Proper way to log 12 legs a day in a personal logbook?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

lazyeight
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Proper way to log 12 legs a day in a personal logbook?

Post by lazyeight »

If were talking A's, yeah TC will accept the secondary stops in the comments section.

Mine is like the following CYYZ-CYYZ under the main to/from columns. Then under comments would be "YQT, YWG, YQT". Total logged, total XC, IMC.
---------- ADS -----------

timel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by timel »

Big Pistons Forever wrote:
(f) in the case of a flight in an aeroplane, all of the intermediate take-offs and landings;

Para (f) would IMO allow you to make one entry per day. The "flight" is your whole day so it would start with the airport (or place) that you took off from the first time and ends with the airport you landed at at the end of the day with the flight time being the cumulative total. Eg 1 Apr 20XX, Pa 31, GXXX, self, CYVR-CYLW-CYXX-CYVR-CYBL-CYXS, 7.8 hrs day VFR

In any case that is the way I have done it for the last 29 years and nobody has complained.

I should have made a thread on this issue 2 years ago. It really pisses me off to read all those posts. It isn't fun to rewrite a 1000 hours after some hysteric person went crazy on you and your logbooks.

[quote="ThatArmyGuy"
maybe another classic case of Region vs Region?
Yes, different places, different people, some want to help and other be a pain in the arse. I know some people who submit their paper work in orther provinces in order to get a better service.

PointyEngine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by PointyEngine »

Turbine dog wrote:Hello Av Canada,

I have had many days where I have flown over 10-15 legs.

Right now I am just making one entry for the entire day, and putting the routing in the comments section. I leave route of flight blank because there is not enough room for anything there.

I was just wondering what others do. Is there a proper way of logging multiple legs like this? Will transport accept a logbook for an application that is completed this way?
What you're doing is completely fine - I had a similar question years ago. In the bush we'd fly in excess of 10 legs daily for seasons at a time. When I submitted it to TC for ATPL issue they had no problems with it at all. Airline interviews also never questioned it.

Return to “General Comments”