Experienced Consultant for OC papers

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

PZL 1000
Rank 1
Rank 1

Experienced Consultant for OC papers

Post by PZL 1000 »

Hi Folks, I'm looking for an experienced consultant to do the paperwork for an operating certificate. It is Single Engine VFR floats. I remember a guy in Edmonton but his name escapes me. Ideally, the person would be located in Alberta as the service will be Alberta based. Please PM me.
---------- ADS -----------

longjon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Experienced Consultant for OC papers

Post by longjon »

Dave MacIntosh??? Edmonton

PZL 1000
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PZL 1000 »

Might be I was thinking the last name White but then I am old and have memory troubles :rolleyes:

Got a number?

ragbagflyer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ragbagflyer »

Glenna at http://www.gsaviation.ca/ has done loads of experience and has done specifically what you are looking for. She's also ex-TC and knows the CARS inside and out. She lives on the Island but that really doesn't matter much as all communications can be done over the phone or via skype.

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." - Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes)
single_swine_herder
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by single_swine_herder »

I'll put in another super-strong recommendation for Glenna.

When it comes to manuals, she knows her stuff inside out and backwards and will draft a manual and process AOC application documents with a very low TC rejection rate.

Now .... it needs to be said from the outset .... a manual and org chart structure that sits on the shelf after being approved is infinitely worse than being totally useless....... use it as describing the way you run the operation on a day-in day-out and if something doesn't work, change the manual to something that does work for cripes sake, don't just ignore it and spin off in your own direction.

One other thing, a consultant is not in charge of how long it takes for TC to approve the manual and other documents, do a certification inspection, and finally issue an AOC so you can then begin to deal with other govt agencies and actually find clients that will pay their bills in a timely fashion..... and pilots that seem to know everything about everything and will listen to nothing.

Best of luck with the process.

PZL 1000
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PZL 1000 »

Thanks folks. I called Glenna. I'll meet her next week in Victoria.

V1VRV2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by V1VRV2 »

Give Dave Walsh a call weight on wheels aviation
Halifax based but very knowledgeable.
I can find his number if you can't reach him

Good luck with your project sounds fun

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”