Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

buzzjob
Rank 2
Rank 2

CanJet Operations Suspended Indefinitely

Post by buzzjob »

Sept. 1, 2015

CanJet pilots,

This morning I received a phone call from CanJet President Stephen Rowe. Unfortunately, the company will be ceasing flight operations effective today, September 1, 2015. Mr. Rowe indicated that a representative from CanJet’s HR department will be contacting each of you. Attached is the memo that has been posted on mycanjet.ca

Mr. Rowe also explained that the company was not profitable and could not sustain the losses mounting each month. He also said that they were aggressively searching for new flying opportunities but they hadn’t found the right fit as of yet. He said they will continue to look for opportunities.

While I appreciated Mr. Rowe’s call this morning, and his praise for the professionalism and dedication of the CanJet pilots, the decision to shut down the company with less than a day's notice is certainly a major disappointment — especially for the women and men who built this airline. Words alone cannot express our frustration with the situation, and we will encourage the HR department to work with each of you fairly as the carrier winds down. We are in the process of ascertaining other flying opportunities at ALPA carriers, and will keep you informed as we learn more.

In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

In Unity,

Capt. Dan Adamus
dan.adamus@alpa.org
---------- ADS -----------

Changes in Latitudes
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: CanJet Operations Suspended Indefinitely

Post by Changes in Latitudes »

That's definitely a kick in the teeth, especially for that core group that have been there since day one.

My very best to all those involved.

gasbag1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by gasbag1 »

The Rowe family are the classic carpetbaggers. They are just moving on and not feeling any of effects of the decision to apruptly shut down. 24 hours notice of layoff is a joke, they chop all the pilots , now out looking for a paying position somewhere and likely Rowe padlocked the doors. Sad in this day and age but guys like them just cruise along awaiting the next easy opportunity. Like father like son...

Spaceshuttle
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Spaceshuttle »

I agree, apparently this "president" has ran a few divisions of daddys company IMP into the ground so far- excuse the pun. But he did mention he'll be "doubling his efforts" to find work for the airline with no planes, no OC, and no crew...leaves you with a warm and fuzzy feeling about his presidential skills.
2 x 0 =? :prayer:

Awful quiet on foreign crews flying in Canada.... That must be all solved eh!

AFIRS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AFIRS »

One of Canada's 50 best managed companies

Rowe and ALPA made a great team lowering the bar for our profession...

green bastard
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by green bastard »

Actually ALPA helped raise the bar considerably at Canjet. There were vast improvements in wages and working conditions from the non union Canjet.

Charley
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Charley »

Actually Spaceshuttle you're mistaken. C6 still has an OC and 4 aircraft. The only thing they don't have anymore is flight crew. But what do you need them for when Air Transat will fly your airplanes for you? That makes me all warm and fuzzy...

Spaceshuttle
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Spaceshuttle »

You may want to recheck your facts...

Charley
Rank 0
Rank 0