Policy on flying 3 days a month outside of jazz

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

glass1/2full
Rank 1
Rank 1

Policy on flying 3 days a month outside of jazz

Post by glass1/2full »

Just wondering if you guys are aware of the Jazz policy on flying 3 or so days a month, outside of jazz.

Is it something that the C.P has approved in the past or is it set in stone no flying out side of the Jazz scope.

I know It would depend on a lot of factors with how much credit hours you have for the month,and or duty and rest periods but trying to get a sense of the policy in place.

thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Mach7
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Policy on flying 3 days a month outside of jazz

Post by Mach7 »

Apparently you are not a Jazz employee?

If so, outside flying activity is clearly stated in the companies policy and procedures with regards to duty time, approval, and the use of personal passes travelling to and from your flying event.

If you are a Jazz Pilot, this information easily found on the intranet site.

glass1/2full
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by glass1/2full »

I never claimed anywhere in my post that I was a Jazz employee.
which is the reason why I am asking, If I had access to the information I would have been more than happy to look it up myself.
anyhow,

maybe it is some sort of a big secret, non the less I will find out soon enough.

Mach7
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mach7 »

Fair enough,

Basically you are allowed to do "outside activity" flying at Jazz, however you must fill out a form for company approval identifying who the operator is, the duration you will be off property, and what type of mission you will be flying (in most cases our Pilots are involved in "ferry' flight operations)

Said approval is for a specific operation and a specific time period only. There is an amount of text covering what you can and cannot do, for example you are not allowed to use your passes to fly to and from your flying event, doing so may have severe consequences.

You must keep track of your duty times, and flight times, then submit these to Crew track when you are finished your mission, this ensures that you do not exceed CARs or any of the companies monthly flight time limitations.

On a personal note, I have never been denied approval for outside activity flying.

glass1/2full
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by glass1/2full »

Thank you very much for the reply and sharing the information. very much appreciated.

I had the feeling it would be almost forbidden but sounds like as long as you follow the guidelines and obviously get approval then it should be ok.

prop2jet
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by prop2jet »

Most companies have such provisions. There is a legal requirement for the company to keep track of your time, specifically as it pertains to your time free from Duty.

glass1/2full
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by glass1/2full »

Yeah, there are companies out there though that just will not allow it at all.

Jet Driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jet Driver »

Also, you can't work for an operator on the competitor list.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”