YYZ - YWG last night

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

YYZ - YWG last night

Post by BingBong »

Way to make sure the brakes are working....ever heard of alittle finesse
---------- ADS -----------

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: YYZ - YWG last night

Post by av8ts »

Yes because sitting in the back you know exactly what's happening up front.

Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

BingBong wrote:Way to make sure the brakes are working....ever heard of alittle finesse

Says the guy who's likely foaming at the mouth to transition to mainline via the PML!? Guess what champ...these forums are not as anonymous as you may think. Enjoy the rest of your career at Jazz Dingdong! What an Idgit.

pianokeys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by pianokeys »

av8ts wrote:Yes because sitting in the back you know exactly what's happening up front.
This. +1x10^100

toelessjoe
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by toelessjoe »

My landings don't always garner praise from the back. But every time, without fail, I manage to forgive myself and move on. :lol:

- Toeless.

ZBBYLW
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ZBBYLW »

BingBong wrote:Way to make sure the brakes are working....ever heard of alittle finesse
Nice buddy! Where you in the other front seat observing what was going on?

Yes, some of us at times get a bit too excited with the brake pedals. Lots of other times there could be lots of different things going on, contaminated runway/strong x-wind/low viz that may have us land with MED auto brake (which slows you down pretty quickly). Other times the brakes on some fins are grabbier than others (especially once they get hot). The reality is - you were probably not in the flight deck... not knowing the full picture.. who knows what else was going on?

aV1aTOr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by aV1aTOr »

You're obviously not a pilot. Next time you meet one, ask him/her about how different landing/runway/weather conditions affect landing technique and how dynamic of an event landing an airliner can be. Not to mention specific aircraft status. Even on a seemingly normal day/approach. You'll be surprised what they have to say.

If you are in fact a pilot of any capacity, you'd be embarrassed to make that comment. Even on an internet forum hiding behind a random user name.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Was there something you didn't like?

Taxivasion
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Taxivasion »

I agree there are factors out of our control but do agree slightly with the OP. I've recently noticed a lack of finesse. There's a ton of automation up front now that maybe makes it impossible to make it more comfortable for the pax in the back but the last few commercial flights I've taken were a takeoff in light winds down the pipe and waging the tail like crazy, upon landing on a dry, light wind runway way hammer it down and heavy braking / reverse to a 11k ft runway where all the pax looking at each other like "is that normal", babies crying, etc. Another issue that grinds my gears is cabin comfort (cabin pressure control and temperature) your pax ears should never hurt and they should not be sweating. in all my years in corporate I've prided myself on making sure the pax in the back feel like they've never left their home couch. This apparently isnt the case with airlines anymore. Keep it up though, it's only job security for me.

Lateralus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lateralus »

Taxivasion wrote:I agree there are factors out of our control but do agree slightly with the OP. I've recently noticed a lack of finesse. There's a ton of automation up front now that maybe makes it impossible to make it more comfortable for the pax in the back but the last few commercial flights I've taken were a takeoff in light winds down the pipe and waging the tail like crazy, upon landing on a dry, light wind runway way hammer it down and heavy braking / reverse to a 11k ft runway where all the pax looking at each other like "is that normal", babies crying, etc. Another issue that grinds my gears is cabin comfort (cabin pressure control and temperature) your pax ears should never hurt and they should not be sweating. in all my years in corporate I've prided myself on making sure the pax in the back feel like they've never left their home couch. This apparently isnt the case with airlines anymore. Keep it up though, it's only job security for me.
Well it took to the last day of the year but here it is, the most idiotic post of 2015. Congrats you are Superman and the rest of mere mortals can only hope to achieve your level of awesomeness.

LTD
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by LTD »

Before I start, I would like to apologize because I don't like to post anything negative in nature on this forum... But I have to agree with Lateralus.. For lack of a better term, that was a pretty idiotic post on all accounts. It really did "grind my gears" as you said so eloquently.
If "the tail was wagging" like you say it's probably because the 330, 777, 321, or whatever type your flew on is a lot longer than the 1984 Citation II you are most likely currently flying from the right seat... Therefor, it's only normal for the tail to have a tendency to sway, even on a normal takeoff.
As for the pressurization, it's automatic on all passenger jets and preset to about 350ft/min, so if your ears hurt, maybe your shouldn't have been flying on that day in the first place. And the temperature, if you had ever had more than three passengers on your plane at once, you would already know it's impossible to set a comfortable temperature for over 300 people, with a cabin temp indicating 21/22C we often have pax complain it's too hot and others too cold at the same time (!?).
About the landings, 999 the last 1000 "commercial" flights I have been on have been fine, the only "bad one" being an aircraft flown by non-Canadian pilots. So I'm not sure what motivated your critical post in the first place besides ignorance and/or lack of experience on "commercial" aircraft.
As for job security, I wish it to all pilots including you, taxivasion. Although I would hope you portray a more intelligent and knowledgable image of yourself with your passengers than you did with that last post of yours. If not it might indeed be time for you to start worrying about your job security...
As far as I'm concerned, most/all major airlines do a great job of offering a safe flight, with good service at a fair price. Which is why I took exception to the ill advised stab you took at airlines in your post.
Regards,
Ltd

crj_705
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by crj_705 »

Good call BingBong! :smt008

Must have been the same cowboys that were in the front of my flight yesterday on landing in YYZ. A very nice flight overall except for spraying Type 4 on an obviously clean wing without any precipitation falling on a clear blue sky Manitoba day. A nice approach, smooth landing...THEN...SLAM ON THE BINDERS??? :rolleyes: What gives??? Just to save 18 seconds taxiing and taking the next available exit??? Remember people...our passengers will only remember the part of the whole flight which made them feel uncomfortable or scared, and it is indeed uncomfortable with cowboys up front. IMHO

CFM Symphony
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by CFM Symphony »

I completely agree with the finesse argument. In fact, I would love to see the OP finessing their way through the approach lights on the opposite end, and then leaping out of their seat, jumping down the slide, and offering their hand gracefully to every charmed gal who comes down after.

nottellin
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nottellin »

CFM Symphony wrote:
I completely agree with the finesse argument. In fact, I would love to see the OP finessing their way through the approach lights on the opposite end, and then leaping out of their seat, jumping down the slide, and offering their hand gracefully to every charmed gal who comes down after.

Oh Brother! get a grip. :roll: :roll:

Ah_yeah
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ah_yeah »

Wow. One troll's anus writes an ill-informed post and he gets this much play?
Doh ! I guess I'm part of the problem now. :rolleyes:

Art Garfunkel
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Art Garfunkel »

crj_705 wrote:
Good call BingBong! :smt008

Must have been the same cowboys that were in the front of my flight yesterday on landing in YYZ. A very nice flight overall except for spraying Type 4 on an obviously clean wing without any precipitation falling on a clear blue sky Manitoba day. A nice approach, smooth landing...THEN...SLAM ON THE BINDERS??? :rolleyes: What gives??? Just to save 18 seconds taxiing and taking the next available exit??? Remember people...our passengers will only remember the part of the whole flight which made them feel uncomfortable or scared, and it is indeed uncomfortable with cowboys up front. IMHO

Like Father like Son

Return to “Air Canada”