Journalist seeking experts

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

seeking_answers
Rank 0
Rank 0

Journalist seeking experts

Post by seeking_answers »

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I'm a freelancer on assignment for a major Canadian newspaper, and I'm looking to speak with anyone who has expert knowledge of the maintenance of commercial Canadian aircraft.

Current and former engineers, mechanics, and pilots would all be valuable contributors and help bring clarity to my (and the reader's) understanding of the maintenance landscape. I'd prefer to speak with people on the record, but if you have sensitive information and wish to shield yourself, we can discuss options like going on background.

Background: My story emerged from the news that Air Canada will appeal the decision of the Quebec Superior Court requiring it to procure its maintenance needs within Canada to the Supreme Court per the ACPPA legislation. It got me wondering where AC has taken its maintenance, and where the other major Canadian airlines have their needs met.

At this time I have a pretty good sense of where most Canadian airlines are having their maintenance performed. I'm looking to speak with experts who can confirm the locations of commercial aircraft maintenance, as well as illuminate a few key points with respect to what they feel is the quality of maintenance performed in Canada vs. offshore, the future of the industry, and so on. Anecdotes are helpful; I've heard that Canadian mechanics have discovered issues on aircraft that were serviced by facilities outside the country.

Ultimately I want to paint an accurate picture of where things stand with Canadian commercial aircraft maintenance today. Please contact me directly so that I can offer you my contact information.

Cheers,

Jon
---------- ADS -----------

paucho
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Journalist seeking experts

Post by paucho »

PM me for a conversation . I have 30 plus yrs in the industry and was AC/Aveos for 8Yrs . Been overseas , all Maintenance related . May be looking for a writer for my stories as I have been all over

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Journalist seeking experts

Post by 5x5 »

FYI for those that don't read the General Cooments comments forum - here's the same question and discussion from there. http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopi ... 4&t=107172

Being stupid around airplanes is a capital offence and nature is a hanging judge!

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain

Return to “Maintenance”