Voyageur Airways King Air tow bar left attached

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

pdw
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1751
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:51 am
Location: right base 24 CYSN

Re: Voyageur Airways King Air tow bar left attached

Post by pdw »

Sulako wrote:Once in a while, for whatever reason, I may not have been 100% on the walkaround. I really, really, really try, but I'm still not perfect. Are you?
Towbars used to be bright orange, maybe so they were easier to see in a walkaround after dark ?
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3619
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:24 pm

Re: Voyageur Airways King Air tow bar left attached

Post by KAG »

I made it a point to do one last check before every flight. I started this after when I was an FO we had a wing locker blow open on take off.
I've known crews to leave engine plugs in, prop ties on, rudder locks in place, oil/fuel caps lose. All good pilots who got distracted and rushed.
---------- ADS -----------
 
The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4821
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:33 am
Location: YYC 230 degree radial at about 10 DME

Re: Voyageur Airways King Air tow bar left attached

Post by co-joe »

So they actually retracted the gear with that thing on? Seriously lucky it came back down.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”