YUL FSS - summer 2015

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

hip
Rank 0
Rank 0

YUL FSS - summer 2015

Post by hip »

hey guys

I just received an offer for a FSS formation beginning on June 18th at Montreal. Unfortunately, it is not a good timing for me and I had to decline this offer.

I wanted to know if any of you had also been been offered a FSS formation? Personaly, I would have prefered VFR, since working in a place like Nunavut really would not interest me... I also wonder if it would be possible to begin as an FSS, and to become a VFR later in your career?
---------- ADS -----------

W0XOF
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: YUL FSS - summer 2015

Post by W0XOF »

Yes on the FSS to VFR (or IFR). It's an internal cross training program called EOCO (Employee Operational Careers Opportunity).

Read you 2 by 2. Too loud and too often!
jzt26
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jzt26 »

Depending on how bad you want it, you should probably reconsider the offer.

The training for FSS is easier, you can gain experience for a couple years then make the switch to VFR or IFR training while still getting paid your FSS salary as well as having a lot more knowledge than most applicants.

wingandaprayer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by wingandaprayer »

There is possibility to cross train later on. Just keep in mind, it's not as simple as it sounds; You will have to jump through many hoops, and there's no guarantee that you will actually get it.

"this is how you smile to someone you don't like too much; this is how you smile to someone you don't like at all; this is how you smile to someone you like completely; this is how you set a table for tea." ~ Jamaica Kincaid, "Girl"
hip
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by hip »

thanks a lot for the replies guys

Return to “ATS Question Forum”