Contract Emgineers

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

crazyaviator
Rank 7
Rank 7

Contract Emgineers

Post by crazyaviator »

Whats with the latest post for contract AME s With specific experience $38 with lodging $45 without lodging? I suppose the Connie pays for rtn. flight and meals etc as well? A GOOD paying job as an employee is around $35.00/Hr. includes OT, Vacation pay, benefits and SECURITY I wouldn't get out of bed for less than $45.00 + per diem, lodging and airfare including a min 6 month term with rotations optional. Worked once at a contract AME. A/P agency,,,, What a joke that was !!!!
---------- ADS -----------

fixnfly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Contract Emgineers

Post by fixnfly »

well they get what they pay for.

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

yup, current and recent times for contract AME's is exactly that, shitty.
And yes, they are getting what they are paying for, if they do actually get responses, but the lack of interest is doing nothing to change the direction of offers. Only industry that "supply and demand" does not apply to. They just keep re-posting ad's week after after week, agency to agency, for the same shitty package. I guess the hope is there is a herd of qualified suckers just around the corner.

Personally, I peruse the ad's knowing, in advance, that all those offer's are shit. The entertaining part is seeing which agency is offering it this week and how long has it been on the boards. The money/lack of accommodation, etc is just sad.

Angusnofangus
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Angusnofangus »

I laughed at that one also. $38 plus hotel: probably a crappy hotel to boot. That is a joke. The last time I contracted was 1999, and I got 32.50,plus hotel, plus per diem.

Return to “Maintenance”