air taxi operations

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

vectorairway
Rank 0
Rank 0

air taxi operations

Post by vectorairway »

greetings fellow aviators
im leaving my airline job, and starting my own air taxi operations soon, as im going through TC website to check for requirements, hours etc
i noticed that in order to instructor on a multi engine you need 50 hours multi and 10 hours on type, do i need an instructor rating? or am i good to go with CPL/atpl?
also, if i wanted to give pcc checks, do i need to get an instructor rating? and for training my employees? (on the navajo)

my partner and i are purchasing a navajo, and falcon F50 will be commuting pax, cargo, pets, what ever we can fill the plane with
hows the market looking lately? is there any demand?
i did my research, and things looking good, just wanted to make sure, and if i could get infos and an advice, id really appreciate it, thank you very much for your time and effort.
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: air taxi operations

Post by photofly »

If you're only at the stage of looking at the TC website for requirements, I think to describe yourself as starting an air taxi operation "soon" might be rather optimistic.

Good luck - do let us know how you progress.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

This sounds ominously like the 14yr old kid that keeps getting banned by the mods. I think last time he was trying to decide between going to Porter or Air Canada.

AWOS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AWOS »

:goodman:

Liquid Charlie
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Liquid Charlie »

mmmmm-must be nice to have deep pockets -- i'm guessin' 3 to 4 mil start up costs -- that's a lot of puppies --- :smt040

Black Air has no Lift - Extra Fuel has no Weight

ACTPA :kriz:
Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

Have you purchased the Falcon yet? I have one for sale. I only drive it on weekends and it just had an oil change. Fly down in your Navajo to have a look if you're interested.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

:lol:

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
jpilot77
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jpilot77 »

In what capacity where you working for the airlines, throwing peanuts (wait they don't do that anymore) sorry pretzels to the paying pax?!

Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
flyinthebug
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flyinthebug »

vectorairway wrote: my partner and i are purchasing a navajo, and falcon F50 will be commuting pax, cargo, pets, what ever we can fill the plane with
hows the market looking lately? is there any demand?
i did my research, and things looking good, just wanted to make sure, and if i could get infos and an advice, id really appreciate it, thank you very much for your time and effort.
Now there is a winning business plan...Is there any demand you enquire? Then in your next sentence you proclaim you have done your research and things look good. Which is it? Do you need to come on a public forum for business advice, or have you done your research? Im sure your friendly banker will have similar questions for you.

Boring day at moms house today? Thought you might do a little trolling on an aviation website? If you were even slightly serious...as an airline pilot you should know better than to come here to find out if a PA31 & F50 make a good business team. Get back to your grade 9 homework...dinner is at 6 sharp when your dad comes home from work.

CID
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CID »

I'm interested in this topic. Hopefully I can glean some information to help get my 747 float operation up and running. What bridges can I clear flying under them?

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Perhaps you should draw up a business plan for your commuters and pets in the Falcon F50, and try to get funding. Maybe even go on Dragon's Den.

Seriously, though...

Even if you have deep pockets and the expertise, it's still very difficult to get an AOC.

Having said that, there do seem to be some gaps in the market if you have the patience, money and expertise (or the money to buy it), and you're looking for a high risk business venture.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Falcon on a 703 eh? Doable for sure. You should know that, you're an "airline pilot"!!
Don't forget to change the muffler fluid.

This thread is hilarious. I wonder how good your WiFi signal is that deep into your parents basement.

Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

Hey- I just bought a Falcon 50 PPC, and I'm willing to work for free for a trial period, to show you how hard working I am. PM me if you're interested. Oh by the way, I'm foreign!

This is fun.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

DanWEC wrote:Falcon on a 703 eh? Doable for sure. You should know that, you're an "airline pilot"!!
Don't forget to change the muffler fluid.

OMG, can you imagine if he forgot to do a catalytic converter electrical shock test? Holy crap!!!

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

^ Dude!

You are giving bad advice. Fess-up and own up to it!

To the OP: I commend you on your wanting to make a go of this. Have you though about the maintenance costs of the PT6 engines on your Falcon? The carburators on those things cost a lot of moola to overhaul.

All the best,
TPC

oldtimer
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by oldtimer »

You may also want to price out the cost of halogen fluid for the landing lights on the Falcon. That stuff is expensive and they leak a lot. Also co-ed pilot relief tubes are required for operations in Quebec and the STC is time consuming.

The average pilot, despite the somewhat swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

An F50, wow your really going to need deep pockets. Your much better off to get some better/faster equipment, something along the lines of a L-139.

With that you will not need to worry about carb icing, no electric shocks, etc.

xchox
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by xchox »

Deep pockets my ass. All I needed was 80Gs. Got me a nice Saberliner.

http://www.controller.com/listingsdetai ... 271643.htm

Photofly got direct entry Captain. Oldtimer F/O, Meatservo will be serving Caviar and Labatts Crystal.

CPNCrunch will do the ground work. Shiiiiiit... cdnpilot77 and iflyforpie will pose in bikinis for the annual Calendar.

SID will be in charge of desgining the floats.

Just need someone to paint a C infront of all those letters and numbers. Maybe Thunder will let us operate under their OC since it's already a nice shade of Blue!

Meatservo wrote:I just slap 'em in there. I don't even make sure they are lined up properly.
CID
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CID »

Lurch
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Lurch »

This was his post March 13th, he sure has come a long way in 2 months
HELLO aviators
i have a Canadian cpl/ir, no atpl.
i joined a long distance easa atpl theory program, which is a greek school that has a branch in turkey Istanbul, i have finished all ground school requirements wrote all 14 SCHOOL exams for the recommendation letter.
now im set got my ground theory certificate and all required papers, unfortunatly i cant write the offical civil aviation exams in turkey because its a non-easa state, so i should write them in greece. my question is
can i write the exams in any EASA member state, provided that the school agreed already?
is it possible, if yes, do i need a student visa to write the exams at the civil aviation center? provided that im not attending any learning center at the writing state? the reason im asking this, is because i have a valid schengen bussiness visa
thank you very much for your time, your help will be highly appreciated.

Take my love
Take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care
I'm still free
You cannot take the sky from me

Return to “General Comments”