Scholarships/bursaries/grants

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Scholarships/bursaries/grants

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

I am currently going into second year at Confederation College, the Aviation Flight Management Program. I am just wondering if anyone knows of any scholarships available to me, and could give me links or contacts in order for me to get more information and/or apply.

I have been looking around on different websites, but there doesn't seem to be anything I am elegible for.

Any input would be appreciated....also if anyone would like to give me money, I'd appreciate that as well. :)

ST
---------- ADS -----------

Right Seat Captain
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: Scholarships/bursaries/grants

Post by Right Seat Captain »

Redneck_pilot86 wrote: I am currently going into second year at Confederation College
also if anyone would like to give me money, I'd appreciate that as well. :)
I believe all the residents of Ontario (which includes myself) are already giving you money, by paying for your flight training. :)

Anyways, I know how difficult it is to make ends meet as a student, even in a subsidized program. I unfortunately have no knowledge of any particular scholarships available, but check out the financial services at your college.

kim_2222
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kim_2222 »

i thought confed wasnt subsidized... as for scholarships and the like, your school should have a financial aid office. they'll know all the ways to get "free money"

k

monkeyspankmasterflex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by monkeyspankmasterflex »

Back in the day there were a few scholarships available, they were worth 300-1000 type thing. Back then you had to apply for next year's scholarships and the end of the school year, so if things haven't changed you're too late. RSC is right, enjoy my tax dollars fucker, I enjoyed your daddy's. Have fun.

Right Seat Captain
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Right Seat Captain »

I don't know if you checked the website for your program, but there's a whole lot of bursaries and scholarships listed there:

http://www.confederationc.on.ca/aviatio ... saries.asp

Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

kim_2222 wrote:i thought confed wasnt subsidized...
Confed is one of the subsidized schools....thats the only way I was able to afford to get as far as I have.

Right Seat Captain, I did see that list, but all of them say "selected in consultation with program faculty". I took this to mean that the staff there nominate and select the recipients, with no application or anything...maybe I'm wrong tho?

And thanks for the Tax dollars everyone :D

ST

. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.

Post by . ._ »

Redneck_pilot86 wrote:And thanks for the Tax dollars everyone :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, it is our God-given RIGHT to fly for free!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just joking folks- thanks for the Zlin time.

-istp

Return to “Flight Training”