Looking for April 2016 Activity Update

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

JAHinYYC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Looking for April 2016 Activity Update

Post by JAHinYYC »

Good afternoon:

Its been quiet around the Jazz board for a while and I was curious if anyone had a ground school or hiring activity updates that they would be able to share?

The last posting with respect to February 2016 bid showed a lot of activity on the Classic and the Q400. (IIRC the CRJ pool was "over crewed".)

As someone who is very interested in Jazz (1550hrs 500MPIC with AAs recently signed off) am I still a contender?
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by JAHinYYC on Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eastpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Looking for April 2016 Activity Update

Post by eastpilot »

My room mate is in Apr 11 class
3 RJ YYZ
2 RJ YUL
5 Classic YYZ

AvExpress
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AvExpress »

Hiring continues, around 20/mth from what I heard. If you're interested, apply. Plenty getting hired around the same time that you have.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Up to 20 a class.. classes every 3 weeks till september was the rumour in the training department. Watching the movement to AC.. it's been happening faster than expected. I doubt it'll be long before the FPMA is set up...

Have yet to see anyone hired without an A and close to 2k in the books with great references. My class was full of awesome guys. Except me of course :rolleyes:

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

I am in the class that started end of March. We had 4 Q, 4 Classic and 8 RJs offered. Sounds like 2 classes for May.

Experience varied in our class, but I came in with 1800 TT and my ATPL.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
awitzke
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by awitzke »

Rowdy wrote: Have yet to see anyone hired without an A and close to 2k in the books with great references. My class was full of awesome guys. Except me of course :rolleyes:
A few people I know hired in the last 6 months with under 1500 but A's written and mins other than total time for the ATPL completed. Former co worker had classmates with IATRA's and no multi PIC in his class...

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Mar 28 class had:

8 CRJ YYZ
5 Classic YYZ
2 Q YYZ
2 Q YYC

April 11 class had:

5 Classic YYZ
3 CRJ YYZ
2 CRJ YUL

Looks like next two classes are 16 people each and will be on May 2 and May 16 or 23rd.

Everyone is getting their base or second choice base in my GS Class before we've gotten to SIM. (Standing bids) Looks like there are mini bids approx. every 2-4 weeks due to the massive hiring. The next big big bid is Aug 15 I believe.

Good luck!

Tail-Chaser
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Tail-Chaser »

Any clue how easy it is to get to YVR with those mini-bids? It seems like there aren't many spots coming up during groundschool but people can get YVR in a mini-bid?

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

I was given Classic Dash 8 YYZ in ground school......second last seniority pull and I was just awarded YVR base June 1st last week (4 weeks after my initial AC type draw). I'm headed to YVR for SIM and line in doc and then will just roll into my YVR Base for June. Hoping for YYC base soon. There is so much movement right now and YVR has only the Dash8 Classic with 60+ FO's. So movement should be pretty decent as guys are upgrading onto the Q or going to AC. The sooner you get in the better it gets.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”