Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Sky regional

Post by cdnpilot77 »

NickyNick wrote:
That's a lof of BS. sky won't hire me for right seat with over 4000 hrs let alone left.
That's because they don't hire pretend people.
---------- ADS -----------

LTD
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by LTD »

NickyNick wrote: That's a lof of BS. sky won't hire me for right seat with over 4000 hrs let alone left.
With all due respect, It's quite obvious that with a post like this one, The issue isn't your logbook...

Etihad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Etihad »

Agreed.

PROC_HDG
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PROC_HDG »

NickyNick wrote:
That's a lof of BS. sky won't hire me for right seat with over 4000 hrs let alone left.
Funny, NickyNick has had the same total time for about the last 6 months. Must not be flying too much eh Nicky?

PROC_HDG

FlyingClimber
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlyingClimber »

Does anyone know if they have started to call people for that direct entry capt job that they posted couple weeks ago?

FlyingClimber
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlyingClimber »

Does someone know if they have started to call people for that direct entry Capt job that they posted a couple weeks ago?

flyingvinnie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyingvinnie »

FlyingClimber wrote:Does someone know if they have started to call people for that direct entry Capt job that they posted a couple weeks ago?
Yup, they have.

nottellin
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nottellin »

Nothing going like a nice smug reply like that to get the conversation started, care to share a little more information flyingvinnie?

bruced007
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bruced007 »

Can anybody post or pm me the starting pay and pay thereafter for DEC Embraer

thanks

flyingvinnie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyingvinnie »

nottellin wrote:Nothing going like a nice smug reply like that to get the conversation started, care to share a little more information flyingvinnie?
Nothing smug about the reply, at all. He asked if anyone has received I call, and I answered his question.

fruitloops
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fruitloops »

bruced007 wrote:Can anybody post or pm me the starting pay and pay thereafter for DEC Embraer

thanks

Attachments
a-pilot.JPG
a-pilot.JPG (92.14 KiB) Viewed 10524 times
Koalemos
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Koalemos »

Nice chart, couple small corrections:

Sky
- pay rates increase about 2% a year, plus up to another 1.5 for CPI
- USA perdiems are adjusted for the average monthly conversion rate
- there is profit sharing, however, you don't get paid out until 2 years service and if you leave prior then you get nada

Encore
- the monthly min guarantee was upped to 80 hours, but AFAIK that increase is only renewed on a yearly basis so it could disappear without warning

Not huge but there it is.

fruitloops
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fruitloops »

thanks for the info and reminder, I mistakenly posted an old image as my spreadsheet actually had some of the info you provided already, so here's an updated comparison of regionals. Thanks to all that have given me info over the past few months.

Attachments
regionals1.JPG
regionals1.JPG (101.27 KiB) Viewed 10325 times
avbird
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by avbird »

Do you have any of those fancy charts for the FO side ?

Jimmy_Hoffa
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy_Hoffa »

Read the column that says FO

Jojo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jojo »

Hi guys,

A question to you all in 705.
When there is a "Min 75h" mentionned, does it mean you're guaranted to work 75h or your pay cant be below 75h ?

Thanks

PositiveRate27
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by PositiveRate27 »

Jojo wrote:Hi guys,

A question to you all in 705.
When there is a "Min 75h" mentionned, does it mean you're guaranted to work 75h or your pay cant be below 75h ?

Thanks
Its the min they can pay you. Some companies on this list will fly you to the minimum, some will fly you into the 90's

AirMail
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by AirMail »

I like how Jazz bitched about SKY and GGN about lowering the bar, then they themselves go and lower it farther. GG ladies.

Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

!

Post by Boreas »

avbird wrote:Do you have any of those fancy charts for the FO side ?
Jimmy_Hoffa wrote:Read the column that says FO
AvCanada FTW! :supz:

proper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by proper »

Airmail,
As I mentioned in a previous post regarding the extras at Jazz:

Benefits are about 400$/month on company dime and 350 on me. If I get hit by a bus on vacation in Mexico, not only am I evacuated (or God forbid my family) to Canada or up to 2 million$ each family member, but I will continue to collect 70% of my pay NET, and have the insurance company continue my pension contributions until my "would have been" retirement age. It is the utmost security you can have for you and your family. This is in addition to in the event of accidental death, six times your gross salary in life insurance (that's the basic plan/ if not accidental 3 times gross salary) not to mention the additional insurance you can get through ALPA. Oh wait I forgot, God forbid you do die, your wife or partner will have 20 000$ cash wired directly to cover funeral arrangements. You tell me one other company ANYWHERE that can offer that. Yes my portion is expensive (around 350$/month) but in addition to all that we get the whole free massages, treatments, vision, medical and dental. That is if I have one wife and no kids, or one wife and 12 kids.... still 350$/month.
Yeah I'm sure GGN, Sky and Encore have that. Air Canada doesn't even have that. So to each their own but there is much much much more to a Jazz career that pay and per diem... Because it was built and still is a career company for those who chose to stay or those who didn't make the AC cut.
The challenge now is to bring the new hires in line with the old pay and pension.

And again I know some at sky working 20 days a month. There are some skippers here, working 20 days a month pulling in over 200k, salary only. Just saying... Fly safe my friends. It's just a job, eventually it's just a job and it's life that flies right on by.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”