Jazz Dispatch

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

WeGonRotate
Rank 1
Rank 1

Jazz Dispatch

Post by WeGonRotate »

Does anyone know how Jazz dispatch is like? How's the company and what's the hours like? And does anyone know what's the starting salary?

Thanks in advance :)
---------- ADS -----------

Floatr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Jazz Dispatch

Post by Floatr »

Last time I checked approx. 4 years ago...I was already a Jazz employee in another department,shifts were 8-12 hours in length...pay started in the high 16-$18/hr and it takes approx. 15 years to get to full wage...!

JZA Dxer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JZA Dxer »

I know this response is a little late but do you still want info on dispatch?

WeGonRotate
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by WeGonRotate »

JZA Dxer wrote:I know this response is a little late but do you still want info on dispatch?
Yes, I would still love some more information on Jazz.

Can you tell me a bit more about the company? How's the company in general? Are there opportunities to move onto Air Canada mainline dispatching in Toronto? How's life in Halifax as well?

Thanks in advance :)

JZA Dxer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JZA Dxer »

Well first off I enjoy working for Jazz. I think it is a great company to work for despite the bad press it gets on here. We are looking at a good solid 10 year contract with Air Canada (as solid as it can get in the airlines) so our future is looking stable. Our dispatch group has a 10 year contact in place with the company so that is good too. As a new dispatcher you can expect to be in training for about 4-6 months which includes classroom training as well as OJT. Once your training is done your hourly rate is 16.73/ hr with all compensation(2 different premiums). (pay rate can be negotiated at hiring if you have experience).You are paid twice a month for 86.67 hrs on each pay. Anything over that is o/t. Top of our wage scale is 39.47/hr with all compensation. You get company match RRSP of max 4% of your gross which goes up to 6% at some point(not sure which year). Coming in on the bottom of the schedule you can expect to be on a 4 on/2 off or a floater sked. Floater sked is basicly you get sked what ever is left over from open shifts from vacation, stat bank days, sick days etc. It is not as bad as it sounds but you will be working all types of shifts. Shift length for the most part are 11.4 hrs with 8 and 8.5 hours in there as well. There is no part time dispatchers so if you are hired you will get paid minimum 86.67 hrs every pay. We are 24/7 365 days a year and have shifts to cover all times of the days. Shift trading is very easy and is done all the time so there is flexibility.
As far as flow through to AC we have no agreement like the pilots currently have. You would apply to AC like every other person off the street. Life in Halifax is slow and relaxed. Depending on what you are use to. I will warn you that the company has been burned on people coming in getting trained and then move onto AC very quickly so they are a little gun shy about hiring people who intend on commuting from other places. Not to say that you would not get hired here but it is the reality of the past here.
Working in SOCC is great and we have a good group of dispatchers who are very good at what we do.

Hopefully this answers some of your questions but please ask away or feel free to PM me.

WeGonRotate
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by WeGonRotate »

JZA Dxer wrote:Well first off I enjoy working for Jazz. I think it is a great company to work for despite the bad press it gets on here. We are looking at a good solid 10 year contract with Air Canada (as solid as it can get in the airlines) so our future is looking stable. Our dispatch group has a 10 year contact in place with the company so that is good too. As a new dispatcher you can expect to be in training for about 4-6 months which includes classroom training as well as OJT. Once your training is done your hourly rate is 16.73/ hr with all compensation(2 different premiums). (pay rate can be negotiated at hiring if you have experience).You are paid twice a month for 86.67 hrs on each pay. Anything over that is o/t. Top of our wage scale is 39.47/hr with all compensation. You get company match RRSP of max 4% of your gross which goes up to 6% at some point(not sure which year). Coming in on the bottom of the schedule you can expect to be on a 4 on/2 off or a floater sked. Floater sked is basicly you get sked what ever is left over from open shifts from vacation, stat bank days, sick days etc. It is not as bad as it sounds but you will be working all types of shifts. Shift length for the most part are 11.4 hrs with 8 and 8.5 hours in there as well. There is no part time dispatchers so if you are hired you will get paid minimum 86.67 hrs every pay. We are 24/7 365 days a year and have shifts to cover all times of the days. Shift trading is very easy and is done all the time so there is flexibility.
As far as flow through to AC we have no agreement like the pilots currently have. You would apply to AC like every other person off the street. Life in Halifax is slow and relaxed. Depending on what you are use to. I will warn you that the company has been burned on people coming in getting trained and then move onto AC very quickly so they are a little gun shy about hiring people who intend on commuting from other places. Not to say that you would not get hired here but it is the reality of the past here.
Working in SOCC is great and we have a good group of dispatchers who are very good at what we do.

Hopefully this answers some of your questions but please ask away or feel free to PM me.
Thank you so much for these great answers. If I have any other questions, I'll definitely send you a PM.

Thanks again :)

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”