Bush pilots love Canada Goose jackets?

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

Changes in Latitudes
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Bush pilots love Canada Goose jackets?

Post by Changes in Latitudes »

NunavutPA-12 wrote:The airplane shudders in the minus 40 wind chill. The air is so cold the howling of the huskies freezes in mid-air. It will be noisy come springtime!

Standing in the arctic blast, you fondly remember your cozy time in Flin Flon. Your nose is about to become a popsicle, but the rest of you is as warm as toast, thanks to your Canada Goose parka.

Sizes small, medium, large, XL

J. Peterman

Yes, they are warm, but overpriced and heavy. There are better deals out there, though most are useless without some decent fur around the hood.
J. Peterman is going to have words with you.
---------- ADS -----------

midlife flyer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by midlife flyer »

+1 for the Resolute. Kept me warm that's for sure.

Prodriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Prodriver »

It's sad tht they don't make the jacket in a Tall size!

"I need a time machine"
oldtimer
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by oldtimer »

I don't fly in the bush anymore and have a real good old parka that keeps me warm but my hands get cold.
I watched the new season of Ice Road Truckers and I notice Alex was wearing a nice pair of what looked like traditional native deerskin gloves with really nice beadwork. Has anyone ever worn something similar and are they warm?
As a kid growing up in central Saskatchewan I used to see lots of deerskin gloves hand made by native women and I really like the looks and the beadwork on them.

The average pilot, despite the somewhat swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Used the Resolute parka. Important things are lots of big pockets inside and outside the jacket that can be easily opened with mitts on. As well, a long tab on the zipper so you don't have to take the mitts off to operate it.

It still requires more layers underneath to stay warm.

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”