Air Georgian

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

PROC_HDG
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Air Georgian

Post by PROC_HDG »

NickyNick, if you are indeed not a troll...maybe you should post your resume sans personal info and see what feedback you get here. If you're not getting a call at GGN with 3900 hours, maybe the headshot you attached to your cover letter or the 5 paragraphs talking about your work history at costco when you were 17 years old is the reason you're not getting a call? Did you write it in Comic Sans font? How many pages is it? 5? 6? Please tell me it doesn't have colours other than black. Hours are only part of the equation...

Do you get along well with others? (lol). Are there people at all these companies you've applied at that maybe you had disagreements with in the past?

These days, I just don't think there's such thing as a 3900hr guy who has all his ducks in a row and plays well with others that just can't find a job out there.

PROC_HDG
---------- ADS -----------

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

TeePeeCreeper wrote:
NickyNick wrote:
Are you saying 3900 hrs mostly on BE20 at one company not impressive enough?
Assuming you are not trolling....
The sense of entitlement you demonstrate is absolutely flabbergasting.
Look inwardly and TRULY ask yourself "why am I not getting a call?"

All the best,
TPC

You said it best. I guess he missed the rest of my post regarding character. It's not all about hours.

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

I meet/can all these requirements for their Jet, I applied for 1900 FO position, I thought it was a lock for job offer.
Many who are bashing me about more than hours for jobs, please refer me to which listed requirement I'm missing.

CRJ First Officer
Job Requirements:
• 2000 Hours Total Time
• 500 Two-crew multi-engine
• Must hold Canadian Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) and TC Category 1 Medical Certificate
• Group I IFR
• Able to obtain Transport Canada Security Clearance
• Willing to relocate to YYZ
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
• Able to operate airline aircraft within USA without restriction (Supporting documents required)
• Aviation diploma/degree an asset

esp803

Post by esp803 »

Being likeable.

E

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

esp803 wrote:Being likeable.

E
That's not listed, please refer me to the "real" requirements. Wish companies would post the "real" requirements.

esp803

Post by esp803 »

It's funny, every job I've applied to and got offers from and subsequently accepted, I had substantially LESS than the posted minimum requirements. Please stop trolling here, if you are not trolling, please seek professional help.

E

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

esp803 wrote:It's funny, every job I've applied to and got offers from and subsequently accepted, I had substantially LESS than the posted minimum requirements. Please stop trolling here, if you are not trolling, please seek professional help.

E
Please PM me. I'm not trolling. Help people instead of insulting them.

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

NickyNick wrote:I meet/can all these requirements for their Jet, I applied for 1900 FO position, I thought it was a lock for job offer.
Many who are bashing me about more than hours for jobs, please refer me to which listed requirement I'm missing.

CRJ First Officer
Job Requirements:
• 2000 Hours Total Time
• 500 Two-crew multi-engine
• Must hold Canadian Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) and TC Category 1 Medical Certificate
• Group I IFR
• Able to obtain Transport Canada Security Clearance
• Willing to relocate to YYZ
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
• Able to operate airline aircraft within USA without restriction (Supporting documents required)
• Aviation diploma/degree an asset
Maybe apply for the CRJ then? They could just see you as overqualified and want lower time FO's to groom for the left seat in that particular company culture.

esp803

Post by esp803 »

NickyNick wrote:Please PM me.
Done,

Waiting for your resume and cover letter to review...

E

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Maybe we ARE failing Nicky here, perhaps we just need to get to the root of the issue. So, maybe Nicky just doesn't have the proper complexities of experience. So help us out here Nicky, let us know where you are at with the king air and we will try to point you in the direction to get better experience.

So let me ask a couple of questions about your current BE20:

1) does it have trailing link gear or the high fallacy gear?
2) does it have the PT6-99's or the Rolls Royce engines?
3) does it have the Raisbeck wing extensions?
4) does it have does it have the Garmin 2200 or Primus 450 suite?
5) are your boost pumps on the ceiling or by the co pilots arm rest?
6) does it have 3 blade or 4 blade props?

These are just a few of the technical points a potential employer may be looking at to ensure you have "The right stuff" to fit in their operation. Some of these options are more common than others in the Be20 so they want to see that you can master both the common and uncommon.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

Every BE20 I've flown I can never seem to get a decent landing with that damn high-fallacy gear...

esp803

Post by esp803 »

Based on the 17 word resume I received, I can see why he hasn't been hired... :roll: I suspect being 14 and in his parents basement has something to do with it.

E

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

Maybe he didn't realize 3900 hours on FlightSimulator doesn't count.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

esp803 wrote:Based on the 17 word resume I received, I can see why he hasn't been hired... :roll: I suspect being 14 and in his parents basement has something to do with it.

E

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Although maybe XSBank did his resume? :smt040

*Disclaimer: I fully support the efforts of XSBank in his resume building business and in no way are my words to be taken seriously on this thread. Lest anyone think this was a real comment, it is in fact totally farsical! Thank you

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

cdnpilot77 wrote:Maybe we ARE failing Nicky here, perhaps we just need to get to the root of the issue. So, maybe Nicky just doesn't have the proper complexities of experience. So help us out here Nicky, let us know where you are at with the king air and we will try to point you in the direction to get better experience.

So let me ask a couple of questions about your current BE20:

1) does it have trailing link gear or the high fallacy gear?
2) does it have the PT6-99's or the Rolls Royce engines?
3) does it have the Raisbeck wing extensions?
4) does it have does it have the Garmin 2200 or Primus 450 suite?
5) are your boost pumps on the ceiling or by the co pilots arm rest?
6) does it have 3 blade or 4 blade props?

These are just a few of the technical points a potential employer may be looking at to ensure you have "The right stuff" to fit in their operation. Some of these options are more common than others in the Be20 so they want to see that you can master both the common and uncommon.
1. high floatation
2. -41's
3. no
4. g1000
5. on left side by my arm rest
6. 4

Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

NickyNick wrote:

E
That's not listed, please refer me to the "real" requirements. Wish companies would post the "real" requirements.
Common sense.

Another one you're clearly lacking. Do you really think a company would hire you if they dont like you, just because of your flight time?

The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"
upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

Based on the PM I got asking me why I won't use my personal connection at Jazz to ask why an internet stranger isn't getting a call with 3900 hours says it all.

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

Redneck_pilot86 wrote:
NickyNick wrote:

E
Common sense.

Another one you're clearly lacking. Do you really think a company would hire you if they dont like you, just because of your flight time?

why would companies not like me? Haven't heard of anyone not enjoy being crewed with me and I've flown with more than myself !

Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

NickyNick wrote: why would companies not like me? Haven't heard of anyone not enjoy being crewed with me and I've flown with more than myself !
It might be your undeserved sense of entitlement.

The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"

Return to “Employment Forum”