702/703 operators for 350 hr.?

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

Aviator6
Rank 0
Rank 0

702/703 operators for 350 hr.?

Post by Aviator6 »

Can anyone suggest operators who are willing to hire 350hr pilot for ground leading to flt crew position? I need some guidance! Willing to relocate!
---------- ADS -----------

esp803

Re: 702/703 operators for 350 hr.?

Post by esp803 »

Free advice, take it for what you paid for it.

1) Don't actively advertise that you are happy with a ground position that leads to a flying one. It may be the case that you end up in such a situation, as many do, but to advertise leaves a sour taste in the mouths of a lot of people in hiring positions. I'm sure a few on them will chime in on this.

2) I suspect it would have taken you less time to either use the forum search function or "the google" to find a list of operators that do this, what they pay, how long the wait it, where they are, if they hire over the phone, what types of aircraft they fly, what sort of progression you can expect. By going out there and saying "Hey, Can you do all the research that I should have been doing before I started my commericial" comes off (at least to me) as lazy. Sure ask questions about various operators, but this shows ZERO effort on your part.

Keep at it, something will come up, do your research, do a road trip, make phone calls, talk to people you know in the industry, network. It's who you know that will get you that first job, not what you know.

E
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”