Hiring Clarification

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

loopy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Hiring Clarification

Post by loopy »

Seeking some clarification. Am I to understand that current hiring practice at AC is to take 80% flow through from Jazz? Is this a permanent thing or to meet a certain quota of bodies for a few years?
---------- ADS -----------

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Hiring Clarification

Post by altiplano »

They're is a number, but I wouldn't count on it.

prop2jet
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by prop2jet »

AC made a commitment to fill 80% of each course with pilots from Jazz who elected to place their name on the Mobility List. Not everyone on the list will be offered a position at AC and some who are will elect not to go. Once the list has been exhausted a new program will be implemented whereby AC will source 80% of it's future pilots from it's AC Express "Family", i.e. Jazz, Sky Regional, Air Georgian, EVAS and whatever other Company decides to partake in the downward spiral of WAWCON that is AC Express :smt040

BlueSkies12
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BlueSkies12 »

Had a buddy at Jazz just tell me that if you put your name on the Pilot Mobility List (PML) and decline a position at AC you will remain at Jazz but put onto the new (shittier) payscale. Who comes up with this stuff?

At least it'll be warm in hell...
awitzke
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by awitzke »

Then don't put your name on the list? A friend of mine works there and has for 28 years. He didn't sign it... No one was forced to.

There were more than enough people to fill the minimum names on the list.

DH772
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DH772 »

Had a buddy at Jazz just tell me that if you put your name on the Pilot Mobility List (PML) and decline a position at AC you will remain at Jazz but put onto the new (shittier) payscale. Who comes up with this stuff?
This was made clear during the jazz roadshows.
Idea being only those who want to signup will put their name on the list. No sense in having 1200 jazz pilots put their name down to help pass the PML when only 700 are wanting to go.

AC/Jazz want an exact number. It's quite simple. You want to go. put your name down.
you dont want to go. dont put your name down.

End of the day, there certainly is a way around that whole rule to avoid the new payscale.

Return to “Air Canada”