Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha....

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha....

Post by Pat Richard »

ELITE AEROSPACE SERVICES Corp has been successfully and proudly serving the Aviation/Aerospace industry in Canada and the U.S. for over two decades. We are presently looking for a few Structures Technicians/Engineers with a very strong corrosion/Fatigue/Modifications/Repair abilities to work on Boeing 757,737. They must have all the essential tools and be ready for an immediate start. In return we offer a great pay rate of $35.00 CDN/Hour and $50.00 Per Diem Daily allowance. Duration will be minimum till the end of 2015 and a possibility of extension in 2016.
Please submit your updated version of your resume for an immediate consideration by replying directly to this ad . You could also visit us online @ eliteaviators.com
***** Become an ELITE aviator by joining the ELITE team *****

Thank you all,
Hey "Elite", do you realize that this "great pay offer" package doesn't even match what was offered 10 years ago??? IF it included travel to location/to and from work site, and respectable accommodation you would be then at least be AT PAR TO OFFERS FROM 10 YEARS AGO. Who advised you have a "great offer"???

The pure cheese ending....my God....that is as sad as your offer.

Must feel real good working for this kinda shit, but I wouldn't know. :lol:
---------- ADS -----------

crazyaviator
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha....

Post by crazyaviator »

Lets just say that the FT employees at said company are making an average of $30.00 / Hr.
As a Connie , you need an extra $8 / Hr. Min for self employment costs and insurance. You need $ 5-8 / Hr. for lodging, an extra dollar or 2 for airfare. Remember that you must supply your own pension, dental and medical and you dont receive OT of Stat hol. Pay. Add to that the fact that you are working on call and the duration is unknown, you may be off work for 1-3 months between contracts.
It is a slap in the face and disrespectable to offer an experienced AME such a low wage :evil:

longjon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by longjon »

I was thinking the same thing, what kind of a goof-ball add is that, $35 per hr and calling it an Elite wage. Where do these people come from?

MD-2
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MD-2 »

Sad thing is there will be a lineup of warm bodies that will take the contract...

crazyaviator
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by crazyaviator »

Sad thing is there will be a lineup of warm bodies that will take the contract...
Yes, from latin america and eastern europe,,,,,how does that help us ?

Meecka
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Meecka »

crazyaviator wrote:
Not even from that far away. There will undoubtedly be a lineup of Canadian AME's that will do the job.

casey
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by casey »

Kind of makes the Air Inuit job look better with benifits and all plus in a non unionize envirioment every thing is negotiable

chowda
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by chowda »

Meecka wrote:
crazyaviator wrote:
Not even from that far away. There will undoubtedly be a lineup of Canadian AME's that will do the job.
Not so confident there will be a line up of qualified and experienced ame's for this. Local guys maybe but unless they're desperate I don't think there will be any big rush. Too shitty of deal for out of towners. Contracting sure has gone down the shitter in this country.

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

crazyaviator
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by crazyaviator »

Great wage for a botswanian wishing to get back to his/her roots !! :lol:

GyvAir
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by GyvAir »

Troubleshot wrote:Another gem here:

http://www.calgaryjobboard.ca/index.php?post_id=69833
I took a job similar to that 20 years ago, starting at $35/hour plus travel pay, benefits, etc. etc. etc. And it was full time permanent; that posting is temporary contract. I could have picked from a dozen similar gigs at the time.

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

Sweet Jeebus...okay, that is shitiest one I've ever seen! WOW! Except for athe aforementioned botswanian scenario (lol) I'd be curious about what the mental composition needs to be to think this a respectable offer.
Oh wait....the standard mouthfoamer attitude of "don't like don't apply." right? Head in the sand....

Encore wage for overseas work, awesome, and the race to the bottom gains momentum again.

crazyaviator
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by crazyaviator »

Now that my COPA subscription is well over, like DAR, i seem to be frequenting this place of ill repute too often ! :lol:

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Pat Richard wrote:

Sweet Jeebus...okay, that is shitiest one I've ever seen! WOW! Except for athe aforementioned botswanian scenario (lol) I'd be curious about what the mental composition needs to be to think this a respectable offer.
Oh wait....the standard mouthfoamer attitude of "don't like don't apply." right? Head in the sand....

Encore wage for overseas work, awesome, and the race to the bottom gains momentum again.
I wonder, Pat, if it's not laying the groundwork for a Temporary Foreign Worker application, or something similar?
Kryste, if I spoke Italian, lived in Canada, and had a maintenance background, Id go and work at a Ferrari dealership befor I moved to Botswana for $25/hr...

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

Good point.
I think that must be what it's about. It's truly too ludicrous an offer otherwise.

Or maybe I'm just out of touch and living in the past, lol.

Hell's yeah for Ferrari scenario!

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

A little comparison, and it doesn't require a flak vest to do it....
Auto Mechanic
Big Rock Chrysler Dodge
$50 an hour
Apply from your tablet
Big Rock is a Dodge/Jeep dealership in Hinton Alberta, we are looking for a dedicated, motivated hard working auto mechanic to become part of our great team. The ideal candidate would be a Chrysler trained Journeyman or 3rd or 4th apprentice. Someone who is dedicated to quality workmanship and customer satisfaction. Excellent working conditions and benefits. We offer compensation up to $50.00 per flat rate hour depending on experience, “plus” that’s right we said PLUS up to $3.00 per flat rate hour performance bonus. Looking for a change? Check us out. Hinton is a great community to live in. Incredible choices of year round outdoor recreation activities!!!!!! Hunting, fishing, hiking, swimming, boating, camping are just a few things. The following are some of the position requirements but are not limited to;

Competently diagnose & repair: Diesel Engines, Power train, Electrical, and Suspension.
Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
Identify warrantable repairs and work with Service Advisors to form a resolution
Use electronic work order system (basic computer skills)
Repair and maintain facility and property as required. Keep work environment clean and tidy
Applicant Requirements:

Possess strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
Ability to read and understand various schematic diagrams for maintenance troubleshooting and be proficient with computers and diagnostic tools.
Have well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work with other members of the Service Department team
Must be punctual, self-motivated and be able to work independently or in a team environment
Ability to handle a fast paced work environment, and at times pick up a job where another left off
Willingness to follow set procedures and guidelines
Possess a valid driver’s license and provide a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract upon request
Inter-provincial Certification would be considered an asset
We are offering a long term employment position with a competitive wage. We have great health & dental coverage for our staff. If you want to work in a busy shop, enjoy outdoor activities and have a balanced life, this is ideal work environment. Our location makes this opportunity great; you will make Alberta money with BC’s lifestyle. *Relocation Assistance may be available for the right candidate!!!!! * A great retention / loyalty program in place after 5 years, talk to us for details!!!!!! If you are a reliable and motivated individual apply online or feel free to stop by at the dealership. Only those being considered will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50.00 /hour
Required experience:

Automotive/Mechanical: 3 years
Required experience:

Automotive: 3 years
Now compare this offer to elites and guardians shit "offers" .
I challenge anyone to find a aircraft maintenance ad that even comes close.

:lol:

Don't like it, don't apply....

conehead
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by conehead »

Just a thought here... I've read the new Trans Pacific Trade deal, and the floodgates will be wide open for foreign trades workers to come to Canada. Just about any trade you can think of... Electricians, Oil Field workers, any Trade in the Construction industry, and AME's. Of course, it is reciprocal, so we can tramp the globe looking for work...

Angusnofangus
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Angusnofangus »

What a joke that is!!! $25 an hour? Really?

plhought
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by plhought »

I suspect that $25 posting is only up there for a Temporary Foreign Worker application. Mandatory Italian...etc.

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

This job would be a good way to break out of Aircraft Maintenance if you are not happy with the industry. I promise you won't look back. From what I know this is a great paying job with a company you could move up fast. It looks like you would have to travel from site to site as a support rep but if you are contracting now it really is no different...and I guarantee you won't have to pay for food , hotel, or flights 8)

also, with a company like this it is not like they are gonna just throw you to the wolves either, you will be trained up the yahoo and be a polished stone before you get out there.

https://sjobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/j ... Indeed.com

Return to “Maintenance”