AT Pilots Reach TA

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: AT Pilots Reach TA

Post by fish4life »

It seems good until you realize for starting FO it's less than 2% / year over the course of the contract... That will probably be a pay cut after inflation.
---------- ADS -----------

Ishhhh
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ishhhh »

When you factor in

The RRSP match at 140% (5/7),
The jump of 1 or 2 ladder when you jump from widebody to narrow,
The fact that every DQ pilot remain on the widebody scale when flying the narrow body
The different bonus paid if the contract is not respected
The 90 hours block program in the winter
Not to mention all the better non monetary clause

i do not think a sunwing pilot makes more.

My two cents

CMD-A
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CMD-A »

Hey guys, this is not a competition between Sunwing pilots and Transat pilots who makes more money. You guys make more and good for you... What it is, is the constant improvement of working conditions at both companies from one contract to another. We are the only 2 comparable operators in Canada so as pilot groups we have to work together and not against each other to steadily improve our conditions instead of letting our companies drive our working conditions down.

Scuba_Steve
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Scuba_Steve »

Anytime a pilot group in the industry improves their WACON I say good on them, I hope they make money than me, means we get to use them as a benchmark the next time we negotiate.

So as an Air Transat Pilot, I say nice job Sunwing Pilots!

Cheers

Monorail Conductor
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Monorail Conductor »

On an unrelated note, I wanted to give a big ups and many thanks to transat. Especially the csas and flight crews. After getting bumped 4 times on other carriers trying to cross the atlantic in the general direction of canada, AT came through big time and I got to fly recip js for the first time with them. It was the most pleasant standby travel experience i have ever had. The staff were friendly and graciously helpful the whole time getting me listed and checking in with me when the load was finalized and i could get a seat in the cabin.

Youre a class act AT. Happy landings

TFTMB heavy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TFTMB heavy »

On an unrelated note, I wanted to give a big ups and many thanks to transat. Especially the csas and flight crews. After getting bumped 4 times on other carriers trying to cross the atlantic in the general direction of canada, AT came through big time and I got to fly recip js for the first time with them. It was the most pleasant standby travel experience i have ever had. The staff were friendly and graciously helpful the whole time getting me listed and checking in with me when the load was finalized and i could get a seat in the cabin.

And it's free!

Marinth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Marinth »

Any update on hiring at Air Transat since the new contract was signed? Are there going to be new hire ground schools any time soon?

dunkafa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dunkafa »

TFTMB heavy wrote:

And it's free!

+1 AT crews are great

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”