Skylink Express

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

boingman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Skylink Express

Post by boingman »

Enough of that.
---------- ADS -----------

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

Sorry - you have me confused with someone else.

I never wrenched there. Never flew there - nor would I want to.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Never worked there, but they have been around for decades. Must be doing somthing right.
Lots of pilots not wanting to work the north, southern companies will always pay less then there northern counterparts. Supply & demand. Don't like it, don't apply. Not that I agree with a pic of a million dollar machine getting paid less then the night shift manager at Wendy's, but that's another topic.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Brantford Beech Boy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Brantford Beech Boy »

Is the whole op still run out of Dick's home basement office?

BBB

"Almost anywhere, almost anytime...worldwide(ish)"
WASIE
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by WASIE »

Three words South Way Inn ..... :lol: :rolleyes: :smt040

Swass
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Swass »

As a pilot for Skylink of two years, with experience at 2 other similar operators, I can with all honesty say that it is a good place to work, I work with a great bunch of people who stick together, help eachother, and preform well as a team. I have no reason whatsoever to come on here and defend Skylink, why does it matter to me what a bunch of people say about it? no skin off my back, I just felt the urge to give my experience, if all the things said were true I wouldn't be writing this.

skylinkexpress
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by skylinkexpress »

In an effort to set our record straight for the readers on this forum, here is our SkyLink Express!
Brantford Beech Boy wrote:Is the whole op still run out of Dick's home basement office?

BBB
SkyLink Express facilities…
- YQM is home to our SOC Centre, which contains System Ops Control, MTC Control, Quality Assurance, Tech Records and Stores
- YYZ area has our HQ and Accounting Offices
- YVR, YWG, YHM, YMX, YHZ are our Pilot bases
- YVR, YWG, YHM, YMX, YQB, YQM, YHZ, YYT are our maintenance facilities

Hope this assists your understanding of our corporate footprint from coast-to-coast.
boeingboy wrote:Sorry - you have me confused with someone else.

I never wrenched there. Never flew there - nor would I want to.
Our sentiments exactly whenever we read any of your posts involving SkyLink Express!
You must have us confused with another company as you have yet to post a single truthful fact about us.
Instead you repeatedly attempt to reinforce your own self-worth from atop an anonymous soapbox by erroneously slandering an entire team of over 100 aviation professionals with complete fabrications.
Focus your posts to what you actually know because, whether you are a disgruntled employee or not, it’s obvious you know nothing about us.

Now, more of what we truely are.

Our team focus is on,
- Safety first and foremost as without it we have nothing.
- Solid SOPs to provide pathways to maintain our safety, performance, and client satisfaction.
- Sincere and open communication at every level to allow our team to adapt, find solutions, and improve daily.
- Stable contracts to provide long-term employment for everyone on our team, revenue to keep the lights on, and the means to grow with the right opportunity.

This is the foundation every person at SkyLink Express builds their day upon to safely and effectively operate as a team.
We simply empower each team member with what they need, and as professionals, we collectively get the job done safely, efficiently, economically and to our client’s satisfaction.

Nice words; easy to type; not as easy to live by!
Agreed, perfect plans rarely equal perfect performances.
This is especially true in aviation so our team constantly seeks ways to improve as we all know perfection is a myth.

After more than 20 years of improvements though, our team has many accomplishments to be proud of:
- Safe, gainful employment for over 100 aviation professionals with a substantial portion of the team having 5, 10 or many more years’ service with us.
- Recruitment focal point of Westjet, Jazz, Porter, AC, etc. (this is definitely a curse too but it reflects well on the talent existing throughout our team). We have had more than one leave for Cathay Pacific.
- Lasting industry partnerships with our continent-wide clients and vendors.
- Timeless relationships with training schools to offer real aviation employment that considers class schedules.
- Surviving multiple economic down-turns and expanding our company into the largest regional courier feeder operator in Canada.
- Operating the largest fleet of B1900C and second largest C208 fleet in Canada
- Expanding to 1200 monthly departures to more than 30 North American cities
- Building a Sr. Management team comprised entirely of Pilots and AMEs who approach each decision with those hats still firmly in place.

Yes, SkyLink Express is a business, but some on this forum seem to think businesses are faceless bricks and mortar; rather, they are people who found their own reasons (pay, schedule, lifestyle, etc.) to join a corporate team and help the company move forward every day.
Hopefully by better understanding our company and the calibre of people on our team, professionals on this forum will have even more reasons to view SkyLink Express as the great air cargo carrier it has become over the years.
We’re also hopeful by setting the record straight here we may assist certain unprofessional types on this forum from thoughtlessly, anonymously and erroneously slagging the great people who are our SkyLink Express team.

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

:roll:

That's some pretty strong cool-aid your drinking........but - whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Keep dreaming! :wink:

AirMail
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by AirMail »

skylinkexpress wrote: Yes, SkyLink Express is a business, but some on this forum seem to think businesses are faceless bricks and mortar; rather, they are people who found their own reasons (pay, schedule, lifestyle, etc.)
From what I understand, pay wouldn't be one of the reasons there now would it?

BeaverDreamer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BeaverDreamer »

AirMail wrote:
skylinkexpress wrote: Yes, SkyLink Express is a business, but some on this forum seem to think businesses are faceless bricks and mortar; rather, they are people who found their own reasons (pay, schedule, lifestyle, etc.)
From what I understand, pay wouldn't be one of the reasons there now would it?
Well even 24k is a lot better than what some instructors make... Most people taking those jobs probably aren't taking pay cuts to be the almighty copirate on a van

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

What are some realistic pay numbers for Skylink? Both seats in 208 and 1900, if you have them? If you're just making a silly guess, or quoting the thread from 2008, then I don't want to hear it. Honest answers only please. PM if you'd prefer.

Kinda hard to make informed career decisions with so much BS floating around on here

higherthenakite
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by higherthenakite »

I sent you a reply as to pay, it is current as of two years ago, things may have changed I don't know.

The biggest this is that you make the experience. When I left to go back and work in the bush some guys thought I was making a backwards step. To them I was and another former pilot said "You never worked in the bush, it is the best flying you will never experience"

I worked for Skylink for two years. Started on the Van and went right seat in the 1900. Learned a lot went to some cool places. Flew across the country and back on their longest charter they ever had at the time.

Every company culture is different, you might mesh you might not. Not sure I did. Met the owner once on the ramp seemed like a nice guy.

Oh and most of you are thinking by now "Does this guy have the gonads to tell who he is"

Dam right I do my name is Steve Hogg, I probably didn't leave on amazing terms but I would go back if they let me do it in the winter as I am a crop duster now and make my former annual salary in about 2 months.

My biggest thing to anyone working anywhere be aviation or not. You make the experience and the connections. Learned a lot there and learned a lot since.

Steve Hogg

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Thanks all!
I made more flying right seat in a King Air than they pay their 208 Captains.

rashidn
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by rashidn »

You know I read this and all these guys talk about money and how bad it is... The fact that a lot of people will do it once offered is the thing that makes me laugh. Don't complain about money. Skylink is a job. A pretty good one in my opinion. If you can't afford it then you shouldn't have decided to get into aviation. You failed to research the industry you wanted to enter. It ain't the best but tell me exactly what the best is... Air Canada...Jazz.. WJ? There is no perfect company to work for. We are all in the same boat trying to build our experience.

Last edited by rashidn on Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rashidn
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by rashidn »

goingnowherefast wrote:Thanks all!
I made more flying right seat in a King Air than they pay their 208 Captains.

Yeah you probably did...I guarantee it wasn't near civilization. Living it up in the cold north ain't much of a living.. I'd prefer making less and live in Southern Ontario or Halifax or Vancouver or Winnepeg.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Actually it was in Winnipeg, although that's not saying much knowing the Skylink pay. A little bit of seniority at most of the companies in Winnipeg (except Keewatin), and you'll be ahead of Skylink Caravan captains as a King Air FO.

Dizzy D
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dizzy D »

Anyone know what captain pay is for the 1900?

HiLo
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by HiLo »

Way to revive an old thread. I don't think much has changed since last year tho. Don't tell me they're hiring DECs...

kmf.kenif
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kmf.kenif »

HiLo wrote:Way to revive an old thread. I don't think much has changed since last year tho. Don't tell me they're hiring DECs...
You may want to check this post: http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopi ... 7&t=108531

HiLo
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by HiLo »

SkyLink Express is a Canada-wide team of air cargo professional that share...
If they can't proofread job ads for grammar, that scares me.

Return to “General Comments”