Situation for Jazz New Hires

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Apollo
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Situation for Jazz New Hires

Post by Apollo »

Equipment wise: Classic Dash and Q400

Base wise: YYZ, YYC, with the occasional YUL
---------- ADS -----------

rdane042
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by rdane042 »

Thanks Apollo :) - very much appreciate it.

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

Is it true that new hires are being told 2 years to upgrade if willing to go left on a q400 at Jazz? Or if not upgraded you'd get ac ?

Sounds a bit odd.

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

Not true. And yes very odd.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

If anything the left seat of the classic(DH8-100/300)would be available long before the -400, because the salary on the classic is capped

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

Thanks guys that's what I thought... This individual has been known for blowing steam before and I just wanted to confirm those sources, cause if true would probably change the prospective of many that are writing of Jazz atm.

So is it true as well that any Jazz new hire will get a shot at AC? Or is that just hearsay? I just posted in another thread mentioning that all that has ever been publicly announced is that 80% of AC ground schools will consist of all the people in the PML. Meaning anyone else has nothing in writing. Not even that AC will go for all CPA carriers after PML is exhausted. Unless you guys have some updated info from the town hall meetings and etc.

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Oxi »

Good indications that current new hires post CPA signing will be able to re populate another list or that there will be another PML.

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

Oxi wrote:Good indications that current new hires post CPA signing will be able to re populate another list or that there will be another PML.
Is this hearsay or confirmed by any sources Oxi? Thanks for the info 8)

Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

Confirmed directly by AC executives. Once the Jazz PML v1.0 is dried up a new PML v2.0 will be created including "all the Express Regionals" to make up the 80% hiring. What we don't know is if that includes tier 3 as well as tier 2 also they eluded that the PML v2.0 will be drawn from based on ratio of company size. Ex: obviously Jazz has more pilots therefore they will be the largest part of the 80% "hiring from Express".

But to answer the question, yes this comes directly from AC. If you are hired at Jazz AFTER the new contract, you will be in PML 2.0, if you're CURRENTLY at Sky Regional you will be part of the PML 2.0 in order of seniority. Don't forget it's just a guarantee of an interview. Nothing more.

infiniteregulus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by infiniteregulus »

So how are these interviews going to be conducted? Are they done chronologically from top seniority and then progressively down to the bottom?

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

"Don't forget it's just a guarantee of an interview. Nothing more."
And therein lies the difference between being hired at an Express carrier, where your future at mainline is not guaranteed, and getting hired at Encore, where you have a seniority number at Westjet mainline and just wait your turn.
There are already several instances of Jazz pilots getting PFOd after their PML interview, some quite surprisingly so, others not so much.

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Oxi »

hithere wrote:"Don't forget it's just a guarantee of an interview. Nothing more."
And therein lies the difference between being hired at an Express carrier, where your future at mainline is not guaranteed, and getting hired at Encore, where you have a seniority number at Westjet mainline and just wait your turn.
There are already several instances of Jazz pilots getting PFOd after their PML interview, some quite surprisingly so, others not so much.
Can you please give "several instances" of these PFO a source? or is this just hearsay you have.

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

hithere wrote:"Don't forget it's just a guarantee of an interview. Nothing more."
Exactly my sentiments about Jazz new-hire situation versus Encore. But if you go to Jazz cause the company interests you and you aren't shooting for an unknown amount of years to find out AC pfo's you or not, then I suppose the route can be good for the right individual. At the moment however, it seems people are willing to sacrifice the less-than-ideal wages for long term stability. And it seems like Jazz can't even offer that. What happens after 2025 if AC pfo's you? No body really knows. Yea yea, you can say no one knows what happens tomorrow, but you know what I mean. In theory a meteor could hit us all tomorrow and we could be experiencing 4d vision in a completely parallel universe. :prayer:

Who knows, maybe PML V2.0 will have a guaranteed flow through. I don't know.

Thanks for all the info peeps!

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Oxi wrote:
Can you please give "several instances" of these PFO a source? or is this just hearsay you have.
I know them and have talked to some of them about it

Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

Same here, there have been PFO's from the PML (say that 3 times fast). There are no guarantees. I wouldn't hold my breath for a guaranteed flow through on v2.0 either. The PML thing is done and decided, just gonna be a more inclusive list next time. Imagine all those PFO'd people comming back and saying "where's my guaranteed flow"? Not gonna happen now.

flyer 1492
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by flyer 1492 »

Union dues will run around 2% of your gross salary. New hires would be looking at $57 per month.

SM16
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SM16 »

It may also surprise you to know that most with 15 plus years of service have no desire to go to the 'other' side, so your question of why is everyone leaving to AC is a mute point.

Not trying to be a dick, but the word is moot.

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

Actually it's a "moo point". Like a "cow's opinion, it doesn't matter".

http://youtu.be/4ifdqEmlx-I

Just saying.

https://eresonatemedia.com/
https://bambaits.ca/
https://youtube.com/channel/UCWit8N8YCJSvSaiSw5EWWeQ
watermeth
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by watermeth »

hithere wrote:There are already several instances of Jazz pilots getting PFOd after their PML interview, some quite surprisingly so, others not so much.
Laughable at best. Do you decide anything in the hiring process ? Who are you to give such an appreciation about candidates ?
:roll:

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

So, just a heads up for those that think you can base everything on min credit..

My first full year at jazz, the T4 showed 43k. I'm by no means an overtime whore, I'd consider myself the 'average' line driver. I don't even sign up for WDO's but I'll take the occasional one if they call me and are desperate. My per diems this year were an additional 13,380.

That 34k, someone did the math on was out to lunch...

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”