AME Apprentice Treatment

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Locked
flying278
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:54 pm
Location: North of 60

AME Apprentice Treatment

Post by flying278 »

Here is something that I know will stir things up a bit. But at the same time I do know that, for the apprentices out there, it might be a god-sent. There is something about exploiting AME apprentices and then getting upset because they leave the company at their first fat chance. In a case known to me I was told that the company is trying to get their money out of them. Trouble is that after licensing the AME pay only goes up by 3 bucks or so, and another 1.50 for a ACA. Also a problem is that it doesnot help that poor guy finding any pridein his work for he knows he is being sucked dry for 2 1/2 years after completing his school. Is this a common situation and how deal other apprentices with that? What is that telling us? Comments?
---------- ADS -----------
 
Stay safe!
b767jetmec
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:56 am
Location: North of Nowhere

Post by b767jetmec »

I won`t say that the treatment is right or wrong but what I will tell you is that it takes time to know you and your skills and what you are capable of handling. If I was signing for work that you did, you can bet your ass I`d be inspecting your work with a fine tooth comb, cause it`s my ass on the line. I don`t know your particular situation, but generally speaking, if you apply yourself, show interest and really want to learn, you should do alright and gain the due respect.

Good luck.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Boeing just does it better!
bee tee
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:18 pm

Post by bee tee »

All the bitching and whining threads should be moved to the "Ladies' Night" forum!
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Dust Devil
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4027
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:55 am
Location: Riderville

Post by Dust Devil »

Utva wrote:All the bitching and whining threads should be moved to the "Ladies' Night" forum!
Oh my :shock:
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Dust Devil
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4027
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:55 am
Location: Riderville

Post by Dust Devil »

b767jetmec wrote:I won`t say that the treatment is right or wrong but what I will tell you is that it takes time to know you and your skills and what you are capable of handling. If I was signing for work that you did, you can bet your ass I`d be inspecting your work with a fine tooth comb, cause it`s my ass on the line. I don`t know your particular situation, but generally speaking, if you apply yourself, show interest and really want to learn, you should do alright and gain the due respect.

Good luck.
I agree b767

When starting out in any industry you gotta have a thick skin and suck it up. Pilot, AME, Hell even doctors get treated like bitches when they start. Whining won't get anyone anywhere.
---------- ADS -----------
 
flying278
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:54 pm
Location: North of 60

Post by flying278 »

You are funny. Someone who goes into this profession wants to learn, that why he puts up with this bullshit. But what concerned is the fact that some companies do not treat apprentices for what they are worth. After all, they are already graduated members of this craft and just want to put their time in so they get some more experience. It is the old thing of showing off to thenew guys that can go to wild extremes. When a 4th year apprentice is asked to push the broom because he disagrees with the lead mechanics directions then this shows what those maniacs are capable of with new guys. Comments?
---------- ADS -----------
 
Stay safe!
Locked

Return to “The Water Cooler”