific regular wait times. It can be from as little as 3 months to up to two years. Conditions up there are harsh. It literally feels like landing on another planet: for some Star Wars fans, think of the planet of Hoth. Its cold and extremely extremely remote. I've lived in remote locations, but this one in particular feels different than all others. There is absolutely nothing to do. And modern infrastructure is extremely scarce. The company provides accommodations but there is a catch. I do not know if it has changed since last year but most pilots will bunk-bed with someone else, while the most seniors have either their own small apartment or room to themselves.
At the time, there was alot of flying and upgrades in either the cockpit or on type were fairly fast. But last I heard, they had lost a few contracts at the end of last Spring this year, so I do not know what the work environment would be to this day. If you are in the late teens/early twenties go right ahead and enjoy the somewhat adventurous conditions. But as the year progress and priorities change, individuals will have to think more than twice. Pay isn't that great either. Like many have said, its a time builder place IF you can manage those years on the ground, as many have left due to conditions. I hope never to return in that hell-hole.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Sky_Conqueror wrote:With alot of movement slowing down right now I would expect the wait on the ground to be longer. Like previously said by other members on this site, things in that company are not set in stone so there is no specific regular wait times. It can be from as little as 3 months to up to two years. Conditions up there are harsh. It literally feels like landing on another planet: for some Star Wars fans, think of the planet of Hoth. Its cold and extremely extremely remote. I've lived in remote locations, but this one in particular feels different than all others. There is absolutely nothing to do. And modern infrastructure is extremely scarce. The company provides accommodations but there is a catch. I do not know if it has changed since last year but most pilots will bunk-bed with someone else, while the most seniors have either their own small apartment or room to themselves.
At the time, there was alot of flying and upgrades in either the cockpit or on type were fairly fast. But last I heard, they had lost a few contracts at the end of last Spring this year, so I do not know what the work environment would be to this day. If you are in the late teens/early twenties go right ahead and enjoy the somewhat adventurous conditions. But as the year progress and priorities change, individuals will have to think more than twice. Pay isn't that great either. Like many have said, its a time builder place IF you can manage those years on the ground, as many have left due to conditions. I hope never to return in that hell-hole.
Sry, I thought we were talking about Courtesy Air, not Buffalo Air:)

esp803

Post by esp803 »

Sky_Conqueror wrote:With alot of movement slowing down right now I would expect the wait on the ground to be longer. Like previously said by other members on this site, things in that company are not set in stone so there is no specific regular wait times. It can be from as little as 3 months to up to two years. Conditions up there are harsh. It literally feels like landing on another planet: for some Star Wars fans, think of the planet of Hoth. Its cold and extremely extremely remote. I've lived in remote locations, but this one in particular feels different than all others. There is absolutely nothing to do. And modern infrastructure is extremely scarce. The company provides accommodations but there is a catch. I do not know if it has changed since last year but most pilots will bunk-bed with someone else, while the most seniors have either their own small apartment or room to themselves.
I didn't know they flew airbuses. But I digress. This sounds like a typical city boy rant to me. I suspect our definitions of "extremely extremely remote" are vastly different. Simply the fact that there is a road there makes it infinitely less remote then many other "Hoth" like locations.

E

riaz6668
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by riaz6668 »

Duffman wrote:There are lots of opportunities for entry level ish FO jobs right now so if the poor desperate pilot is stupid enough to accept this job I think he only has himself to blame.

I wish this statement was true! Entry level ish FO Jobs. Not trying to rant on your parade Duffman, but I have been applying EVERYWHERE and by Everywhere I mean, every company I can find...walk in resumes...email resumes...call...follow ups etc...Im sitting at 1600 ATPL, 800 Turbine PIC. No luck! Please tell me where I can find these opportunities for entry level ish FO Jobs...(btw this is very polite and not being sarcastic...)

Kardow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Kardow »

riaz6668 wrote:
Duffman wrote:There are lots of opportunities for entry level ish FO jobs right now so if the poor desperate pilot is stupid enough to accept this job I think he only has himself to blame.

I wish this statement was true! Entry level ish FO Jobs. Not trying to rant on your parade Duffman, but I have been applying EVERYWHERE and by Everywhere I mean, every company I can find...walk in resumes...email resumes...call...follow ups etc...Im sitting at 1600 ATPL, 800 Turbine PIC. No luck! Please tell me where I can find these opportunities for entry level ish FO Jobs...(btw this is very polite and not being sarcastic...)
Totally agree with you. Same thing for me. 1000 total time and 500 Multi-PIC. Everybody is telling that Jazz, Porter, Encore, Westjet is hiring and that there will be a lot of opportunities in 703/704 companies, but actually I'm seeing a few layoffs currently in those companies and almost no hiring since september. I guess we'll have to wait spring for entry level ish FO jobs.

Return to “Employment Forum”