Green Airways

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

Duffman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Green Airways

Post by Duffman »

Anyone know whats going on this year? Last year Adventure Air out of Lac Du Bonnet was running their Beaver and 185. Those two planes (EZU and YUY) have the registration canceled. The otters are still registered to Greens though, but last year they were just sitting at Selkirk.

I know Jack is older, but it would be a shame if that place shut down. When I was looking for my first job Jack put me in contact with the guy that hired me. Plus Johnny S runs ops there and he is a terrific guy.
---------- ADS -----------

Antique Pilot
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Green Airways

Post by Antique Pilot »

Duffman wrote:Anyone know whats going on this year? Last year Adventure Air out of Lac Du Bonnet was running their Beaver and 185. Those two planes (EZU and YUY) have the registration canceled. The otters are still registered to Greens though, but last year they were just sitting at Selkirk.

I know Jack is older, but it would be a shame if that place shut down. When I was looking for my first job Jack put me in contact with the guy that hired me. Plus Johnny S runs ops there and he is a terrific guy.

Green Airways early 1970's.

AP

Attachments
IMG_0005.jpg
IMG_0005.jpg (553 KiB) Viewed 2881 times
TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

Great picture AP!!!

Is that a V77 "Gullwing" in the middle?

PM me, you really ought to come by and visit your old "stomping" grounds!

Cheers,
TPC

PS: I ran into Trevor P. About a month ago. He sends his regards!

Antique Pilot
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Antique Pilot »

The Gullwing is CF-BGN, a 1937 Stinson SR-9FM with the P&W Junior. The "FM" part designates "Freighter Marine'. Here is another pic after vandals played with it.

Will PM later. AP

Attachments
IMG_0006.jpg
IMG_0006.jpg (592.44 KiB) Viewed 2774 times
J31
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by J31 »

Stinson SR9 CF-BGN is now in the Canadian Bushplane Heritage Centre in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario http://www.bushplane.com/aircraft/aircraft-reliant/

J31
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by J31 »

An airworthy Stinson Reliant CF-OAW is for sale here http://www.lauriaultaviation.com/listin ... M-220.html if you want to drool over some more pictures!

I have no connection to the broker or seller just happy to see a beautiful aircraft restored.

J31
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by J31 »

An airworthy Stinson Reliant CF-OAW is for sale here http://www.lauriaultaviation.com/listin ... M-220.html if you want to drool over some more pictures!

I have no connection to the broker or seller just happy to see a beautiful aircraft restored.

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”