Let The Massive Hiring Begin!!!! FINALLY

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Let The Massive Hiring Begin!!!! FINALLY

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

Greetings all. Seems like good news has hit earlier than expected. Looks like we might be entering another beginning of an era of massive hiring. Many had predicted 2016 to be as intense, if not more than back in 2007. Sky Regional has opened the gates for 100+ pilots for the 5 EMB. This shuffle will likely create movement in other companies. Cheers!
---------- ADS -----------

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Let The Massive Hiring Begin!!!! FINALLY

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

I am not sure we should celebrate so quickly. It should be more about the quality of new jobs rather than the quantity.

AirMail
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by AirMail »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote:I am not sure we should celebrate so quickly. It should be more about the quality of new jobs rather than the quantity.
Yup, reminds me of Opera, "Poverty job for you, poverty job for you, poverty job for everyone!"

Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Boreas »

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Make sure that you are ready! If there is such a thing as Massive Hiring, make sure you have an interview outfit, are well groomed, know something about the company and the job you want; an up-to-date resume and cover letter with a bunch printed, ready to be handed out and emailed.

Most importantly, make absolutely sure you have three references lined up and their permission and cooperation is assured.

Break a leg!

"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

And make sure xsbank writes your resume so that it doesn't look like some of the shit that clogged my inbox!

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote:And make sure xsbank writes your resume so that it doesn't look like some of the shit that clogged my inbox!

^^^ what he said...I am always amazed that some would even waste the 2 1/2 seconds it takes to click "send". It's just not worth that kind of investment to send what they are sending.

It also equally amazes me at how polished some of the resumes from new comers to the industry are!

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Sky_Conqueror wrote:Greetings all. Seems like good news has hit earlier than expected. Looks like we might be entering another beginning of an era of massive hiring. Many had predicted 2016 to be as intense, if not more than back in 2007. Sky Regional has opened the gates for 100+ pilots for the 5 EMB. This shuffle will likely create movement in other companies. Cheers!
It does not take 100+ pilots to fly 5 EMB. There must be significant attrition rates anticipated at Sky Regional.

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

Probably counting on a few pilots leaving for AC with the hiring binge going on there now.

Confliction
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Confliction »

It also equally amazes me at how polished some of the resumes from new comers to the industry are!
That's because xsbank probably did them! :mrgreen:

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

Attrition or not, internal HR source has indicated 108 pilots to be exact.

Last edited by Sky_Conqueror on Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

You guys are too kind...but thank you!

"What's it doing now?"
JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

xsbank wrote:You guys are too kind...but thank you!
I just want you to get me a job on that $300,000+ Challenger!

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Is their pay scale still extremely low and difficult to live off of? If not, then that's great news, but if so, then what's to be excited about? I guess it may make some opportunities for 250 hr guys when some people decide to take the pay cut from 703's. Sheesh.
Again, this is assuming the pay scale hasn't changed in the last few years. Has it?

sstaurus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by sstaurus »

I also am not too excited about the crumbs being tossed on the ground masquerading as living wage jobs... It'll never happen but I wish no one would apply.

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Hey Johnny, to least I can get them to read your resume!

Warning, Dad Lecture to follow...
Sometimes you need to take a crappy job as a stopgap, a way to get some much-needed experience. Sadly, there are plenty of those companies in Canada willing to exploit you for a few years. I met a guy who started right at Emirates with a brand new ATPL and he was an A340 Captain on his 30th birthday. Bought himself a Porsche as a birthday present.

That doesn't happen here.

There are, however, many good career opportunities if you are focussed and know what your goals are. The trick, requiring much self-deception, is to not be in too much of a rush; yet, make sure if you do have to compromise, you can see a way forward.

To live long and prosper (the living long is the goal, prosper comes next!) you must remember to ALWAYS be a professional, to conduct your career as if the Chief Pilot at Air Canada is always riding with you, even if you find yourself at a crap company flying junk. All of that will change eventually, if you keep it together and never stop striving to be the best.

As soon as you feel complacent, comfortable, bulletproof, you may be very near the end of your career/life. Do something about it.

Don't forget, father knows best!

"What's it doing now?"
all_ramped_up
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by all_ramped_up »

Plus after working the sh*t jobs, your eventual good job will feel much more satisfying in contrast!

At least that's how it worked for me. :stupid:

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

I believe SkyReg starts at 49000$ last I checked for FO. It's a Farcry from what it was back in 2012 when they started. I believe it was in the low 30s. It was changed a couple of years ago. Now this is base pay. Every time you fly you get a certain amount per hour. And per diems. So in the end it's not a bad gig anymore.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

That's great!!!

FL7377
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by FL7377 »

Sky_Conqueror wrote:I believe SkyReg starts at 49000$ last I checked for FO. It's a Farcry from what it was back in 2012 when they started. I believe it was in the low 30s. It was changed a couple of years ago. Now this is base pay. Every time you fly you get a certain amount per hour. And per diems. So in the end it's not a bad gig anymore.

$49k?

Thats roughly what EI pays at the top end.

Why not just get fired from what ever job you have now, enjoy EI, when it runs out get another crap job for a year and repeat.

Seems like less work, less stress and more time off than working at Sky reg.

Return to “Employment Forum”