Air Georgian

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Air Georgian

Post by cdnpilot77 »

NickyNick wrote:
esp803 wrote:So, how much mostly BE20 PIC time did it take to get the call back? Did you ever find out what their ACTUAL requirements were?

E
I haven't had a reply from them as I indicated above. They want more than the 3200 BE20 PIC time that I currently have.
Just a hunch, but awitzke maybe has some insight as to why your resume has been overlooked?
---------- ADS -----------

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

cdnpilot77 wrote:
NickyNick wrote:
esp803 wrote:So, how much mostly BE20 PIC time did it take to get the call back? Did you ever find out what their ACTUAL requirements were?

E
I haven't had a reply from them as I indicated above. They want more than the 3200 BE20 PIC time that I currently have.
Just a hunch, but awitzke maybe has some insight as to why your resume has been overlooked?
Should I write out "King Air 200" instead of "BE20" on resume for the HR department to understand? I'm sure HR uses some lingo which I wouldn't understand.

esp803

Post by esp803 »

Yup, that's exactly the problem. Don't forget to add Beechcraft in front of it, just to make sure.

E

awitzke
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by awitzke »

cdnpilot77 wrote:
NickyNick wrote:

E
I'm confused.

atpilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by atpilot »

NickyNick wrote:
esp803 wrote:Are you sure?
YES
If you haven't had a reply, then how are you in the pool? I received an email from HR telling me that I have been placed in the hiring pool. The question was to see if those in the pool had received a start date.

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

atpilot wrote:
NickyNick wrote:
esp803 wrote:Are you sure?
YES
If you haven't had a reply, then how are you in the pool? I received an email from HR telling me that I have been placed in the hiring pool. The question was to see if those in the pool had received a start date.
I'm in the pool because I'm qualified to be. I meet all the requirements in their job ad.

short bus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by short bus »

^wrong

pilotdude86
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pilotdude86 »

If you haven't had a reply, then how are you in the pool? I received an email from HR telling me that I have been placed in the hiring pool. The question was to see if those in the pool had received a start date.[/quote]

I'm in the pool because I'm qualified to be. I meet all the requirements in their job ad.[/quote]

You need to get an email saying that you're IN THE POOL! Not because you met the requirements means youre in the pool.
Wait, did you even do an interview? Who was the Chief Pilot?

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

pilotdude86 wrote:If you haven't had a reply, then how are you in the pool? I received an email from HR telling me that I have been placed in the hiring pool. The question was to see if those in the pool had received a start date.
I'm in the pool because I'm qualified to be. I meet all the requirements in their job ad.[/quote]

You need to get an email saying that you're IN THE POOL! Not because you met the requirements means youre in the pool.
Wait, did you even do an interview? Who was the Chief Pilot?[/quote]

I have not had a reply to my resume.

Can someone with knowledge of the hiring PM me the actual requirements, the requirements in the job ad are bogus.

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Nickynick, I told you what you have to do to get another job. I spelled it out clearly for you. I am going to say it to you again, loud and clear: If you don't play their game, you will NEVER get hired by a major or even a regional (and probably nobody else either). Never!

It doesn't matter a particle that you don't want to/don't understand why/refuse, you are completely unemployable without it.

These guys that are posting here are telling you what you need to do too.

Read back over some of the questions I answered for you and just do what I suggest. At least you will get into these pools and you can then wow them with all your BE20 time.

The answer is still no.

"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
Tanker299
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tanker299 »

I think this guy should get best troll award. everyone bites hook like and sinker.

honestly who thinks that just because they "meet the requirements" they will get or are entitled to get a reply to the resume they sent in? Some places may contact you and others won't.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Hey XS, this look familiar?

Cover letter:

To whom it may concern,

I'd love a career at Jazz family.

Yours truly,

Paul Canatory

Resume:

4300 TOTAL TIME
3000 PIC BE20
ATPL
G1000/FMS
GROUP 1 INSTRUMENT RATING
CAT. 1 MEDICAL
RAIC
CANADIAN PASSPORT
CANADIAN BORN RESIDENT
FLIGHT COLLEGE DIPLOMA
ENGLISH LANGUAGE

YOURS TRULY,
PAUL CANATORY

Yup, those of us who have offered their help and time are rewarded with this "resume" that "NickyNick" sends. Each time it's a different, fake, made up name.

Was funny to see people get caught by the troll net at first, but now it's more than a bit annoying. My guess is it was a poor man's Abagnale Jr project to see how far he could actually go by fakin' it. There is a bit of a rumour going around as to who is actually posting with NickyNick as their alter ego, so maybe that's act 2?

Last edited by DanWEC on Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

If that's true, Dan, the time-wasting is breathtaking.

I refuse to have anything more to do with him/it/her whatever.

"What's it doing now?"
DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Life's too short! I spent the day on the slopes, but wishing I was on a boat......I'm sure you can relate. :)

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Completely!

"What's it doing now?"
iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

how long usually does it take to hear back from the interview process? anyone getting calls for a gs?

goodpilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by goodpilot »

iflyroads wrote:how long usually does it take to hear back from the interview process? anyone getting calls for a gs?
When I did mine, it was about 1 week to hear back from them. Overall I enjoyed the experience. Staff is very nice and friendly. Wish everyone all the best! :D

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

goodpilot wrote:
iflyroads wrote:how long usually does it take to hear back from the interview process? anyone getting calls for a gs?
When I did mine, it was about 1 week to hear back from them. Overall I enjoyed the experience. Staff is very nice and friendly. Wish everyone all the best! :D
Thank you :)

Its been longer than that for me, getting a bit nervous now.

atpilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by atpilot »

iflyroads wrote:
goodpilot wrote:
Thank you :)

Its been longer than that for me, getting a bit nervous now.
About 2 weeks for me. Then I was placed in the hiring pool, still waiting for a start date.

Thorjones
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Thorjones »

Last edited by Thorjones on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Employment Forum”