Air Canada Pool

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Air Canada Pool

Post by Oxi »

Regional wise what is shaping up to be the way to AC outside of OTS hiring?

From Jazz I hear that a Future PML will be in place once the current one is exhausted, Air Georgian and EVAS seems like they will eventually get a piece of the pie and Sky Regional after their July 14th meeting with AC have started sourcing a list.
---------- ADS -----------

Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

Oxi wrote:Regional wise what is shaping up to be the way to AC outside of OTS hiring?

From Jazz I hear that a Future PML will be in place once the current one is exhausted, Air Georgian and EVAS seems like they will eventually get a piece of the pie and Sky Regional after their July 14th meeting with AC have started sourcing a list.
Sky Regional guys are already interviewing. If AC is where you want to be then soon the only way will be via Jazz, Sky and eventually Georgian. No idea about Evas. Basically pick your team, Red or Blue and join one of those regionals.

watermeth
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by watermeth »

Make sure not to be stuck there. 'Could be a long lasting stepping stone...

JoeyBarton
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JoeyBarton »

Maxpwr wrote:
Oxi wrote:Regional wise what is shaping up to be the way to AC outside of OTS hiring?

Sky Regional guys are already interviewing. If AC is where you want to be then soon the only way will be via Jazz, Sky and eventually Georgian. No idea about Evas. Basically pick your team, Red or Blue and join one of those regionals.
When is the first sky regional pilot joining mainline?

airworthyb
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by airworthyb »

Maxpwr wrote:If AC is where you want to be then soon the only way will be via Jazz, Sky and eventually Georgian.
PML is in place at Georgian, two pilots have already gone to AC.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

I assume you mean as part of the PML program, if so, that won't happen until the the Jazz PML is exhausted and at that time the next gen PML will kick in.
Any SR pilot joining AC until then would have to go over as an off the street new hire at a ratio of 20% to 80% Jazz pilots, anything else would be a violation of the four party agreement in place.

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Oxi »

mbav8r wrote:
I assume you mean as part of the PML program, if so, that won't happen until the the Jazz PML is exhausted and at that time the next gen PML will kick in.
Any SR pilot joining AC until then would have to go over as an off the street new hire at a ratio of 20% to 80% Jazz pilots, anything else would be a violation of the four party agreement in place.
It would appear after the July 14th meeting with Mr.Howlett that both GGN & Sky have their own PMLs now.

Art Garfunkel
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Art Garfunkel »

Yes Jazz pilots, you still have access to 80% of the AC ground schools. Sky and GGN are occupying the other 20%. I belieive 2 GGN and 2 Sky pilots are on the next AC ground school.

From what I hear a lot of Jazz pilots are differing so making it very difficult to plan.

JoeyBarton
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JoeyBarton »

Art Garfunkel wrote:Yes Jazz pilots, you still have access to 80% of the AC ground schools. Sky and GGN are occupying the other 20%. I belieive 2 GGN and 2 Sky pilots are on the next AC ground school.

From what I hear a lot of Jazz pilots are differing so making it very difficult to plan.
So for the October one? November?

countryhick
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by countryhick »

Yes, quite a few Jazz pilots have deferred....Jazz has also started to defer (hold, freeze..) pilots for 1-3 months.

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

countryhick wrote:Yes, quite a few Jazz pilots have deferred....Jazz has also started to defer (hold, freeze..) pilots for 1-3 months.
How is this deferral going to play out. You defer, go to AC in 2 years and slide in ahead of the others hired since? I'm sure there will be no infighting there. Could be worse, imagine getting hired off the street at WJ and told you will never go Capt because all the Encore pilots are ahead of you.

smnoi
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by smnoi »

In the September course, the 4 guys from the outside 20% were from the pool. From course to course, they sometimes take Sky and Georgian people in the 20% but it always varies.

Slappy the Squirrel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Slappy the Squirrel »

Email was sent to the pool a few days ago.

There's an October course starting on the 26th then another PIT course starting on Nov 23rd. Nothing more is finalized but she said they are expecting another 5-6 courses in the first half of 2016 of 20 pilots each.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

There was an email a couple weeks ago.

I think it said 190 by next summer...

Current SPB shows 257 required looking forward to forecast flying a year from now.

Cough Syrup
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Cough Syrup »

Last edited by Cough Syrup on Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhatThe?
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WhatThe? »

Anyone who delays their course runs the risk of losing out if there is a downturn.

If you are on the property you stay; you are not on the property....the gates will close.

Yep you have a number but you will miss years of pay etc when you finally make it into a flight deck.

How long was the last downturn? 3years?

Dockjock
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Dockjock »

Deferring a course date is very risky given the number and pace of changes relating to hiring policy that have been occuring recently. Overlaid on the cyclical nature of the business, it's naive to think that your reserved place at the table is more than a best effort commitment. Take it, make it real ASAP when you get an offer of employment.

Ironman2909
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ironman2909 »

Any news on how many are left on the pool. I know the November course as been filled. Apparently next course could be at beginning of January 2016.

Thx

Anticyclone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anticyclone »

Hey guys,

Do you have any idea of when will be the 1st delivery of the 737 Max??

Cheers.

Ironman2909
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ironman2909 »

I think the 737 MAX is suppose to arrive somewhere in 2017.

Return to “Air Canada”