Jive?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

plhought
Rank 7
Rank 7

Jive?

Post by plhought »

Is this still happening? (The second 'Classic' OC). Waiting on the -300 life extension approvals moving along? Or has the Jive thing basically been (hopefully) shelved.

Just curious.
---------- ADS -----------

Full Ins
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Jive?

Post by Full Ins »

Haven't heard a peep since the flight attendants contract was announced

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

AC created numerous logistical issues and inherent inefficiencies by going the two OC route. It was intended primarily as a labour workaround.

Jazz has the terms requested from several of the labour groups (including self renewing collective agreements that will span another 10 years) such that the need to use a second OC in order to avoid Jazz labour is now seemingly pointless and potentially counterproductive. Whether it is one OC or two, it will be Jazz pilots and FA's crewing the aircraft at Jazz and (if necessary) Jive.

The Jazz maintenance group is the only labour group that is still in bargaining. It is likely that their issues have more to do with the potential impact of the CHR acquisition of Voyageur (and its YYB based MRO facilities) than Jive so that is presumably not a barrier to putting the Jive initiative to rest.

Of greater interest will be how CHR decides to put to use the surplus Dash 8 100's that are being removed from the CHR CPA with AC. CHR will be looking to derive a revenue stream for these assets that are fully paid for and almost completely depreciated. The fact that the ownership costs are nearly zero makes the required revenue less critical and therefore might permit CHR being more aggressive placing them in to service in a lower margin environment.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I'm sure the -100's won't be chopped up when they are removed from the CPA fleet. I would not be surprised if they were given the extension like the -300s are getting but who knows.

Let’s Go Brandon
dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Looks like Jazz Dash 8 100 C FABW, has been turned over and registered to Voyageur Airways yesterday.

Next stop Africa or chip wagon out along highway 17 ?

JZA Dxer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JZA Dxer »

The talk around SOCC is that the Jive idea was a pawn in negotiations with the labour groups to get on board with new long term contracts. I do know that our group was told(after the fact) that if we had not sign on for a 10 year deal that there would be a layoffs of approx 30-40% in our staff level when Jive came online and the Jazz flying was reduced. The idea of Jive being a pawn is pure speculation and I do not have any facts to back that up other than we keep hearing that the Jive start up is delayed and that certain managers that were part of the planning of Jive have moved on to other projects. I wouldn't be surprised that once the last labour group(MTC I believe) is on board, you will see the idea of Jive go the way of the Dodo.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”