FPMA

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

comanchepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

FPMA

Post by comanchepilot »

Is GGN legitimately allowed to advertise that they have a PMA with Air Canada?

http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopi ... 7&t=107795

I was under the impression that the original PMA covered Jazz pilots on the property at the time the agreement was written, and that all other CPA carriers (and Jazz pilots hired after the new contract) would be eligible for AC interviews as part of the FPMA when it was introduced.

To my knowledge this has not yet occurred, so either they're lying in the advertisement or they know something that everyone else does not...
---------- ADS -----------

Retractable pilots do it with their gear up!
PositiveRate27
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: FPMA

Post by PositiveRate27 »

Its no secret that GGN, Sky Regional and EVAS pilots as well as the remaining AC poolies have been comprising the remaining 20% of the spots available on the AC courses since the original PML was established.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

They can hire whomever they want for those 20% spots, however the fact they are dong it via a PML is a direct violation of the Jazz PML to the detriment of Jazz pilots hired after Jan 31,2015 who are getting bypassed until the original is exhausted. If they were to start taking post Jan 2015 Jazz pilots for those 20% spots, that goes against seniority and we all know seniority is everything!
The fact that AC signed a deal with Jazz pilots and then almost immediately went out and made agreements in violation of it, speaks to the integrity or should I say lack of, from the management we are dealing with. Not really sure why I'm surprised though!

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

So, as someone hired post jan 2015.. you could in theory apply for that 20% ?

Every day I'm reminded that nothing is ever set in stone in this industry...

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

It all boils down to an interview. No guarantee of getting hired. 25-30% PFO rate for Jazz pilots so far.

Let’s Go Brandon
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

They plan to take only what they are required to take, hence the PFO rate ;)

I'm surprised they are allowing so many to defer dates though..

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

I would personally not trust the system enough to defer if I was in the position to flow through. It wouldn't be the first time something has changed. Also since I don't know exactly how it works if one were to defer their spot do they get a "place holder" seniority spot at AC as if they have been hired at that point?
If so since a union has to represent its current members would that not be something an outside hire could challenge if they get hired after the Jazz guy are paying dues to ACPA while some guy coming from a different company (jazz) isn't paying dues to ACPA?

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

fish4life wrote:I would personally not trust the system enough to defer if I was in the position to flow through. It wouldn't be the first time something has changed. Also since I don't know exactly how it works if one were to defer their spot do they get a "place holder" seniority spot at AC as if they have been hired at that point?
If so since a union has to represent its current members would that not be something an outside hire could challenge if they get hired after the Jazz guy are paying dues to ACPA while some guy coming from a different company (jazz) isn't paying dues to ACPA?
Yes, it's been done before

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

There has been atleast 3 Captains at GGN who have gone to AC in the past 6 months through their current PMA with AC

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

fish4life wrote:I would personally not trust the system enough to defer if I was in the position to flow through. It wouldn't be the first time something has changed. Also since I don't know exactly how it works if one were to defer their spot do they get a "place holder" seniority spot at AC as if they have been hired at that point?
The hiring deferral mechanics are all articulated in an LOU that forms part of the ACPA collective agreement. There is nothing to challenge unless the assignment of seniority is inconsistent with the exception provided for in the LOU.

The ability to defer is available to both Jazz PML pilots and OTS pilots.

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

Oh ok, that makes sense then. I thought it was part of the agreement Jazz signed and not the ACPA one so that is why I saw the issues with it, if it's an ACPA LOU then it should be fine.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”