DCA Hotel AC staff rates-

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Tthib
Rank 0
Rank 0

DCA Hotel AC staff rates-

Post by Tthib »

I am based in YYZ Ground Services looking for a couple of days in DCA but cant seem to find much aboutr where i might get an AC staff friendly hotel. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

whiteguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: DCA Hotel AC staff rates-

Post by whiteguy »

Tthib wrote:I am based in YYZ Ground Services looking for a couple of days in DCA but cant seem to find much aboutr where i might get an AC staff friendly hotel. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
Lots of hotel options on your employee travel site....

TrailerParkBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by TrailerParkBoy »

sigh

Last edited by TrailerParkBoy on Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

Really...on a public forum your telling where the crews stay

Last edited by av8ts on Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Changes in Latitudes
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Changes in Latitudes »

Is paparazzi a big problem for Jazz pilots? Or do people still try to steal their hats?

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by BingBong »

When the axe murderes kill me in my sleep I'll know who to haunt. Why not post our home addresses while your at it

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

Because the crew of 5 getting off at the Hotel is not a dead giveaway :lol:

Going for the deck at corner
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Why give that info out if you don't have to? Pick a hotel near an airport and crew likely stays there, but if the specific info doesn't need to be public don't make it public. Like KNHK.

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

Rockie wrote:Why give that info out if you don't have to? Pick a hotel near an airport and crew likely stays there, but if the specific info doesn't need to be public don't make it public. Like KNHK.
There is some information that is easily accessible. Because it is online won't put anyone at risks. If someone wants to hurt a person from that group, all he has to do is follow them to their hotel. Easier than even looking online for an answer...

As far as my personal information, I believe putting some identifiable information (whether in posts or in profile) gives some credibility to one's posts and shows good faith (ie:not a troll...). General location from an IP address isn't that cosmic to get. Bottom line: I don't put information that couldn't easily be had otherwise.

Going for the deck at corner
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

The content of your posts give you credibility, not including identifying information. On the other hand some people make no attempt to hide their identity, in fact proudly proclaim it as if it lends credibility, but still post comments to elicit strong reactions. Nobody would mistake you for a troll with or without additional unnecessary information.

Where specific crews stay is unnecessary public information that cannot be used in a good way, but can be used in a bad way. Just leave it out.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

I know where the AC crews stay in Halifax, I know where they hang out, so do all the pub crawlers, taxi drivers, Hollis St ladies of the evening and Dartmouth girls of questionable character and loose morals. No secrets in the Port City...........

:weedman: :weedman: :partyman: :smt030

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

Changes in Latitudes wrote:Is paparazzi a big problem for Jazz pilots? Or do people still try to steal their hats?
What about stealing their entire uniform and ID? Terrorists have already used airliners as cruise missiles and targeted the U.S. Capitol. Not really hard to imagine how this information could prove dangerous. Further, remember the target of the Mali hotel attack last year was the Air France crew.

Please don't make layover hotel locations public information. I encourage the moderators on this forum to remove posts divulging Such information.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

Good god. For someone intent on stealing a pilot's uniform, finding out which hotel they stay it is the easiest part of the whole process. (Setting aside for a moment that a half-savvy evil-doer wouldn't steal an active pilot's uniform, kind of a dead giveaway of their intentions, no?)

To steal anything from a room they'd have to get past the front desk, the security guard(s), the cameras, the locks. But folks are wringing their hands because, although a terrorist could apparently do all of the above, there's no way they'd figure out where the hotel was. If people just wouldn't say it on the internet.

Logic fail.

This is the legacy of helicopter parenting, I guess. :wink:

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

There are many good reasons to not post layover locations on the Internet, but I can't think of a single one for why you would.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

Well, actually the original question and raison d'être for this thread was to find a hotel offering AC staff rates. That's a reason, and not a bad one in my book. (I like saving money!)

But a stern lecture on the dangers of the internet discovering that airline crews overnight in hotels has it's place too, I suppose.

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

complexintentions wrote:Well, actually the original question and raison d'être for this thread was to find a hotel offering AC staff rates. That's a reason, and not a bad one in my book. (I like saving money!)

But a stern lecture on the dangers of the internet discovering that airline crews overnight in hotels has it's place too, I suppose.
The guy supposedly works at Air Canada ground services, how many times a day do you suppose he walks by a pilot or flight attendant? Probably not less than 200 I'm guessing. There is also a secure (must log in) company forum for all employees with a dedicated section for employee discounts of all types where he could ask.

Asking where crews stay on the open internet is not only ill-advised for security reasons, but as an employee it's the least effective way for him to find a cheap hotel.

Last edited by Rockie on Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Tthib wrote:I am based in YYZ Ground Services looking for a couple of days in DCA but cant seem to find much aboutr where i might get an AC staff friendly hotel. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
Yammer

Return to “Air Canada”