Air Georgian

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

AirMail
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Air Georgian

Post by AirMail »

FL7377 wrote: About 3 and a half years ago the airlines sent out a MEMO that BE20 time no longer counts. Didn't you get that Nicky?
I remember that memo, luckily a week before that memo I got a 737 job that all my BE20 entitled me to get. Perhaps you should try swamping the larger airlines with your applications and tell them why you rightfully belong there Nicky. Be stern and firm, show them you're captain material. It's what got me the step up from the sweet King air
---------- ADS -----------

aerie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aerie »

NickyNick wrote:How have I ruined my chances? I'm asking questions as to why with my time on BE20 isn't good enough for airline. Wish airlines would post what exactly they want new hires to have. I meet all posted requirements.
I clearly explained above how you are hurting yourself. Did you read my post at all, or have you just chosen to ignore it?

Just because you meet the minimums for a job posting DOES NOT guarantee you an interview. Meeting the minimums means exactly that: You have met the minimums. It does not address a multitude of other qualities that a recruiter would look for.

What makes you stand out, NickyNick? Why are you more qualified than other pilots? Are you passionate about the company you're applying for? Have you tried networking through contacts in the industry? Have you written a personalized cover letter for each company you've applied for? Is your resume professional and thorough? Have you spell checked your work? Have you been spamming your resume to the same recruiters over and over again? Have you tried calling any companies to speak to them about open positions? Have you talked to any pilots at those companies? Have you waited a sufficient amount of time for a response? Have you done anything other than send off an email and then whine on AvCanada about not getting hired?

Emailing your name and the amount of hours you have is going to do nothing for you. No recruiter will give a damn that you have the hours if you seem like you would be a terrible employee. And frankly, from your behaviour on this forum NickyNick you seem like you would not be a smart hire.

Please listen to the experienced professionals you are seeking advice from.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

This is just hilarious. Still waiting for the big reveal as to who's playing a game here.

It's a small industry, and nobody here knows this KA captain with 4000 hours? Unlikely.
In the last 4000 hours, he has zero contacts except for spamming a message board? Unlikely.
4000 hour turboprop skip who desperately wants an FO spot on a 704? Unlikely but not unheard of- but GGN or Evas? Back to very unlikely.

Too many holes in this dude's story from EVERY angle except for one- making it all up.
I'll give a small possibility to have burnt bridges and being unhireable, but fairly unlikely given that nobody seems to know who he is.

So, by process of elimination, who's behind the curtain?

I hope he can prove us all wrong, I feel badly given the small chance he has just had a rough hand dealt, but very, very unlikely.

(PS Can we please change the name of this thread to "Guess! That! Troll!"

Last edited by DanWEC on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AirMail
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by AirMail »

aerie wrote: Emailing your name and the amount of hours you have is going to do nothing for you. No recruiter will give a damn that you have the hours if you seem like you would be a terrible employee.
What? He is Nicky of 3900hrs BE20, he's well known in the industry now, how could they not hire him?

esp803

Post by esp803 »

Oddly enough, I suspect he is well known now, it's amazing how many people lurk these forums.

On that note, the offer still stands for all the beer you can drink Nicky if you can prove you are in fact a pilot, with 3900 hours give or take.

E

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

Anyone actually in aviation? I ask a simple question which no one can answer.

esp803

Post by esp803 »

hmmmm maybe... I know I've networked with at least two dozen people on these boards... they were all actual pilots... actually some of them helped me get my last job... and I helped a couple of them get their current jobs...

It's just you who's not in the industry.

E

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

DanWEC wrote:This is just hilarious. Still waiting for the big reveal as to who's playing a game here.

It would be quite easy actually. Anyone with admin powers can find the IP that was used when the account was made. 1, they could see if it matched any other IP's from other accounts. And two... I could just quite easily find out the address associated with that IP. You're not as anonymous as you think on the web.

FL7377
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by FL7377 »

upintheair_ wrote:
DanWEC wrote:This is just hilarious. Still waiting for the big reveal as to who's playing a game here.

It would be quite easy actually. Anyone with admin powers can find the IP that was used when the account was made. 1, they could see if it matched any other IP's from other accounts. And two... I could just quite easily find out the address associated with that IP. You're not as anonymous as you think on the web.

AAAAAAAAAAAND upintheair for the win! Nickynick saga = over!

vrefplus5
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vrefplus5 »

Gotta admit it was a good run though. Great entertainment while it lasted.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

A coworker brought this thread to my attention as it sounded strangely familiar to him.

I think I have this guy's resume on file from an ad I posted a few months back. It's all there: 3500TT (story checks out based on 80-100 hours a month), BE20 experience, a sense of entitlement to any job he wants and a general inability to directly answer any questions I asked. He sounded like a troll right from the start (no, I'm NOT posting any of our correspondence) but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and pursued further information. In the end I gave up on him, I don't need to be digging for answers to simple questions.

In case it was you and in case you are real (or if the real applicant is reading this), here's why you didn't get the job with my company:
1. Your resume was only fourteen words in length, including the title block at the top. For reference, the sentence I just wrote to describe your resume is longer than your resume. Companies want pilots who care and who can be trusted, such a short one shows that either you either are hiding something or just don't give a crap. Concise is good, I don't want to read a novel, but this was so short I could essentially round it down to zero. Zero is not good.
2. Demanding the job two days after sending me your minimalist resume was probably in poor taste. You showed no understanding that you don't have a right to a job simply by saying you're good for it.
3. When I give the benefit of the doubt and ask where you got your 3500 hours (most would have written you off before this), I had hoped for a better history than, "IN CANADA. MOSTLY AFTER FLIGHT SCHOOL. IN ACCORDANCE WITH CARS." Getting resume-style info out of you was going to be a painfully tedious process and I was busy with hiring and training. What's more is that's the only impression I had of you and I absolutely do not want to deal with that sort of thing every day. There is a lot of trust required in aviation and from what I saw I would be nervous about trusting you.

AWOS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AWOS »

AirMail wrote:What? He is Nicky of 3900hrs BE20, he's well known in the industry now, how could they not hire him?
His location says "THE PAS". I've spent a lot of time up there and have no idea who this could be.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

If in fact he's a pilot, then I apologize for propping up the troll aspect, but questions remain, why all the evasion?
If the above poster has the right person, then the first place my mind goes is something worse than just an Avcanada name being made up. Hope that's not true.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

DanWEC wrote:If in fact he's a pilot, then I apologize for propping up the troll aspect, but questions remain, why all the evasion?
If the above poster has the right person, then the first place my mind goes is something worse than an Avcanada name being made up- Hopefully not some pencil whipping going on....

Come on Dan, you are mildly intelligent, he is not real. I'm sure he has told all his "friends" (teddy bears) and his mom, that he has managed to turn nothing into an exhilarating 3 page thread and got people to believe he was real on at least 2-3 other threads. OMG, life's accomplishment!!! This is top shelf dude!

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

cdnpilot77 wrote: Come on Dan, you are mildly intelligent, he is not real.
Mildy intelligent? Don't forget about raw animal magnetism, or whatever your wife is always talking about.

I'd feel bad on the 1% chance this yoohoo actually is a real pilot who is just doing a terrible job of managing their career, but it just don't add up.

I'm wondering if he's not trying to pull a Frank Abagnale Jr here. Problem is FAJ was smart, really smart, and this guy is trying to do the same task with a frontal lobotomy.
He actually did post a welfare reject version of a "resume" in the Hire Me section that was nothing more than TT and PM me. It's gone now. What a joke.

So, I propose a contest to find out the true identity of this cuckoo. The winner will get the grand prize of dinner with the dubious pleasure of the company of myself and CDNpilot77. We'll surprise you by choosing the restaurant (It'll be all you can eat BBQ). And you should be prepared for some high speed splatter and splashback from BBQ sauce. Things will get... intense.

The happiest of surprises will be bestowed on you as we both go out for a smoke as the bill comes. We'll be back. Honest. And neither of us smoke. BTW I drink like an Irish fish so better clear your visa card.

Cheers!

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

FL7377 wrote:
upintheair_ wrote:

AAAAAAAAAAAND upintheair for the win! Nickynick saga = over!
So? Who was it?

nightbird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by nightbird »

Any knows when they are gonna run the next CRJ ground school?

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

Greetings all. I see many people are interested in knowing where the current movement is at the moment. So I wanted fire up some conversations focusing on Air Georgian. I am aware that there is a G/S running right now for the CRJ. I have a friend in there now. I have heard from people that GGN has recently started to interview people with less than the 1500TT they so much advertised for. AC and Jazz are having G/S until spring 2016 so I'm sure people would be so grateful to get informed on what's happening at GGN now and in the short future. Thanks guys!

fruitloops
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fruitloops »

From " Rudder " on another board - this info on GGN has been confirmed by another individual as well.

"Georgian originally placed in to service 5 former CRJ100's from AC/Jazz that were no longer in active service. It was subsequently announced by AC that the Georgian CRJ fleet would be comprised of 2 CRJ100's and 4 CRJ200's by the end of 2015. The first CRJ200 arrived on the Georgian property in the spring and was a transfer from Jazz. It was then announced internally at Georgian that 8 additional CRJ200's would be added to the Georgian operated AC Express fleet between December 2015 and June 2016. The 12 CRJ200's that will eventually comprise the Georgian CRJ fleet will likely all be transfers from Jazz on a CRJ fleet reduction schedule that forms part of the Chorus CPA with AC. Jazz wil continue to operate 13 CRJ200's in 2016 reducing to 10 CRJ200's in 2017 through 2019. AC has begun to substitute CRJ's on to former transborder D8 routes. It is also likely that these CRJ aircraft and the associated routes will be the source of Georgian aircraft and expanded AC Express flying.

Go Jays!

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

[quote]["Georgian originally placed in to service 5 former CRJ100's from AC/Jazz that were no longer in active service. It was subsequently announced by AC that the Georgian CRJ fleet would be comprised of 2 CRJ100's and 4 CRJ200's by the end of 2015. The first CRJ200 arrived on the Georgian property in the spring and was a transfer from Jazz. It was then announced internally at Georgian that 8 additional CRJ200's would be added to the Georgian operated AC Express fleet between December 2015 and June 2016. The 12 CRJ200's that will eventually comprise the Georgian CRJ fleet will likely all be transfers from Jazz on a CRJ fleet reduction schedule that forms part of the Chorus CPA with AC. Jazz wil continue to operate 13 CRJ200's in 2016 reducing to 10 CRJ200's in 2017 through 2019. AC has begun to substitute CRJ's on to former transborder D8 routes. It is also likely that these CRJ aircraft and the associated routes will be the source of Georgian aircraft and expanded AC Express flying.
]

Thanks alot Fruityloops. It helps enormously when we get hard numbers. Seems like them too, along with AC, Jazz and others are going to be hiring quite non stop for the next 6 months and beyond. It explains the current RJ groundschool happening now, in anticipation for that December RJ arrival.

If SkyReg requires 108 pilots for 5 Embraers next year, I wonder if we can use those numbers to predict how many crews they will require. Unless the 108 pilots includes attrition guys leaving for AC, I think we can say a plane needs roughly 5 or 6.5 crews on roster to be operational? I remember reading a number requirement like that per aircraft, correct me if I'm wrong. But that is still great news....unlike pay though. But confirms the movement I want to promote lol.

Return to “Employment Forum”