Iran sanctions lifted goes on airplane buy spree - A380's

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

bizjets101
Rank 10
Rank 10

Iran sanctions lifted goes on airplane buy spree - A380's

Post by bizjets101 »

More orders to come - placed an Airbus order for 114 aircraft. (also read 127)
Iran in the market for 400 - 500 aircraft.

8 A380's
16 A350's
unknown number of used A340's and A330's
balance of order A320's

Said to be looking at ATR Bombardier including C Series, and Boeing 100+ aircraft

Iran RVSM aircraft approval list far right two columns show last monitoring outside IRAN or valid/expired status
---------- ADS -----------

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Iran sanctions lifted goes on airplane buy spree - A380'

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

Did you find a place to stay? And did you write a Country & Western Song reflecting upon your experience?

awitzke
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by awitzke »

I wonder how soon the expat pilots will start flowing over.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Not anytime soon given the political and religious climate in Iran. Christians better be praying to Allah 3 times a day, and don't dare have a glass of wine with dinner!

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

Silliness. Those are just boring Western stereotypes. You would probably be amazed at how much partying, drinking, drugs, and clubbing go on in Iran.

Or, believe what you see on tv. :mrgreen:

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
timel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by timel »

Just curious, I was told that if you want to buy alcohol in Iran, it was only possible at the black market.
And you don't want to get caught buying alcohol.
Is it different now?

godsrcrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by godsrcrazy »

timel wrote:Just curious, I was told that if you want to buy alcohol in Iran, it was only possible at the black market.
And you don't want to get caught buying alcohol.
Is it different now?
Isn't most of the middle east like that. I believe Saudi is still that way.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Depends on the country. Same way that in Canada you can't buy recreational pot. Yet you can in parts of the United States.

Most of the middle east has the same religious influence, but their laws are vastly different from country to country. Kuwait is different from Saudi Arabia is different from Pakistan is different from UAE, etc.

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

For all the uneducated fools that believe what's on TV. I think an expatriate lifestyle would be just fine for any white individual. People actually will like you contrary to what your govt wants you to believe.

Rick Steves in Iran - If there's any part I want you to watch it's 14:54 and 33:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D61uriEGsIM

Life In Iran -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bke8kLt4-9I

Luxury in Iran - Something expat's should expect in their WAWCON. They won't be able to fill these Boeing's and Airbuses with locals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm30pTF6IZU

Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Panama Jack »

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

I have a colleague who previously worked in Iran.

He described it as the perfect job - had nothing but good things to say about the country and the people.

I spoke to another colleague who spent a week in Iran a few months ago - he also had only good things to say.

Most people think Iranians are Arabs (they're not).

There's a lot more to this country than what is shown on CNN.

I expect my employer will be doing a lot of business there in the coming years - looking forward to seeing for myself.

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
Hockaloogie
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Hockaloogie »

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

And you point is............ The Saudis behead and the Americans electrocute/drug concoction but business still goes on amongst them all. If Boeing could sell a few billion in aircraft sales they would kiss the Ayatollahs arse like them all.

200hr Wonder
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by 200hr Wonder »

It will be interesting to see how many of these order end up with aircraft actually on the ground moving people.

Cheers,

200hr Wonder
loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

Hockaloogie,

Just cause you don't see pictures like this in the west, does not mean that our leaders in the west don't kill millions of innocent and guilty people with one executive order. It just doesn't visually impair you because it's done with a suit, and agenda of "peace," and a $1000 dollar pen that your taxes went to pay for. Did you even do ANY research as to why these two individuals were executed? Or did you just post a picture to say that there's a death penalty in Iran?

I'll tell you one thing, and I hope it sticks. Go on a trip beyond the box that is your comfort zone; if you come back educated on how extremely low it was of you to identify an entire country's worth with that picture, then you deserve a second chance. Otherwise I share the sentiments of many that your post was extremely disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Like the case is when you visit/reside in any country, be respectful of its laws, customs, and culture, and you will not only learn a thing or two beyond your beer-fed narcissist lifestyle every Friday night, perhaps you'll be able to live in peace knowing that people all over the world have one common goal. To live happily, in love, and able to make a difference and feel appreciated for that difference. Then there are the naysayers that try to feed the agenda of dividing us like yourself. Have you considered politics? You'd fit right in.

Do I dare post a picture of your civilized white & christian folks whom think they are doing God a favor by pulling the trigger on the electrical chair below the 49th parallel? You know? The land of disney land and vegas? Or do I dare post a picture of that homeless veteran on East Hasting's ST in Vancouver with a white Mercedes SLK driving by in the background with an 18 year old Chinese kid behind the wheels? All in hopes of identifying how shitty of a place USA/Canada can be as well? No, because it doesn't identify North America. North American's are some of the nicest and most acceptable people I've ever had the opportunity to meet. It comes with it's negatives living here, but it comes with a LOT of positives. Same over there, except as a white individual, Iranian's would bend over backwards to give/show you a good time so that you gain a real impression of how nice/welcoming of a place it is. So give your head a shake dude. :roll:

Hockaloogie
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Hockaloogie »

Complexintentions says Iranians like to party. I'm showing you an Iranian party. Fun, eh? What a jolly bunch they are. Perhaps I'll invite a few over for tea and crumpets.

I'm not ashamed of anything. That's what happens in Iran. Civilized countries do not do that. Period.

AirMail
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by AirMail »

Oh My! That's a nice rock you have there Hock, mind if I hide under it with you?

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

Eric Janson wrote:
Most people think Iranians are Arabs (they're not).

There's a lot more to this country than what is shown on CNN.
I am generally not a big fan of CNN. CNN does, however, present an interesting perspective with the series - Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown. The episode on Iran (filmed prior to the sanctions being eased) is well worth checking out on Youtube. If you have been paying attention to current events in Iran, you will recognize 2 of the people featured in Bourdain's show.

crazyaviator
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by crazyaviator »

It will be interesting to see how many of these order end up with aircraft actually on the ground moving people.
A more efficient use of these aircraft would be in the AIR moving people :lol:

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

Loopa. Iran is one of 13 countries that has the death sentence for atheism. So what your saying is its ok for me to go there as long as I pretend to believe in the magical fairy in the sky.

Return to “General Comments”