Kasper air?

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

tbayav8er
Rank 3
Rank 3

Kasper air?

Post by tbayav8er »

Does anyone know anything about this new company in Northwestern Ontario?

http://flykasper.com/
---------- ADS -----------

Duffman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Kasper air?

Post by Duffman »

I've never heard of a Gipps Aero airvan. Looks like a mini piston powered Caravan? Somewhere between the 206 and Caravan in size I guess.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

Duffman wrote:I've never heard of a Gipps Aero airvan. Looks like a mini piston powered Caravan? Somewhere between the 206 and Caravan in size I guess.
The GA-8 "Airvan" has been around in commercial service longer than you've been an AvCanada member...

I had a chance to get a demo flight and "ground school" back in 2006-2007. As the CP for the company at the time I recommended hanging on to our 206's until we could afford getting our hands onto a 208.

With that said the GA-8 is a nice bird depending on what you need it to do and your mission platform.

All the best,
TPC

Changes in Latitudes
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Changes in Latitudes »

I wonder if Kasper is a friendly CEO; The friendliest CEO you know?

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

TeePeeCreeper wrote: I had a chance to get a demo flight and "ground school" back in 2006-2007. As the CP for the company at the time I recommended hanging on to our 206's until we could afford getting our hands onto a 208.
How come? What didn't you like about it?

It seems like a cheap way to get a decent load a short distance.

FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

I've seen the airvan used in the Safari in Africa, but just looking at that "plastic?" pod makes me wonder how long it will last in frigid -35 degrees loading and unloading all day. I'd like to know what they will plan on paying their new pilots..

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

Since they have 4 Co founders and 1 airplane I don't think they'll be looking for any pilots any time soon.

simon76
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by simon76 »

Heard Kasper Air may have made a mayday call and landed off airport somewhere near YAQ few days ago?

jays_86
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jays_86 »

Where did you hear that? Is it true?

NAT2
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by NAT2 »

Occurrence Summary
Date Entered:2015-02-09
Narrative:
A Kasper Aviation Gippsaero GA8-TC 320 (C-FPRX), a VFR aircraft with no known flight plan on file, was heard by an overflying aircraft declaring MAYDAY. It was reported that the aircraft landed safely on a pond approximately 7 miles southwest of Kasabonika, ON (CYAQ) due to engine problems resulting from a loss of oil pressure.
O.P.I.: Further Action Required:No

simon76
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by simon76 »

The question is will transport shut them down before we see more serious incidents? Apparently they had a little "icing problem" not long ago. I would not fly any of my family or friends with this "Airline".

Gravol
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Gravol »

Agreed . Complete bag of hammers

TheFrankestFrank
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TheFrankestFrank »

Sounds like working there would be interesting.

Tweet the Pres himself:

https://twitter.com/kasperwabinski

You may be able to get in on a soggy cookie tournament.

tbayav8er
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tbayav8er »

Looks like someone maybe hacked his account?

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Ohh myyy.

Waterdog20
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Waterdog20 »

I've spoken to them recently and they expect their pilots to work 6-7 days a week for 1000/ month with no flight pay. They do some maintenance off books by themselves without their AMOs knowledge. They fly in 1 mile/ 300feet but that very often gets pushed down. It's only a matter of time until they push it too far.

simon76
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by simon76 »

Say what you want about flying for Kasper. He gives you a place to stay and that's worth about 5k a year in savings.

Do the math kids. Go fly for Kasper for 3 seasons. Get all the pic you need for your atpl. Apply to perimeter/bearskin with 1k hours, and work on a metro for a year and you will be at jazz less than 2 years in the industry.

Or you can be a ramp rat somewhere, pay rent, make 40 k a year. Get treated like shit. Barely get to fly. Waste 1-2 years and once you finally get a position flying you will wait 3 years to move up pic. So you will be at jazz in 5 years and what? Made a couple extra bucks? You probably just wasted all your extra money on rent and alcohol trying to suppress your feelings of being treated like shit on the ramp.

Get your cpl. Fly for Kasper for 8 months, jump a ramp Rat in line at company x once you have 1k hours and you will be at jazz or Porter in no time. Hate on Kasper all you want but really I think you will be way further ahead in the long run than anyone working a ramp spot

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

simon76 wrote:Say what you want about flying for Kasper. He gives you a place to stay and that's worth about 5k a year in savings.

Do the math kids. Go fly for Kasper for 3 seasons. Get all the pic you need for your atpl. Apply to perimeter/bearskin with 1k hours, and work on a metro for a year and you will be at jazz less than 2 years in the industry.

Or you can be a ramp rat somewhere, pay rent, make 40 k a year. Get treated like shit. Barely get to fly. Waste 1-2 years and once you finally get a position flying you will wait 3 years to move up pic. So you will be at jazz in 5 years and what? Made a couple extra bucks? You probably just wasted all your extra money on rent and alcohol trying to suppress your feelings of being treated like shit on the ramp.

Get your cpl. Fly for Kasper for 8 months, jump a ramp Rat in line at company x once you have 1k hours and you will be at jazz or Porter in no time. Hate on Kasper all you want but really I think you will be way further ahead in the long run than anyone working a ramp spot
Troll.

So you make 1000 a month, and get lodging paid for at 5K a year. So I made 17K to work in shitty conditions. No I'll go work the ramp for 25K, for a reputable company and be happy.

How long have you been working there?

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Well, this is quite a change from your post just a couple clicks up about them....
simon76 wrote:The question is will transport shut them down before we see more serious incidents? Apparently they had a little "icing problem" not long ago. I would not fly any of my family or
friends with this "Airline".
1000/month? I made double that as an instructor. Operational time IS better, but not if the alleged safety issues are true.

I don't know what's worse, getting a flying job at a shitty operator or pushing a broom with a CPL.

JayVee
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JayVee »

simon76 wrote:Say what you want about flying for Kasper. He gives you a place to stay and that's worth about 5k a year in savings.

Wow! This guy's got it figured out.
Scary.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”