2015 ice out

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

C-FDPB
Rank 3
Rank 3

2015 ice out

Post by C-FDPB »

Any word from Northern Ontario on ice status?
---------- ADS -----------

Skidoo62
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: 2015 ice out

Post by Skidoo62 »

Lake of the woods ice patrol has up to date coverage of the Kenora area and into Manitoba. Most of the trout lakes are still fully covered but everywhere else seems to be opening up quickly.

awitzke
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by awitzke »

I'm up in Red Lake. Ice is about 20 feet out in most places but in some still to the shore. Lots of smaller lakes around here are clear. The place where Lac seul is in Balmerton is all open. cedar lake on the way up here before ear falls is about 100 feet out. That being said its hot today and is only supposed to get warmer through the week. Most of the places are still all locked up and not a sign of anyone. Going to Have to stick around a bit longer to wait for some of the operators to start getting things ready.

seasonaldriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by seasonaldriver »

I had word from Northern MB that the ice is still thick but looks like it's going to melt quickly with this warm weather

kev994
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by kev994 »

I was around Dryden today, most lakes were clear but a couple of the large lakes still had ice.

awitzke
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by awitzke »

Lac Seul in Ear Falls is going out fast. 20 fee the last day and there are pools starting to form out in the distance. Should go quick.

seasonaldriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by seasonaldriver »

ice must be rotten up north here in MB, I just had word of a plane going through it. Pilot is OK, plane has minimal damage

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”