Chartright YYC

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

username here
Rank 1
Rank 1

Chartright YYC

Post by username here »

I was on the John Hopkinson website recently, and noticed that most of Chartrights YYC based aircraft are for sale.
How are things there? I'm assuming they had a hard time breaking into the YYC market?
---------- ADS -----------

V2plus10
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Chartright YYC

Post by V2plus10 »

Asked a friend who works there,"one is for sale because they've upgrade to an XLS and the rest of those ultras on there are part of the group he bought for resale, never flew out of YYC".

username here
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by username here »

That's good to hear .
Looks like their challenger 300 is for sale as well .

Confliction
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Confliction »

Last edited by Confliction on Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WeatherMaster
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by WeatherMaster »

Any one know why Chartright had a job posting for a Challenger 300 Captain based in YQR about three weeks ago and then suddenly a week ago Aurora is posting for the same job in YQR? And then Aurora re-posted another Challenger 300 position for a Captain and an FO but based in YEG? Did Chartright loose a contract in YQR that was picked up by Aurora??

West peak
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by West peak »

Not sure Chartright can get pilots with the sub industry standard pay they offer.

V2plus10
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by V2plus10 »

West peak wrote:Not sure Chartright can get pilots with the sub industry standard pay they offer.
Care to share any facts or figures besides one slanderous statement? Where do you receive your info?

Ex99guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ex99guy »

V2plus10 wrote:
West peak wrote:Not sure Chartright can get pilots with the sub industry standard pay they offer.
Care to share any facts or figures besides one slanderous statement? Where do you receive your info?
No slander in that statement. Pay for pilots could definitely go up. Heard of a few guys turning down the job because the money was low.

fruitloops
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fruitloops »

About 4 years ago - I recall $50k for a starter FO position - i didn't think that was too shabby at all - has that gotten worse or does everyone just have high standards at CR:) - how are things looking there these days? Steady she goes?

Who really has the biggest market share of the corporate flying now in Canada - Chartright?

West peak
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by West peak »

I guess that depends on what the F.O position was for?

A king Air - sure sounds great, A Challenger- ouch!

From the people I know there, the company as a whole is fine, no real worse or better than an other management company, but the pay has been stagnant for the last 5 years in fact some aircraft start wages have even dropped. At the same time the cost of living has gone up by nearly 10% so really the pay has dropped significantly in real terms.

I did confirm with them that they don't get an statutory holidays, which I find a little strange. How do they get around this?

Return to “Corporate”