Sunwing interview

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ei ei owe
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Sunwing interview

Post by ei ei owe »

Anyone know if a pilot on contract can collect EI when the contract is finished in May?
---------- ADS -----------

Everything comes in threes....
scopiton
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by scopiton »

interview is a straight forward airline interview. no tricks. a scenario question like : what would you do in that situation... technical question : nothing you should ignore at this stage of your career.
very friendly and relax team of interviewers - upfront and open minded. will answer all your questions without trying to delude you.

you can collect E.I. after your contract ends as any seasonal worker, make sure all the boxes are checked stating end of contract on your end of employment slip.
11 gdo/mth
pay is 5500/mth of contract for 85hrs, x1.5 above 90(?)hrs. X2 when working on a day off. you may be taxed at 50ish% depending on your province and amount of over time. you may get tax return depending on your overall income in 2015 if you don't start too late. other tax return you will see it in 2017 since your E.I "income" will lower you global 2016 year income.

during training you're on perdiem only. hotel in toronto paid by company. 100$/day, 150$ when in the sim. plan on 2 weeks of training (if I'm not wrong). you're on payroll when starting line indoc. if pay period is 2weeks it would mean 1 mth without pay (once again correct me if that's not correct).

contract ends May 31st. the last grd-school with "high chances" of full year employment was before aug31. it may have changed though.

good luck ! :D

OttawaBlueSky
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by OttawaBlueSky »

Hello gents.
Does anybody have any info on the interview questions?
Anything would be appreciated.

Mike.

Al Borlin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Al Borlin »

I would appreciate a PM if anyone has any additional information. Thanks.

Flysafe21
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Flysafe21 »

I have an interview soon ! If I can get some good info please PM me.
I will help others after. Talk to you soon.

Last edited by Flysafe21 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

I'm not an expert. But I imagine sunwing HR wouldn't appreciate you sharing their interview gouge. Stating when your interview is on a public forum might not be the best idea either.

Golddigger
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Golddigger »

Hi any information on the hiring process would be greatly appreciated PM is fine

Thank you

Golddigger
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Golddigger »

Flysafe21 did you have your interview ? Hope it went well for you care to share any information pm me

Thanks

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Sunwing is also hiring directly from Seneca College.

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Gilles Hudicourt »

rudder wrote:Sunwing is also hiring directly from Seneca College.
Really ? How things change

They went from this :
Must have valid and current Airline Transport licence. Must be qualified to operate Boeing 737-800/900 aircraft. Must have valid aviation medical. Minimum 3000 hours total flying time with a minimum of 500 hours on Boeing 737-800/900.
To this :
POSITION: Pilots (Seasonal, Contract)
DEPARTMENT: Flight Operations
REPORTING TO: Chief Pilot
POSTING DATE: March 07, 2014
POSTING CLOSE: Open until filled

Qualifications:
• Must have Canadian Airline Transport Pilot License and valid Aviation Medical
• Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada
• 3,000 hours total time – Lower than 3000hours total time may be considered based on experience
• Positive Attitude
• No Accidents / Incidents / Violations in last 3 years

Ground School start date – August 2014
And now straight out of Seneca....

timel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by timel »

rudder wrote:Sunwing is also hiring directly from Seneca College.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEESertJq-_/

...Looks like this is accurate, SW is starting a cadet program.
So what's the deal?

sampsonmcd
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sampsonmcd »

Why do they need a cadet program? There are tons of more qualified pilots who would love to fly a 737.

Oh wait.... This wouldn't be a way to pay pilots lower wages would it?

No more TFW=hire 200 hr CPLs and have them pay for bonds, European style!

Brilliant! :prayer:

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

sampsonmcd wrote:Why do they need a cadet program? There are tons of more qualified pilots who would love to fly a 737.

Nope, same wages and conditions as anyone hired off the street. Good opportunity for some lucky cadet.
I suspect they're looking forward a few years once duty regs get changed etc and forecasting greater difficulty in hiring. There was a time that AC used to hire 250 hour cadets, don't recall that being an issue. As long as you adjust your training practices accordingly cadets will be perfectly capable pilots.

garfield
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by garfield »

tbaylx wrote:
sampsonmcd wrote:Why do they need a cadet program? There are tons of more qualified pilots who would love to fly a 737.

Nope, same wages and conditions as anyone hired off the street. Good opportunity for some lucky cadet.
I suspect they're looking forward a few years once duty regs get changed etc and forecasting greater difficulty in hiring. There was a time that AC used to hire 250 hour cadets, don't recall that being an issue. As long as you adjust your training practices accordingly cadets will be perfectly capable pilots.
And they will be upgraded captain at 1500 hours!

There's thousands of pilots with over 3000 hours in this country who can't even land a F/O position, where's the logic?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

garfield wrote:
tbaylx wrote:

And they will be upgraded captain at 1500 hours!

There's thousands of pilots with over 3000 hours in this country who can't even land a F/O position, where's the logic?
They most certainly wont be upgraded at 1500 hours. No idea why they chose now to introduce a cadet program but its around 2% of the total number of pilots hired given forecast numbers so hardly a significant number.

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Gilles Hudicourt »

tbaylx wrote:There was a time that AC used to hire 250 hour cadets, don't recall that being an issue. As long as you adjust your training practices accordingly cadets will be perfectly capable pilots.
Unless I'm wrong, these were used as Second Officers on the 727.

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

Logic! The airlines are going to do what they think is best for them.

What is your source for claiming there are thousands of pilots with over 3000 hours who can not get an FO position?

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
Golddigger
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Golddigger »

Any information on the new hiring process for pilots , interview prep ,exams would be greatly appreciated .

Wacko
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Wacko »

They most certainly wont be upgraded at 1500 hours. No idea why they chose now to introduce a cadet program but its around 2% of the total number of pilots hired given forecast numbers so hardly a significant number.
My money is on some management types kid or family member wants to be an professional pilot ;)

Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac. George Orwell
Disclaimer: The above post was not meant to offend anyone.
Tobelino
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Tobelino »

tbaylx wrote:

Return to “Employment Forum”