AMS (Aircraft Maintenance Systems) Tracking Software

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Fox 3
Rank 4
Rank 4

AMS (Aircraft Maintenance Systems) Tracking Software

Post by Fox 3 »

Does anyone else use this system where they are? I would love to hear your opinion on it. I use it and I think it's a worthless piece of shit, but that's just my opinion.

~FOX~
---------- ADS -----------

Hang Time Is The Best Time!
iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: AMS (Aircraft Maintenance Systems) Tracking Software

Post by iflyforpie »

I use Microsoft Excel and it works great! 8)

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
TwinOtterLover
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TwinOtterLover »

i think i know what you mean by AMS but what really are they just so i can figure out for sure if what im thinking is what you mean

impress
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by impress »

I use it and find that like most systems, its only as good as the information you give it. If your trained well I sfind it works great and gives you better stats/reports than most other programs ive used.

Fox 3
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Fox 3 »

There are a lot of bugs in the programming, plus it pretty much requires someone to be maintaining it 24x7x365. But my favorite part about them is they sell you the software for $15,000 and then when you find all the bugs they won't give you the newest version because you don't pay them the additional $1800 a year. They call this a "technical support" fee.

~FOX~

If it's got wings
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by If it's got wings »

I am just in the process of getting it up and running in our operation and have not found any huge bugs yet, we did have a little bit of trouble getting it on the network as they had a little different idea of how it should work than my IT guy did but they changed things up to getting it to work the way we wanted it to. I have found it is much better than the Excel spread sheets that were being used when I took over. I have used winair extensively and the purchase price and even the tech support fee is a fraction of what they wanted to charge me, not to mention the salesman tearing a strip off me for not buying Winair. Sorry to hear your having problems with it, almost everyone I talked to had nothing but great things to say about it. One operator that is using it is opertating 60 aircraft and raved about it, they also were a former Winair customer. Everybody seems to have a different idea of what a good program should do and what their needs are, though I suppose programing issues would be something no one would be looking for, I know we used another program at one of the places I was at and when we had programing issues they up charged us to fix them ontop of the support fee because we had not upgraded to the latest and greatest version which included the fix.

b1ngnx33
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by b1ngnx33 »

Software? Computers?

Bah, do it the old way.

Binders, more binders, and MORE binders.

No search engines. ahhhh. Spending 30 minutes trying to find the one AD, or time limit warning.

Its great.

LOL.

adampenner
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by adampenner »

Here's a new web based Maintenance Tracker program that we have developed for our own company and now offering it to other AMOs.
http://aircraftadmin.ca/
The price is right, especially for lighter aircraft, it can be accessed from anywhere on the web, and it sends alarms to your email and cell phone.

warner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by warner »

if it's so good buddy why weren't you using it before TC shut things down for "maintenance" ?

Fox 3
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Fox 3 »

I just found out that Winair has come out with an answer to what AMS was trying to do. They have made a stand alone product that you purchase and there are no monthly fees, etc. It's clear they've realized the error in their ways. The purchase price is around $2500.00 so no where near the $15000.00 AMS cost. We did a demo the other day and I think I'm wiling to drop AMS like a bad habit. The Winair program was and is a far superior program, and now it's affordable to. Anyone interested in buying AMS?

Sidenote,
Warner...I don't think that was called for. Maybe they use it now as a result of what happened? You just came off sounding like a jerk there.

Gibi
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Gibi »

We have been using RAAS (remote access aviation system) from Aviation Intertec for about 7 years now and has worked well. Has helped me find a lot of things to increase TBO times. Full elog and web based. :prayer:

architexture
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by architexture »

Any updates here on what your using for your tracking software?

AMS vs Winair?

What about the costs vs the benefits?

Thanks in advance.

DonutHole
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DonutHole »

Gibi wrote:We have been using RAAS (remote access aviation system) from Aviation Intertec for about 7 years now and has worked well. Has helped me find a lot of things to increase TBO times. Full elog and web based. :prayer:
You really have to know your way around that system before it will work for you... but once it's figured out its still only as good as the operator.

I'd pick it again

all_ramped_up
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by all_ramped_up »

My experience with AMS is limited right now but I haven't found it too horrible to work with... yet?

Although having come from working with crap like Delta's SNAPP, Amelia and then a gamut of Dispatch software there's worse out there!

architexture
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by architexture »

Thanks! are there any other options out here?

hangarline
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hangarline »

architexture

Here is another option.

http://cafam.net/index.htm

architexture
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by architexture »

hangarline wrote: Here is another option.
http://cafam.net/index.htm
Thanks!

shaune
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by shaune »

We have been using AMS for 6 years with minimal glitches.....nothing that shut us down. It is only as good as the information going into it. We aren't using AMS to its full potential......the old guys still like paper but what we are doing with AMS has been good. Search function works well, I like how maintenance and inventory are separate but work together. Tech support when we first started was real good, I find we don't require tech support at all now. Not sure on the cost of the whole show....not my department as I am just a user. I doubt it's cheap.

Successfully providing disappointment.
architexture
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by architexture »

shaune wrote:We have been using AMS for 6 years with minimal glitches
Thanks for your feedback.

Interesting to hear about the maintenance and inventory are separate but work together.

Hard to get those old guys away from the paper. Do they find it hard to use?

shaune
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by shaune »

The old guys ( this would include me ) have no more trouble than doing a electronic attendance, or an expense claim sheet....actually AMS maybe be easier. It was initially "designed" by an AME for his own shop and it has since expanded. I think Richard sold AMS to some big international firm awhile back.
There are other good systems out there, I have used Winair and Silicon wings but this one seems to fit our needs.

Successfully providing disappointment.

Return to “Maintenance”