Westjet invades LON

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Westjet invades LON

Post by leftoftrack »

YYZ YYT YWG YYC
---------- ADS -----------

Splash
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Westjet invades LON

Post by Splash »

leftoftrack wrote:YYZ YYT YWG YYC

You forgot YVR and YEG.

Changes in Latitudes
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Changes in Latitudes »

Invades London?

Do you happen to be German?

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

Westjet invades LON
League of Nations?

LivingLife
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LivingLife »

Wow...I wonder if they will be lucky to fill half of the seats with the frequency of flights? Plus, no hot meals and kool-aid antics for ten hours blah blah lol!

KK7
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KK7 »

LivingLife wrote:Wow...I wonder if they will be lucky to fill half of the seats with the frequency of flights? Plus, no hot meals and kool-aid antics for ten hours blah blah lol!
Yes, there are hot meals on the 767. If the current flights to Dublin and Glasgow are any sign, they will have not problem filling seats.

brooks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by brooks »

LivingLife wrote:Wow...I wonder if they will be lucky to fill half of the seats with the frequency of flights? Plus, no hot meals and kool-aid antics for ten hours blah blah lol!
You don't do much research.

No Quarter
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by No Quarter »

Mom limits his ipad time. Not his fault.

LivingLife
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LivingLife »

LMAO! Anything gets you owners worked up! Maybe this will too....I'd gladly pay more to fly with AC, IMO more professional and better service. It's true what they say, you get what you pay for;)

Longtimer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Longtimer »

Re the meals, there is no mention of meal service when you are offered the flights through the westjet booking site. So are we to conclude there are no meals offered or perhaps that the site has yet to be updated to indicate meal service? The only meal mention can be found at: http://www.westjet.com/pdf/travel/basic ... enu-en.pdf and this only mentions the limited domestic service. The AirCanada site continues to show the applicable meal service for each flight.

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

Will these flights be augmented or is it just two tired pilots flying through the night for 9-10 hours?

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jjj »

2 tired pilots FlyGuy.

These guys are gonna get their asses handed to them.

JJJ

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

jjj wrote:2 tired pilots FlyGuy.

JJJ
Till something like the Air Canada incedent heading to Zurich happens, WS isn't unsafe they're economical

KK7
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KK7 »

Where did you hear that?

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

leftoftrack wrote:

JJJ
Till something like the Air Canada incedent heading to Zurich happens, WS isn't unsafe they're economical
Unfortunately, that incident changed nothing with respect to how Air Canada mitigates pilot fatigue and, more importantly, how Transport Canada and the Conservative government of Canada view pilot fatigue. Passengers were paid off and I am amazed at how quiet that incident was. It should have been the catalyst for positive change in the name of safety. Canada has the WORST fatigue mitigation in the world with no respect for Circadian rhythm. I was hoping Westjet would voluntarily raise the standard cuz Air Canada won't until it is written in blood.

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

yycflyguy wrote:
leftoftrack wrote:

JJJ
Unfortunately, that incident changed nothing with respect to how Air Canada mitigates pilot fatigue and, more importantly, how Transport Canada and the Conservative government of Canada view pilot fatigue. Passengers were paid off and I am amazed at how quiet that incident was. It should have been the catalyst for positive change in the name of safety. Canada has the WORST fatigue mitigation in the world with no respect for Circadian rhythm. I was hoping Westjet would voluntarily raise the standard cuz Air Canada won't until it is written in blood.
Didn't Air Canada start augmenting that flight?

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

leftoftrack wrote:
yycflyguy wrote:
Didn't Air Canada start augmenting that flight?
It was always "augmented". The RP sat in the back of the plane sipping Malbec through the dead of night over the Atlantic with only 2 operating pilots because it was under 9 hours block time but was an active crew member for the return flight that is over 9 hours... you know, for the daytime flight where Circadian Rhythms are not as impacted. Nothing has been improved as far as mitigating Crew Fatigue.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

yycflyguy wrote: Canada has the WORST fatigue mitigation in the world with no respect for Circadian rhythm. I was hoping Westjet would voluntarily raise the standard cuz Air Canada won't until it is written in blood.
Unfortunately, Canada is nowhere near the worst in the world with fatiguing schedules. Try not to get carried away with the rhetoric.

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
Lateralus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lateralus »

complexintentions wrote:
yycflyguy wrote: Canada has the WORST fatigue mitigation in the world with no respect for Circadian rhythm. I was hoping Westjet would voluntarily raise the standard cuz Air Canada won't until it is written in blood.
Unfortunately, Canada is nowhere near the worst in the world with fatiguing schedules. Try not to get carried away with the rhetoric.
Well thats fucking depressing.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

CARS duty regs are worse than the Americans, Europeans... Maybe the worst in the civilised world?

They are worse than ICAO standard so maybe worse than much of the rest?

Who's worse? What's the schtick?

Return to “WestJet”