Need to write the PRM exam

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Need to write the PRM exam

Post by rigpiggy »

the TC study and reference guide is decidely lacking, would anybody have any practice questions and the relevant CARs that they could fwd to me?
---------- ADS -----------

robertw
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Need to write the PRM exam

Post by robertw »

As far as I know, the CAR's exam is the same as for AME licensing. CAR's for the AME is a good start.

http://www.carsfortheame.com/studyguides.html

The interview will be based off of your MPM / MCM and your knowledge of CAR 571, 573, and any CAR part VII as applicable to your position (702, 703, 704 and definitely 706 if for an air operator.)

CID
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CID »

At the risk of sounding priggish, if you gotta ask maybe this isn't the right move for you.

GyvAir
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by GyvAir »

I'm sure he'll do just fine in both the exam/interview and the position. The PRM position often isn't a spot people aim to fill, but find themselves needing to fill it due to company structure and often on relatively short notice. I think it's pretty common for people to suddenly be going "OK.. I need to do this. How do I go about preparing myself in an efficient manner?"

(I don't know if this is true in rigpiggy's case of course, but I've seen the routine play out a number of times.)

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

GyvAir wrote:I'm sure he'll do just fine in both the exam/interview and the position. The PRM position often isn't a spot people aim to fill, but find themselves needing to fill it due to company structure and often on relatively short notice. I think it's pretty common for people to suddenly be going "OK.. I need to do this. How do I go about preparing myself in an efficient manner?"

(I don't know if this is true in rigpiggy's case of course, but I've seen the routine play out a number of times.)
Dingdingdingdingding. We have a winner.RW thx for the reference, cid as the newf's say " kiss me @#%{". Lol

Return to “Maintenance”