patagonia floatplane

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

C-FDPB
Rank 3
Rank 3

patagonia floatplane

Post by C-FDPB »

I realize this might be a stretch but would anyone on here happen to know of a float operator in Patagonia?
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/adven ... oto_2.html
---------- ADS -----------

tractor driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: patagonia floatplane

Post by tractor driver »

Howdy,
sorry for the late reply, but if it's of any help,
Chris Spelius in Futuleufu Chile is pretty connected down there and could probably set you up. When we were filming with Discovery a number of years back we worked with him and arranged aircraft other than our own. Very good man to work with. You can Google pretty easily.

Cheers!

g

esp803

Re: patagonia floatplane

Post by esp803 »

There weren't any down there when I was there a couple years ago. It's dated 2003. One of my former bosses was in contact with someone who wanted to set up a float operation down there for the busy season, it ground to a halt when they (the Chilean company) found out the cost of operating. I seem to recall the legal logistics of getting a floatplane into Patagonia now would be nothing short of a nightmare. If you could jump through all the hoops, I think you might be able to do well operating an amphib Caravan out of Puerto Natales and flying it over to Torres Del Pane, the lake at the base would work fine, on calm days. On windy days though, you'd be SOL.

E

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”